32 replies to this topic

#1 721luky

721luky

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

everytime i select power off, it boots back into ap fastboot and i have to select boot normally and it starts back up in safe mode again

Fixed! thanks for the help all! a 91 % alcohol wash helped clear out any water damage that was causing the volume key not to work and forcing to boot into safe mode

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

What does the screen say while in fastboot? Does it say "flash failure" or anything like that?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#3 721luky

721luky

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

What does the screen say while in fastboot? Does it say "flash failure" or anything like that?

no its just the regular ap fastboot screen

#4 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Any water damage at all? When did this start happening? Any changes to the phone before this started (meaning software).

#5 721luky

721luky

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Any water damage at all? When did this start happening? Any changes to the phone before this started (meaning software).

no changes to software there is a little water damage. the volume down button doesnt work

#6 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

You need another successful fastboot command to fix this.

See info in

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#7 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Unfortunately I think there may be corrosion from water damage. How long after the water exposure did this start happening?

#8 721luky

721luky

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

You need another successful fastboot command to fix this.

See info in

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

im on 4.0.4 also can you clarify a bit? that thread seems to be talking about themes?

#9 721luky

721luky

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Unfortunately I think there may be corrosion from water damage. How long after the water exposure did this start happening?

cant tell as soon as it got water on it i turned it off and let it sit in rice for a day. started as soon as i went to use it. is it safe to use in safe mode? i install apps but they dont seem to show up

#10 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

If you have a fastboot failure flashing something successfully in fastboot will remedy the issue. Flashing a simple boot logo will clear up any fastboot failures. You can also flash an empty radio.img but that is a little tougher. Not sure if it will help in this situation but it's worth a try. I'm still concerned about the water damage and possible corrosion. I have a method for corrosion but it's not always guaranteed and it sounds like a horrible idea when I explain it lol.

#11 721luky

721luky

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

If you have a fastboot failure flashing something successfully in fastboot will remedy the issue. Flashing a simple boot logo will clear up any fastboot failures. You can also flash an empty radio.img but that is a little tougher. Not sure if it will help in this situation but it's worth a try. I'm still concerned about the water damage and possible corrosion. I have a method for corrosion but it's not always guaranteed and it sounds like a horrible idea when I explain it lol.

it doesnt say flash failed on the ap fast boot screen, the phone just boots to ap fastboot would flashing a empty radio.img help with that problem to help me get out of safe mode?

#12 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

cant tell as soon as it got water on it i turned it off and let it sit in rice for a day. started as soon as i went to use it. is it safe to use in safe mode? i install apps but they dont seem to show up

Being in safe mode the phone wont let you do much. Apps won't install and such. The device will limit what you can do with it while in safe mode. Hey Memnoch73, do you remember seeing a post on here about the alcohol soak and bake?

#13 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

it doesnt say flash failed on the ap fast boot screen, the phone just boots to ap fastboot would flashing a empty radio.img help with that problem to help me get out of safe mode?

Nah I doubt that will help. Process of elimination leads me to believe that it's corrosion from water damage.

#14 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Being in safe mode the phone wont let you do much. Apps won't install and such. The device will limit what you can do with it while in safe mode. Hey Memnoch73, do you remember seeing a post on here about the alcohol soak and bake?

Hmmm... not that I recall. Must have been a while ago.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#15 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

One thing to try. Power the phone off. When you force it to boot from the fastboot screen wait for the boot animation to start and hold in both volume buttons until it boots fully.

#16 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hmmm... not that I recall. Must have been a while ago.

Probably was. Pretty sure it was Tucs who posted about it so I may hit him up.

#17 721luky

721luky

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

One thing to try. Power the phone off. When you force it to boot from the fastboot screen wait for the boot animation to start and hold in both volume buttons until it boots fully.

didnt work, im assuming due to the volume down button not working

#18 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Try wrapping it up in a towel and putting it in the fridge for a little while. Then put it back in the bag of rice and make sure the hard keys are facing down. Hoping that that cold from the fridge will extract some of the moisture and then the rice will suck it up. Keeping the hard keys down in the rice will let gravity pull out the moisture. If that doesn't work we will talk about the isopropyl alcohol soak if you want to.

#19 721luky

721luky

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Try wrapping it up in a towel and putting it in the fridge for a little while. Then put it back in the bag of rice and make sure the hard keys are facing down. Hoping that that cold from the fridge will extract some of the moisture and then the rice will suck it up. Keeping the hard keys down in the rice will let gravity pull out the moisture. If that doesn't work we will talk about the isopropyl alcohol soak if you want to.

ill try it in the rice for a bit more. what are the steps for the alcohol soak so i can try it if i have to

#20 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

ill try it in the rice for a bit more. what are the steps for the alcohol soak so i can try it if i have to

I'm looking for the write up someone did. They explained it better then I ever could. I will post back when I have good instructions for you.

• 721luky likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users