#1 AverageFail

AverageFail

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Xt912

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Flashed Jelly Wiz yesterday, currently running it.. Woke up today, Power button no longer working. My Razr is not responding to long presses or just regular presses. My phone at the moment is "ON" and it runs fine, other than the fact that I cannot make the screen turn off/on, nor power down my device. (I'm unsure if this is related,to the Rom, seems a bit unlikely that a Rom would affect hardware) but, I cannot reboot my device (to see if that would fix it). I certainly do not want to pay $159 for a repair by Verizon, and I don't have a warranty at the moment (it's voided anyway ;) ) Anyways, is there any sort of service or company that can fix my device (not for an exorbitant amount?) Or at least diagnose my problem? I kind of don't want to take apart the device myself. I tried using Button Savior, but that only turns off the screen. Is there any way with Tasker I can turn off/reboot my phone? I found nothing. Or some sort of .bat file to run on my computer connected to the phone? To sum It up, I need some way to reboot my device, other than the power button. If that is not working, I need some sort of repair service, bar Verizon, that can fix my phone...

One more thing: the button is not stuck, or seemingly loose.....

Quite a predicament I've got here. :'(.

Thanks, in advance, for any attempts to help.

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

do you have ROM Toolbox? or if not you can get from Play. in the Tools at the very bottom is a Rebooter
  • foxkat and AverageFail like this

#3 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

This app will help ya out:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Good luck. Hopefully a reboot fixes it

Ninja'd by cmh again... Lol...
  • foxkat and cmh714 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#4 AverageFail

AverageFail

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Xt912

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

THANK YOU BOTH... But especially cmh. Already had Rom Toolbox purchased, rebooted, and somehow power button starts working again. WOO HOO.... I definitely did not expect for it to work. Thanks a load!!! :D

#5 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Sure thing glad it came back to life. Very odd indeed, never had that happen to me on JellyWiz and I have been using it since RLS1.

#6 rosey

rosey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:45 AM

I'm have this same issue. I tried this app but my phone didn't have reboot access. I have reset it also this did not work. Help please!!!
  • rafarodz likes this

#7 rafarodz

rafarodz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

n00b did yoy fix the problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users