99 replies to this topic

#61 moto13

moto13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Running great for me so far... Thanks a ton for this its exactly what I was wanting! Any reason why I wouldn't be able to flash the 4.2 clock that's floating around?
  • mhous33 likes this

#62 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Running great for me so far... Thanks a ton for this its exactly what I was wanting! Any reason why I wouldn't be able to flash the 4.2 clock that's floating around?

only reason i can think of is that it's not as awesome as the custom one i included :p

• moto13 likes this

#63 moto13

moto13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

only reason i can think of is that it's not as awesome as the custom one i included :p

LOL sorry about that...  ;-)   the only reason I like the 4.2.x clock is because of the alarm clock swiping..  so much better than trying to find the "dismiss" on 4.1.x.

#64 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

LOL sorry about that...  ;-)   the only reason I like the 4.2.x clock is because of the alarm clock swiping..  so much better than trying to find the "dismiss" on 4.1.x.

lol it's all about making it exactly the way you want it :)

the reason i chose the aokp 4.1.2 clock as a base is it is the only pre-4.2 clock that has a digital clock widget that i could customize to match the lockscreen clock. the 4.2 style analog widget was an afterthought.

not a fan of the 4.2 bold hour font, guess that would be easy enough to change actually...

#65 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Think we can dirty flash over the original version with this new one?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#66 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

i never do that and don't recommend it, but there's only one way to find out isn't there.

#67 pdgillmore

pdgillmore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:budy08
  • LocationArkansas
  • Current Device(s):DROID MAXX

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

how do we flash the new one no xml for rsd. not the system version the top link.

so we flash in twrp?

#68 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

i never do that and don't recommend it, but there's only one way to find out isn't there.

Yea I agree lol. I guess I'll back up like I'm doing a total restore and if I get a ton of errors just do a total :-P

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#69 moto13

moto13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

lol it's all about making it exactly the way you want it :)
the reason i chose the aokp 4.1.2 clock as a base is it is the only pre-4.2 clock that has a digital clock widget that i could customize to match the lockscreen clock. the 4.2 style analog widget was an afterthought.
not a fan of the 4.2 bold hour font, guess that would be easy enough to change actually...

No worries, you're the dev and we just appreciate your work!

#70 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

might want to try this - but curious to see if the developer can add the install instructions to the OP?  I presume that this can be flashed via TWRP with unlocked bootloader as well as SS?

thanks!

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#71 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

might want to try this - but curious to see if the developer can add the install instructions to the OP?  I presume that this can be flashed via TWRP with unlocked bootloader as well as SS?

thanks!

if there were any special instructions for flashing this, i would have specified in the op. you flash this just like any other custom rom. if you don't know how to do that, then you should do some research first. i am >< this close to pulling everything from this site due to retarded stuff like this.

#72 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

if there were any special instructions for flashing this, i would have specified in the op. you flash this just like any other custom rom. if you don't know how to do that, then you should do some research first. i am >< this close to pulling everything from this site due to retarded stuff like this.

Man I appreciate your work, but you need to realize that the unlocked bootloader exploit is going to pull a lot of people into this site, a lot of people that have no experience with modding.  Yes, these people need to read and get "learned" before they attempt anything.  If they don't do their research, then it's their fault if they have an issue with their phone.  Keep your stuff coming, I've used it, but if the newbs want to continue bricking their phones because they don't do their research, let 'em.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#73 mthornto88

mthornto88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

thanks!

Yes you flash it via TWRP just like any other ROM.

• jco23 likes this

#74 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

well forget this ROM then.  looked like you were good guy with great follow up, as I was merely trying to be helpful after reading through all of the posts in this thread with other folks mentioning their experiences.

in every ROM that I have ever flashed, I have always done my research, read through all of the threads - but also, every posted ROM that I have seen has install instructions (granted, the developer is not required to post them - but it is helpful just to reduce confusion/questions).

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#75 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

well forget this ROM then.  looked like you were good guy with great follow up, as I was merely trying to be helpful after reading through all of the posts in this thread with other folks mentioning their experiences.

in every ROM that I have ever flashed, I have always done my research, read through all of the threads - but also, every posted ROM that I have seen has install instructions (granted, the developer is not required to post them - but it is helpful just to reduce confusion/questions).

you want instructions?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

lookie there, pinned at the very top of the general section, where one would expect to find them. smh

#76 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

He is a good guy I've known him personally for almost 10yrs now. I agree the last comment may be a bit over the top but i also understand exactly where he is coming from as well. Ppl in the Moto world IMO need to start learning to read & stop thinking they will have there hand held for every last thing under the sun. You want to mess with your device then spend the time and get yourself involved to learn how things work. At the end of the day its very simple, we are unlocked now so what does that mean our device functions and can be worked on just like a Nexus, IE simple as pie. However on the other side of things I do believe it is the dev job to post some type of install instructions. but really because we can unlock install works the same across the board unless OTHERWISE stated. Really doesn't matter if it is SS or TWRP on an unlocked device as you still flash a ROM the same way

To further add ppl need to realize SS roms are done any bye bye i'd say. Devs will NOT make any ROMs for use with SS moving forward if they are smart. One it makes no sense too, and 2nd Hashcode is no longer servicing or updating SS for the M or HD seeing as we can unlock them.   

• mhous33, RikRong and moto13 like this

#77 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

[rant]

i'll admit that came off a little harsh; what really set me off was a guy in the razr hd thread last night who wasted a half hour of my time diagnosing his problem when it was just him not knowing to mount system in recovery before flashing.

however, i stand by my assertion that you need to do your research if you want to mess with your phone. the information is everywhere. how do i know? because i've done my research.

not to mention we have the fxz restore files and the team black hat adapter plug as fail safes. virtually the only way you'll permanently brick your device is to flash an incompatible bootloader to it. so don't be afraid to experiment.

[/rant]

• Aixelsyd, CamoCustom and moto13 like this

#78 moto13

moto13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

mhous, I'd sure hate to see you stop your work...  but understand if you did.  C'mon people, do your research and if you have to ask questions do it in the appropriate manner, in the appropriate place.  If you're not sure how to flash a rom, you shouldn't be in this thread yet.

• Aixelsyd and mhous33 like this

#79 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

oh i won't stop doing what i do, i'll just do it elsewhere if need be. i made dst for myself and wasn't even planning to share as i didn't think there would be any demand for it. thanks @memnoch73 for convincing me to post it anyway.

• moto13 likes this

#80 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

flashing DST as we rant :)

• mhous33 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users