Photo

Accidently loaded Custom Rom while Stock ROM active - what now?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 bradleonard

bradleonard

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

It seems to take a really long time during the "Patching system files..." stage.

#22 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

It seems to take a really long time during the "Patching system files..." stage.

Yeah it will. Most of the update is system files.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#23 bradleonard

bradleonard

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

It says the update was successful. Rebooted and made it past the M to the boot animation...Now booting into OS. If this continues to work do I need to do anything to uninstall Safestrap?

#24 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

It says the update was successful. Rebooted and made it past the M to the boot animation...Now booting into OS. If this continues to work do I need to do anything to uninstall Safestrap?

Well wiping cache and data might have done the trick. Since you ran the unbrick utility and reapplied the leak safestrap will be gone.

#25 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

And sorry if I was confusing at times. Was trying to help a few other people out at the same time lol. My apologies.

#26 bradleonard

bradleonard

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

I greatly appreciate your help! I've never had this much trouble in 3 phones. In regard to Safestrap, when installing a new ROM it seems that you MUST make sure you have the RAM Slot selected that you want to install into, correct?

#27 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

I greatly appreciate your help! I've never had this much trouble in 3 phones. In regard to Safestrap, when installing a new ROM it seems that you MUST make sure you have the RAM Slot selected that you want to install into, correct?

Yeah I would avoid installing anything on the stock side. It is possible but I don't recommend it. You always want stock available if something goes wrong. When you reinstall safestrap I would delete your rom slots then create them again just to be safe since you had to go through all that to get it up and running again. Then load the ROM you want into slot 1 or 2...etc.

#28 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

And feel free to pm me anytime if another issue arises or if you have any other questions. I'm more the happy to help if I can.

• bradleonard likes this

#29 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Could you not flash the stock ROM to the stock side to correct this error ?

#30 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

Could you not flash the stock ROM to the stock side to correct this error ?

No. It doesn't work. According to the safestrap thread you're supposed to be able to flash the stock side using safestrap version 311 but it doesn't work. I've tried it several times. You can however, restore a backup of the stock side if you made one. I'm able to anyway.

Whatever the case, don't mess with the stock side.

#31 bradleonard

bradleonard

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

I'm guessing that was my problem. If you can't flash into the stock side, that was the road block.

#32 bradleonard

bradleonard

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

And feel free to pm me anytime if another issue arises or if you have any other questions. I'm more the happy to help if I can.

This will be slightly off topic, but I don't have enough posts to Private Message yet. With Safestrap's Recovery State being uninstalled, can I delete the Safestrap folder from my internal memory card without causing problems?

#33 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

This will be slightly off topic, but I don't have enough posts to Private Message yet. With Safestrap's Recovery State being uninstalled, can I delete the Safestrap folder from my internal memory card without causing problems?

You can delete it but you will have to recreate rom slots again if you decide to use Safestrap again. Are you just gonna stay stock rooted?

#34 Yandroid

Yandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hi there, i have an awkward question. because im dumb, i did a full wipe to my stock rom slot in safestrap 3.11, as such cant get it to boot. i've tried to install the flashable stock jb and it gets errors. is there anything i can do to fix this?

#35 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hi there, i have an awkward question. because im dumb, i did a full wipe to my stock rom slot in safestrap 3.11, as such cant get it to boot. i've tried to install the flashable stock jb and it gets errors. is there anything i can do to fix this?

If you can still get into safestrap, then this may help. If you can't, you'll have to use Matt's unbrick utility. Link is on the referenced thread.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR
  • neckchop likes this

#36 Yandroid

Yandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

Woo! thanks so much! totally worked. I could boot into safestrap so it was a pretty simple fix. thanks again.

#37 Brian

Brian

Everyday holds a different challenge, how will you meet them?

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAnywhere you Aren't

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

You can delete it but you will have to recreate rom slots again if you decide to use Safestrap again. Are you just gonna stay stock rooted?

Your best bet would be to start from scratch, and recreate the rom slots as you need them. Also keep in mind that each slot takes a minimum of 1.88gb of space on your internal card. And remember to make sure you have a ROM slot Activated BEFORE wiping or flashing anything....good luck!
  • neckchop likes this

#38 Ryner

Ryner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

you can brick moto phones lol since the bootloader is locked

#39 bradleonard

bradleonard

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

If you can still get into safestrap, then this may help. If you can't, you'll have to use Matt's unbrick utility. Link is on the referenced thread.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Hey Old Baldy, I was attempting to follow this link in regard to getting phone to boot into stock rom slot when you can still get into safestrap, however the link does not work for me. It tells me that I don't have access.

Currently I am unable to boot into my stock rom slot, it hangs at the boot animation. Perhaps this is because my battery is only at 20%. I am hoping it will charge and then boot. any suggestions?

#40 shalom

shalom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

i had to use rsd lite 6......something, find the original fw for my razr maxx hd and not only delete the get var lines but also had to delete the 2 gpt_main lines from the xml as well, it worked ...i had a blank bricked maxx hd for like a week till i figured out myself how to do it ....it was funny i tried useing the utility did not work anykind of razr utility ....i had to manually flash (fastboot cmd) boot.img     system.img     recovery.img and all i got was it booting but no screen heard it doing the whole droid thing but no screen lol but like i said i finally got it working ...oh and i went thru 4 diff safestraps befor i could put a working rom on mine idk why but the razrs are all diff for some reason ...some utilities ...safestraps....and roms just dont work......i know ive been screwing with this thing for a month and something and now i think i can program the damn thing from scratch blind folded .....lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users