captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

Last month, I believe it was, that we saw the GSM ICS version leaked and now we see a CDMA/VZW leak. Hopefully they both are released soon

#62 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

I'm sure they'll soak test this, but how cool would it be to just wake up one moring to ICS OTA? :D

:-D :-D

#63 xxspark89xx

xxspark89xx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

I noticed in one of the screenshots that the "Webtop" version information was unavailable. I assume it's not setup or installed yet? With that said - chances are this ICS version isn't exactly complete as of yet.

#64 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

This looks soooo freaking nice! Cannot wait for this to come out. This I getting better by the week.. Gnex my rear end, DROOOIIID
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#65 orcsbane13

orcsbane13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

This looks soooo freaking nice! Cannot wait for this to come out. This I getting better by the week.. Gnex my rear end, DROOOIIID

We should thank all the Gnex people for beta testing ICS for us. :-p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#66 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

so this is what the local verizon store manager had to say about why the company pretty much ignores us. We're in the minority. He personally was a business major and could care less about technology. Most management types he believed were the same - they look at dollars not version numbers. It's all about how many phones get sold, he said. The Nexus, having ICS already, is actually the most returned phone in the store. The least being apple (he didn't like them either) That was what he saw from his position - numbers of returns and sales. And that's the general opinion of higher ups in the company. They don't look at or care about if we have an unlocked bootloader or want to root our phones. For them, that would actually make returns increase - so they have a vested interest in keeping things clamped down. As for ICS, he couldn't say specifically but felt it was due to the numerous issues with the Nexus. He did offer to have the local "data guy" call me - someone who would know a lot more about the technical side of things. This fella was nice, though he didn't even know what a bootloader was. I somewhat feel that verizon is less out to screw me and more out just to save their own asses. In any case, ICS won't be here for a while unless someone rips it off a beta test and posts it. It's happened before.....

#67 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

so this is what the local verizon store manager had to say about why the company pretty much ignores us. We're in the minority. He personally was a business major and could care less about technology. Most management types he believed were the same - they look at dollars not version numbers. It's all about how many phones get sold, he said. The Nexus, having ICS already, is actually the most returned phone in the store. The least being apple (he didn't like them either) That was what he saw from his position - numbers of returns and sales. And that's the general opinion of higher ups in the company. They don't look at or care about if we have an unlocked bootloader or want to root our phones. For them, that would actually make returns increase - so they have a vested interest in keeping things clamped down. As for ICS, he couldn't say specifically but felt it was due to the numerous issues with the Nexus. He did offer to have the local "data guy" call me - someone who would know a lot more about the technical side of things. This fella was nice, though he didn't even know what a bootloader was. I somewhat feel that verizon is less out to screw me and more out just to save their own asses. In any case, ICS won't be here for a while unless someone rips it off a beta test and posts it. It's happened before.....

Lol, I don't believe any major business has the debates of 'How can we lie to and screw over our customers without any other reasons for our actions." That is just the end result of the decisions they have made. In reality, I believe the appropriate move for them at this point if they do not wish to conform to the promises they made would be to release everyone from their contracts, but that would cost them a fortune.

#68 pdefazio

pdefazio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

Why is this a surprise? Welcome to capitalism.

#69 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

You can come to your own conclusions about this file but lets not burden anyone with an over abundance of questions. If you don't know what that means read between the lines.

Thank you for understanding :)

Edited by P3Droid, 20 February 2012 - 01:44 PM.
Fixin it up

• snives and andlaw like this

#70 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationIn the Sac of CA

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

You can come to your own conclusions about this file but lets not burden anyone with an over abundance of questions. If you don't know what that means read between the lines.

Thank you for understanding :)

whoot :)

#71 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

i have to agree, the fact that he was nice enough to show us this stuff and confirm it's existence should not make him the target of harassment - or even questions. As a whistleblower, he should be praised but you can't expect him to go so far as to release the rom. In all likelyhood, high up moto people already know where this is coming from and he will be lucky to keep his job.

#72 cdd543

cdd543

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

i have to agree, the fact that he was nice enough to show us this stuff and confirm it's existence should not make him the target of harassment - or even questions. As a whistleblower, he should be praised but you can't expect him to go so far as to release the rom. In all likelyhood, high up moto people already know where this is coming from and he will be lucky to keep his job.

Why would you even release it directly? You wouldn't--you'd pass it to someone else to send along. Hopefully something useful comes of it for us all.

#73 vash_h

vash_h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Google+:chiayx
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

the screen shots says webtop version unavailable, is this why ics is not released yet? Still ironing out the wrinkles..

Sent from my Motorola Razr XT910
Running Rooted Motorola Droid XT910 on 65.1.21.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

#74 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

the screen shots says webtop version unavailable, is this why ics is not released yet? Still ironing out the wrinkles..

Sent from my Motorola Razr XT910

It only says that because webtop is not attached. My transformer prime says "mobile dock version not available " when its not on the dock.

#75 Cruiserdude

Cruiserdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:@andrewblitch

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

No offense dude, but you must be pretty new to the Android scene. This is how it's always been, should come as no surprise. The managers at your local stores don't know or care anything about the devices, and the executives only see them as a means to an end. The carriers sell plans, and cool phones bring in new customers and make existing ones resign. They don't want you to have a bad experience, but their main interest in your device is that it provides reliable radio performance so you can enjoy the network access you pay for.

We're definitely in the minority, you have to realize that most customers like upgrades, but don't care enough to make a fuss. They will, however, be upset if their phone gets less reliable or something doesn't work. So keep in mind what their priorities are, what makes them money, and accept it. Be glad we have awesome devs and get some cool leaks, and be happy. Don't give us a bad name by being an rear end to people who have no control over these things, or even any idea what you're talking about.

No offense intended, just a heads up! 8)
  • snives and martybm5 like this

#76 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

No offense dude, but you must be pretty new to the Android scene. This is how it's always been, should come as no surprise. The managers at your local stores don't know or care anything about the devices, and the executives only see them as a means to an end. The carriers sell plans, and cool phones bring in new customers and make existing ones resign. They don't want you to have a bad experience, but their main interest in your device is that it provides reliable radio performance so you can enjoy the network access you pay for.

We're definitely in the minority, you have to realize that most customers like upgrades, but don't care enough to make a fuss. They will, however, be upset if their phone gets less reliable or something doesn't work. So keep in mind what their priorities are, what makes them money, and accept it. Be glad we have awesome devs and get some cool leaks, and be happy. Don't give us a bad name by being an rear end to people who have no control over these things, or even any idea what you're talking about.

No offense intended, just a heads up! 8)

+1

This is why I am more concerned with the lack of bootloader unlock than ICS being rushed out. That puts only the more knowledgeable users, or those foolish enough to play around with a bootloader without knowing what they are doing at risk. Have their tool throw up a few warning messages about how it voids our warranty, etc, etc to make it clear they aren't going to feel responsible for those of us that like modding.

#77 rfeagan

rfeagan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:rfeagan

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

Many customers don't even like upgrades. Change scares people. Those if us on these boards, thrilled by bleeding edge technological change, are thrilled by it. I know more than a few "normal" Android users that switched to iphone because they said Android got too many updates. They didn't even know what the updates did, but their basic consumer assumption is that if an update is needed, it's evidence of a less than quality product at the start. The consumer sentiment was "another update? Why can't google get it rightthe first time?"

I know, i know, facepalm.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Verizon Droid Razr MAXX
  • martybm5 likes this

#78 P3Droid

P3Droid

Android Legend/ Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:P3Droid

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:47 AM

Good morning, please keep all posts in this thread on topic. If you want to talk about customer svc reps and or iphone items lets create a new thread for that.

#79 en7gm4

en7gm4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/en7gm4
  • LocationtEXas

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

Many customers don't even like upgrades. Change scares people. Those if us on these boards, thrilled by bleeding edge technological change, are thrilled by it. I know more than a few "normal" Android users that switched to iphone because they said Android got too many updates. They didn't even know what the updates did, but their basic consumer assumption is that if an update is needed, it's evidence of a less than quality product at the start. The consumer sentiment was "another update? Why can't google get it rightthe first time?"

I know, i know, facepalm.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Verizon Droid Razr MAXX

No change doesnt scare any true android user. That's for apple users that are scared of change so they live behind their walled garden at the hanging fruit.

#80 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

Good morning, please keep all posts in this thread on topic. If you want to talk about customer svc reps and or iphone items lets create a new thread for that.

+1 guys all this talk should be in the off topic lounge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users