• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

added a twrp flashable 4.1.1 boot.img to the op to make it easier to flash back and forth between stock based and aosp based roms.
  • neckchop and timpohladthomas like this

#22 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

added a twrp flashable 4.1.1 boot.img to the op to make it easier to flash back and forth between stock based and aosp based roms.

that would have helped me the other day lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

• neckchop and shane1 like this

#23 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

added reboot menu mod link to op, deodexed only.

• neckchop and tmyinc like this

#24 dreamjaeil

dreamjaeil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt907

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Is this adding reboot option to boot power menu?

#25 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

added a 1% battery mod to the op, deodexed only.

thanks to p3droid :)

• Aixelsyd and neckchop like this

#26 mthornto88

mthornto88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Mhous33 you are reading my mind. That was one thing I was missing. I don't know why manufacturers don't provide this as a standard option. Not everyone wants to just power off.

Question. Should I remove safe strap and reload the rom on the stock partition? Do I get any benefit by doing this? I only use one Rom.

#27 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Question. Should I remove safe strap and reload the rom on the stock partition? Do I get any benefit by doing this? I only use one Rom.

It's your call, of course, but if you want to run only one rom might as well use the stock partition. Better yet, unlock your boot loader and use twrp instead.

#28 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

has anybody flashed this through twrp? the boot.img and rom . I cant seem to get it ive wiped, mounted system, then flashed but it fails. . on the boot.img i get error flashing zip "/sdcard/Download  .  The same when i try to flash just the rom. Ive mounted before and after wipe. any suggestions are most welcome!

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#29 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

has anybody flashed this through twrp? the boot.img and rom . I cant seem to get it ive wiped, mounted system, then flashed but it fails. . on the boot.img i get error flashing zip "/sdcard/Download  .  The same when i try to flash just the rom. Ive mounted before and after wipe. any suggestions are most welcome!

I have no problems, but if all else fails, might try the fxz.
  • IanK likes this

#30 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

did i miss a step?

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#31 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

did i miss a step?

you need to flash the boot.img only if you're coming from a non-stock build, but if you did that and mounted system manually in twrp before flashing system, shouldn't have any issues.

the fxz bypasses twrp recovery completely; flashes every possible partition.

#32 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Great work bud, very nice!<br /><br />Tapped from my XT926, XT913 or SCH-i535.<br /><br />
  • mhous33 likes this

#33 IanK

IanK

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

Just as an install note here. When installing via TWRP after you do all the appropriate wipes to prepare for install the SD card isn't mounted even if it indicated it is. So: reboot recovery after wipe, mount everything, then install.  This appears to correct an error Ive seen to many times.

Ian

Ps. This is nice clean ROM devoid of a lot of the superfluous garbage and it works flawlessly Thanks to the Dev for posting it !

• mhous33, neckchop, RikRong and 1 other like this

#34 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

Just as an install note here. When installing via TWRP after you do all the appropriate wipes to prepare for install the SD card isn't mounted even if it indicated it is. So: reboot recovery after wipe, mount everything, then install.  This appears to correct an error Ive seen to many times.
Ian
Ps. This is nice clean ROM devoid of a lot of the superfluous garbage and it works flawlessly Thanks to the Dev for posting it !

Rebooted recovery after wipe, mounted system again and it flashed with no problem
  • neckchop likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#35 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

Ian

Rebooted recovery after wipe, mounted system again and it flashed with no problem

Cool glad you got it working :)

#36 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Ian

Hmmm, this might be the secret that everyone's been missing when trying to flash after wiping.  I'll try this next time.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#37 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

Removed the previous battery mod and added one i with images i made; simple stock battery with 1% reporting in roboto condensed font.

• tmyinc, jtommyj and shane1 like this

#38 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hmmm, this might be the secret that everyone's been missing when trying to flash after wiping.  I'll try this next time.

Its exact the issue most are having. I fought flash ROMS to my Dev Edition made for SS since the day i bought my Dev Edition M & HD. to get them t oflsh correctly EVERYONE needs to do all wiping first, then reboot recovery, after wipe & reboot of recovery THEN mount system followed by flashing the ROM and you should be good t ogo.

• neckchop, RikRong and shane1 like this

#39 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

updated op with new 4.1.2 build. all mods are already built in.

• timpohladthomas, shane1 and mthornto88 like this

#40 IanK

IanK

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

Oh, thanks for the update. Now the OTA stalker should leave me in peace : )

Ian

• nme1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users