Curious as to how the Ubuntu Touch Preview looks? Why not load it on your Droid Razr and see for yourself.
1. Make a Titanium Backup and/or backup in of your current Android or just keep it in another RomSlot. This preview is fun to play with but not a replacement for something as developed as CM 10.1
2. Download the Droid Razr Mini-Android base for Ubuntu Touch and place it on your device:
[03/01] (use the newest one)
3. Download the latest Ubuntu Touch Preview Filesystem . from Ubuntu:
If the above link is broken, use this link for a full listing of the current build (download the quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip .. soon to be raring-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip):
4. Reboot into Safestrap. Create a NEW ROM in the #4 slot with the 2GB data option (important as it will not work with 1GB data partition option).
4a. Install the quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip FIRST, and then the phablet-2013xxxx.zip SECOND.
5. Reboot and Enjoy
FIRST BOOT TAKES A LONG TIME. AND THERE'S NO BOOT ANIMATION. BE PATIENT (MAYBE 3-4 MINUTES).
There's so much that is still being implemented into the Touch version of Ubuntu, that this list could get pretty long.
- Cellular data -Ubuntu WIP
- CDMA phone/SMS
- Barely any sensors other than touchscreen work. IE: no rotation, etc. Ubuntu WIP issue.
- No HD codecs (still being worked on) Ubuntu WIP issue.
- No screen timeout / auto blank -- be careful when walking away from the device. Need to press the power button to turn the screen off. Ubuntu WIP issue.
(Some of these describe how to install it on devices -- you can ignore those and follow the above)
Ubuntu Touch Wiki:
IRC Channel on freenode.net: #ubuntu-touch