Installing custom ROM to STOCK Using SS 3.12

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

I dont know where to post it... I think should be here but also in roms but could be in general :ph34r:

I am not responsible for any damages to your phone, please follow steps in order do not skip, and know that if you want to go back to original you will have to fastboot... If you dont understand a step.. ask

• Create a ROMSlot1
  • Flash the custom ROM to ROMSlot1
  • Bootup the ROM
  • Configure your ROM to your liking (this is if you have other flashable mods like DST or a different SuperUser)
  • Reboot into Recovery
  • Make a Backup of your ROM (save it to external storage)
  • Switch to Stock partion (you know you in stock when "install" and System" turn to red font)
  • wipe Phone (cache, Dalvik, Factory Reset, System, and finally Internal storage)
  • restore back up (if done right the only file available will be the back up you just made)
  • Confirm restore
  • DONE!!! enjoy your custom rom in stock partition
If It works pass it on and like the post. thank you :excl:

Posted Image
  • mhous33, neckchop, tmyinc and 1 other like this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#2 betasu

betasu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

I will try this method later. Already instlled SS 3.12, but the resolution is too much for my M. So, the menu button is not visible.

When i booted into AP FASTBOOT mode and selected BP tools, I can see the SS, but with ver 3.11. So I removed the SS completely and would try another apk.

#3 slogar25

slogar25

• Superuser
  • 43 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

I dont know where to post it... I think should be here but also in roms but could be in general :ph34r:

I am not responsible for any damages to your phone, please follow steps in order do not skip, and know that if you want to go back to original you will have to fastboot... If you dont understand a step.. ask

• Create a ROMSlot1
  • Flash the custom ROM to ROMSlot1
  • Bootup the ROM
  • Configure your ROM to your liking (this is if you have other flashable mods like DST or a different SuperUser)
  • Reboot into Recovery
  • Make a Backup of your ROM (save it to external storage)
  • Switch to Stock partion (you know you in stock when "install" and System" turn to red font)
  • wipe Phone (cache, Dalvik, Factory Reset, System, and finally Internal storage)
  • restore back up (if done right the only file available will be the back up you just made)
  • Confirm restore
  • DONE!!! enjoy your custom rom in stock partition
If It works pass it on and like the post. thank you :excl:

Posted Image

Did you get this working with cm10? I tried this exact method with cm10 and ended up fast booting back to stock. I kept getting a safestrap boot loop where my phone would boot to safestrap splash screen and cycle back. Safestrap would keep telling me that it could not find path to twrp backup.

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent Blue

Motorola Droid Razr M

#4 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Did you get this working with cm10? I tried this exact method with cm10 and ended up fast booting back to stock. I kept getting a safestrap boot loop where my phone would boot to safestrap splash screen and cycle back. Safestrap would keep telling me that it could not find path to twrp backup.

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent Blue

i think i had it working back when i was doing the CM10 inverted but not sure... i run a Stock ROM cuz i use the NFC and Wi-Fi a lot... but i guess i should just try and see... ill update with results.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#5 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

still having trouble with this. SS will not let me create a ROM slot, as I am out of space (just 1GB on internal storage). can I install a ROM on top of the stock ROM slot? I presume I would have to press install while install is in red? any chance someone could create a youtube video of this - would be most appreciated.

perhaps another question would be, do i have to create a rom slot when flashing a ROM, or can I just flash this over "Stock ROM" slot?

thanks!

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#6 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

still having trouble with this. SS will not let me create a ROM slot, as I am out of space (just 1GB on internal storage). can I install a ROM on top of the stock ROM slot? I presume I would have to press install while install is in red? any chance someone could create a youtube video of this - would be most appreciated.

perhaps another question would be, do i have to create a rom slot when flashing a ROM, or can I just flash this over "Stock ROM" slot?

thanks!

As of right now.. you CANT flash directly to Stock.... if you are out of space im assuming you got lots of games... you would have to make a back up of them i think either titanium back up or something else that would let you back up data as well... than do a factory reset... so you will have the required space..

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#7 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

As of right now.. you CANT flash directly to Stock.... if you are out of space im assuming you got lots of games... you would have to make a back up of them i think either titanium back up or something else that would let you back up data as well... than do a factory reset... so you will have the required space..

I can do that factory reset within SS, right?

then my steps would be:
boot into recovery
mount system
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
wipe data/factory reset
wipe system
then create ROM Slot 1
install ROM onto ROM slot 1

I have already backup my current stock ROM to my external drive

thanks again for your help!

#8 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I can do that factory reset within SS, right?

then my steps would be:
boot into recovery
mount system
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
wipe data/factory reset
wipe system
then create ROM Slot 1
install ROM onto ROM slot 1

I have already backup my current stock ROM to my external drive

thanks again for your help!

no you need a factory reset... you will need to go into stock recovery and doing it form there... the way you get there is... power off and power back on while holding vol+/- and than use vol- to navigate and vol+ to select... once you see the dead droid with the :excl: hold vol- and tap vol+ untill you get the options.. wipe from there... now this is risky so please do it at own risk... if need more info read read read... google is your friend...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#9 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

no you need a factory reset... you will need to go into stock recovery and doing it form there... the way you get there is... power off and power back on while holding vol+/- and than use vol- to navigate and vol+ to select... once you see the dead droid with the :excl: hold vol- and tap vol+ untill you get the options.. wipe from there... now this is risky so please do it at own risk... if need more info read read read... google is your friend...

thanks again for the feedback. seems like an alternative would be for me to uninstall SS, do a factory rest (wondering if I need to unroot first though). then, re-obtain root, install SS, then create my ROM slot...

perhaps my only option is to stick with stock, remove a ton of my apps, or wait until SS is able to flash over stock...

#10 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

so to go back to stock rom i have to use fastboot couldnt i just back up my stock rom and restore it if i wanted stock back? and if i wiped internal storage will my backed up rom restore that stuff?

#11 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

so to go back to stock rom i have to use fastboot couldnt i just back up my stock rom and restore it if i wanted stock back? and if i wiped internal storage will my backed up rom restore that stuff?

your backups are usually by default be saved in external sd card.. so it will be safe... now if you have pictures or anything game data or whatever... if you dont back it up.. you will lose it... you can back up your stock of course you can... but when you load it will have to be this same way... now if you have a rom you like and want try it and be safe.. just do the romslot first and see... but yes if you do this method to flash on stock partition all your data will be lost.. and you will need fastboot or use the utility 1.10 by matt...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#12 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Alright I was just wondering I flashed flying jelly on stock yesterday and it works great and I've already had to use matts utility once before haha

#13 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Alright I was just wondering I flashed flying jelly on stock yesterday and it works great and I've already had to use matts utility once before haha

Well now you know something.... now you know something you did wrong and you learned form it... always keep a back up of your phone... i usually back it up once every few days or after app updates... worked hard to get it to where it is.. dont really want to start over...
  • neckchop likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#14 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

Well now you know something.... now you know something you did wrong and you learned form it... always keep a back up of your phone... i usually back it up once every few days or after app updates... worked hard to get it to where it is.. dont really want to start over...

yea I tried to do a clean flash on stock and didn't realize it didn't work then I rebooted into a black screen lol

#15 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

that worked, thanks! using the Energy ROM....

my only concern was that I had to wipe internal storage. unfortunately, this is the sdcard, and this is where TiBu saves the backup data (as well as photos, videos, music, etc). next time, I would advise folks to move their backup files to the mnt/external1 folder.

#16 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

that worked, thanks! using the Energy ROM....

my only concern was that I had to wipe internal storage. unfortunately, this is the sdcard, and this is where TiBu saves the backup data (as well as photos, videos, music, etc). next time, I would advise folks to move their backup files to the mnt/external1 folder.

or put it all in a cloud... i like dropbox but the choices are many

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#17 charklos

charklos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBeaumont, CA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Worked like a charm, thanks!!

#18 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

Good post; I learned not to flash directly to stock the hard way lol.

• RikRong and brandon71 like this

#19 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

Good post; I learned not to flash directly to stock the hard way lol.

Same here the first time I done it lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  • shane1 likes this

#20 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Of course the only one I've gotten to work with this method is Eclipse which doesn't play well with TOR... Really wanted CM10 inverted  :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users