Photo

ROM Compatibility Flasher Tool! Switch between Jellybean Kernels with ease.

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#81 guybrush

guybrush

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

worked awesome from linux .. ubuntu's latest version has a android adb package in the repos too, dunno had that. thanks

#82 DemazeesosInfel

DemazeesosInfel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBetween this place and that

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

hmm, does this mean possible custom kernal support in the future for RAZR? or does the bootloader still have to be completely unlocked for that to happen?

#83 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

hmm, does this mean possible custom kernal support in the future for RAZR? or does the bootloader still have to be completely unlocked for that to happen?

We've had custom kexec kernels for a while now lol

#84 DemazeesosInfel

DemazeesosInfel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBetween this place and that

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

We've had custom kexec kernels for a while now lol

i thought those were buggy though? or was it just buggy because of Webtop?

#85 atsu333

atsu333

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

I'm currently running the stock JB OTA w/root. I've got it all decked out the way I like it, because I couldn't get a rom set up before I left for work today, If I use this utility does it wipe what I've done? If I do a safe backup would that restore right after changing back?

Or I guess a better question may be... are you getting Batakang updated to .16 anytime soon?

#86 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

I'm currently running the stock JB OTA w/root. I've got it all decked out the way I like it, because I couldn't get a rom set up before I left for work today, If I use this utility does it wipe what I've done? If I do a safe backup would that restore right after changing back?

Or I guess a better question may be... are you getting Batakang updated to .16 anytime soon?

Matt or someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Batakang ROM is already made off of the .16 update and kernel.

#87 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Matt or someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Batakang ROM is already made off of the .16 update and kernel.

Wrong BDH.....Batakang is based on .8

As for what the utility does....it just replaces the .16 kernel for the .8 kernel and back again. Leave stock .16 in the stock slot alone. Install a .8 rom into a slot, and flash the .8 kernel with the utility and then boot into the slot with the .8 kernel.
  • dunderhead likes this

#88 hdkilner

hdkilner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

I think I trashed stock Rom possibly, found I need to be on the slot I want to install new Rom onto THEN run utility, Now I get security error.

#89 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

I think I trashed stock Rom possibly, found I need to be on the slot I want to install new Rom onto THEN run utility, Now I get security error.

Just do the same thing and put the other kernel back on again
  • hdkilner likes this

#90 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

i thought those were buggy though? or was it just buggy because of Webtop?

I've been running AOKP for days and it doesn't seem buggy to me. I don't use webtop either

#91 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Keeps trying to push the .16 OTA on the stock .8 ROM installed on ROM slot-1. Anyway to turn that off. Already did the OTA on the safe side used Matt's utility to go back to .8 kernel.

Try using a root capable file explorer and go to system/etc/security and rename the file otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.bak (or whatever you choose to). Works for me. :)

#92 hdkilner

hdkilner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Just do the same thing and put the other kernel back on again

thanks Ill try that, should I do it via ADB or ap fastboot

#93 sslogic

sslogic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

I have been doing this without the tool. And without a computer, just use the boot menu manager, and after you creat your slot to install you're rom, just go onto firmware, and flash the appropriate kernel then install you're room and that's it. And you can always go back to your slot 1, and not worry about what kernel I'm not sure why but NY guess is it only checks kernel version on setup or each slot keeps its own version of the kernel, i also set the slot to 2nd init haven't tried it with a kexec kernel but I'd imagine you set that if three room calls for it, i never posted this because i thought it was just repetition, i enclosed the xmas ROM kernel if you need it. Oh an just so you know your device your fault, don't blame me.

And matt, great set of utilities, and a to in your batch you call c:\windows\ something my windows dive is d:\ so it doesn't work for me i change that line to read %systemroot%\ and it fixed the windiest dir issue

And thanks for savings my a$$ many times and whirlyeyes for boot menu manager.

#94 talha4prez

talha4prez

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT912

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Alright, after doing a bit of reading I'm sure I am in the right place. I have recently run the compatibility file on my razr and it worked like a charm. The roms I couldn't flash are now very attracted to my device. However, I ran the file in my stock slot (I know, I'm learning) and I am now getting the wonderful SECURITY TEST FAILURE notice. I was wondering if one of you would be so kind to instruct me on how to undue myself here.

#95 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

hey guys, so i tried running this utility on my mac using the instructions posted in the OP and for whatever reason after i make my choice terminal just sits there. doesnt do anything. i ran this on my windows VM and it worked perfectly. anyone have any ideas why the utility wont work on the mac side? kinda baffled :/ thanks for any help.

#96 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

hey guys, so i tried running this utility on my mac using the instructions posted in the OP and for whatever reason after i make my choice terminal just sits there. doesnt do anything. i ran this on my windows VM and it worked perfectly. anyone have any ideas why the utility wont work on the mac side? kinda baffled :/ thanks for any help.

Yes, user error. :)

#97 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Yes, user error. :)

Care to explain how? I run all the commands as stated in op.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#98 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Care to explain how? I run all the commands as stated in op.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Cant explain youre error, as I didnt see it myself. But trust me, you most likely didnt follow the instructions correctly. I have a Mac and it works fine. I also have VM Fusion on it, and more often than not, I tend to use my Win7 vm for the phone utilities since they tend to jave less trouble.

I ran the Mac version on 3 phones with no issues. Yes, others seems to have some, including older OSX cant run the utilities.

#99 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Cant explain youre error, as I didnt see it myself. But trust me, you most likely didnt follow the instructions correctly. I have a Mac and it works fine. I also have VM Fusion on it, and more often than not, I tend to use my Win7 vm for the phone utilities since they tend to jave less trouble.

I ran the Mac version on 3 phones with no issues. Yes, others seems to have some, including older OSX cant run the utilities.

undertandable, however the instructions in the OP arent that hard as it shows what commands to use, which i did. it never asks for my password tho. i just dont see how hard it is to do it. i dont mind using my VM for this however id like to get used to working in terminal and using commands. just for learning purposes.

#100 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

undertandable, however the instructions in the OP arent that hard as it shows what commands to use, which i did. it never asks for my password tho. i just dont see how hard it is to do it. i dont mind using my VM for this however id like to get used to working in terminal and using commands. just for learning purposes.

My guess would be that you werent in the correct folder/directory when you ran the script. Others didnt change it to executable. I run everything from a Terminal window as I am old and oldschool. :)

Some ppl also said they had to increase the pauses from 40 seconds to 80....

There werent really enough details in your post to decipher the reall issue. We can talk about it in the chatroom if you like, but its busy today with the Unlocked Bootloaders....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users