RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

HI everyone.. im new here so be nice :p

but im not new to rooting and flashing roms. 

my camera doesnt work.. both of them.. when i open them they FC 

any updates or info on that.. 

Did you update to 4.1.2?  If you try to run a 4.1.1 ROM, you'll have issues because the kernel is different.  If your bootloader is not unlocked and you are running this with SafeStrap on top of the 4.1.2 OTA, things won't work correctly.  You'll need to run a 4.1.2 based ROM, or unlock your bootloader.

• neckchop likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#82 TolyM

TolyM

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M (XT907)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

HI everyone.. im new here so be nice :p
but im not new to rooting and flashing roms. 

my camera doesnt work.. both of them.. when i open them they FC 
any updates or info on that.. 

Did you update to 4.1.2?  If you try to run a 4.1.1 ROM, you'll have issues because the kernel is different.  If your bootloader is not unlocked and you are running this with SafeStrap on top of the 4.1.2 OTA, things won't work correctly.  You'll need to run a 4.1.2 based ROM, or unlock your bootloader.

I'm on 4.1.2 stock right now.
I am on unlocked bootloader and TWRP 2.3.2.3 recovery.
Before I flashed I mounted system, wiped twice, rebooted recovery, mount system again and flashed the ROM.
I didn't wipe system though . Do I have to wipe system?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#83 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

The 4.1.1 camera is not compatible with the 4.1.2 kernel so if you go back to 4.1.1 everything should work

And yes you do have to wipe system before flashing too

Here follow the 3rd post on this thread to flash a 4.1.1 boot.img

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• neckchop and RikRong like this

#84 arc1880

arc1880

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

I'm on JB 4.1.2 unlocked bootloader with TWRP. Everytime I try to install this ROM, I get the following: "E:Error in /external_sd/OM/EnergyROM..... (Status 0)". For the people who have gotten it to work with TWRP, did you guys have to do anything special? I've been able to load CM10 ROM successfully. Thanks for the assistance.

#85 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

I'm on JB 4.1.2 unlocked bootloader with TWRP. Everytime I try to install this ROM, I get the following: "E:Error in /external_sd/OM/EnergyROM..... (Status 0)". For the people who have gotten it to work with TWRP, did you guys have to do anything special? I've been able to load CM10 ROM successfully. Thanks for the assistance.

You'll probably need to use the method that Tim posted a few posts up to replace the updater script.  I've never been able to get this to flash.  I haven't replaced the script, though.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#86 arc1880

arc1880

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

You'll probably need to use the method that Tim posted a few posts up to replace the updater script.  I've never been able to get this to flash.  I haven't replaced the script, though.

brandon71 said he was able to do it without doing that method. Hmmm curious, brandon71 could you chime in on how you did it without updating the script?

This ROM only works with the 4.1.1 kernel correct? If I have updated to the latest OTA (4.1.2) then this would not work?

#87 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

You'll probably need to use the method that Tim posted a few posts up to replace the updater script. I've never been able to get this to flash. I haven't replaced the script, though.

brandon71 said he was able to do it without doing that method. Hmmm curious, brandon71 could you chime in on how you did it without updating the script?

This ROM only works with the 4.1.1 kernel correct? If I have updated to the latest OTA (4.1.2) then this would not work?

Idk it just flashed for me with no problems but you can use this after you took the ota just your camera won't work because the new kernel don't like the old camera

Also Idk if you know this or not but when you come off of cm10 you need to flash a stock boot.img before flashing a stock based ROM

• arc1880 likes this

#88 arc1880

arc1880

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Idk it just flashed for me with no problems but you can use this after you took the ota just your camera won't work because the new kernel don't like the old camera

Also Idk if you know this or not but when you come off of cm10 you need to flash a stock boot.img before flashing a stock based ROM

I did not know that about CM10. That is probably the problem. Thanks for the info. I'll most likely wait for NRG to come out with the latest update to the OTA.

• brandon71 likes this

#89 savor13

savor13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

is it possible to install this rom directly onto system rom and not rom slot-1?

#90 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

is it possible to install this rom directly onto system rom and not rom slot-1?

yes, see this thread here first though:

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#91 savor13

savor13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:11 AM

thanks!!! i will make it happen.

also, not sure if i didn't look far back enough in the posts--I apologize if i didn't--but my camera doesn't work stock and 4.2 camera. Dont get me wrong, this ROM is AMAZING! exceptional work. Once i get the camera working this is going to be my daily driver. Motorola needs to take a lesson from the Energy team. Thanks in advance for the assistance. 

If i can flash to the stock 4.1.2 camera that would be preferred. i have tried doing a restore with Titanium backup, however TB hung and didn't restore. 

my M is at 4.1.2 unlocked and rooted using MOTOCHOPPER. I have TWRP v2.4.0.0 (flashable if needed) as well as SS 3.12. 

#92 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

thanks!!! i will make it happen.

also, not sure if i didn't look far back enough in the posts--I apologize if i didn't--but my camera doesn't work stock and 4.2 camera. Dont get me wrong, this ROM is AMAZING! exceptional work. Once i get the camera working this is going to be my daily driver. Motorola needs to take a lesson from the Energy team. Thanks in advance for the assistance. 

If i can flash to the stock 4.1.2 camera that would be preferred. i have tried doing a restore with Titanium backup, however TB hung and didn't restore. 

my M is at 4.1.2 unlocked and rooted using MOTOCHOPPER. I have TWRP v2.4.0.0 (flashable if needed) as well as SS 3.12. 

I've read on other threads that 4.1.2 camera will not work on a 4.1.1 ROM (different kernel).  you'll have to completely flash a 4.1.1 ROM first to get the kernel (not sure if there is a 4.1.1 kernel floating around somewhere), then install 4.1.1 Energy ROM.  unfortunately, I have not heard of a 4.1.2 Energy ROM in the works though.

• neckchop likes this

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#93 savor13

savor13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

make sense now, i understood that the energy rom was 4.1.2. OK, i will flash to 4.1.1. Thanks for clearing that up for me. 

#94 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Just flash a boot from your stock 4.1.1 rom if you backed it up

#95 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

This should about do it...   :ph34r:

• brandon71 likes this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#96 Sorc

Sorc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

Experiencing the same problem with the camera after flashing the ENERGY ROM on 4.1.2. - camera FC with message "Cant connect to the camera" or "Camera is unable to initialize" or "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped".

Flashing of the archive from previous post doesn`t help. Or I should flash it with an unlocked bootloader?

#97 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Experiencing the same problem with the camera after flashing the ENERGY ROM on 4.1.2. - camera FC with message "Cant connect to the camera" or "Camera is unable to initialize" or "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped".

Flashing of the archive from previous post doesn`t help. Or I should flash it with an unlocked bootloader?

To flash boot.IMG files, you must be on an unlocked boot loader. Otherwise you're stuck on 4.1.2, and the cameras aren't compatible

Sent from my xt907 using Tapatalk 2
  • Sorc likes this

#98 Sorc

Sorc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Yep, unlocked bootloader, flashed boot.img from

- and everything is working now! 

• neckchop likes this

#99 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Yep, unlocked bootloader, flashed boot.img from here - and everything is working now! 

Awesome!

Sent from my xt907 using Tapatalk 2

#100 eroupe117

eroupe117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

Hello I am new to flashing ROMs, I have flashed dead rage last night but went back to stock because the screen wouldn't rotate, So I tried flashing this one, I wiped - cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, and wiped system, it always fails to flash, should I not wipe system for this because it is a theme? Should I just wipe cache, dalvik cache, and factory reset, and not do a system wipe? I am running on 4.1.1, its not an emergency or anything I just Dont want to boink up phone because I'm going on vacation in 3 days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users