Photo

I can't flash a ROM to safe my life. Hold my hand.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 maverick31210

maverick31210

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

So, little bit of background. I have an OG Razr. I come from an OG Droid and a T-Bolt both which I rooted and flashed roms on regularly without issues. I've had the Razr since it came out and only decided to root it yesterday after getting the JB update and losing my wifi tethering. I rooted using the windows app that essentially does it all for you, the new one that recently came out then installed safestrap 3.11 as I was instructed to.

The issue comes when I try to flash a rom. I go into safestrap and select a slot. I install my rom and go to boot the thing and it just loops over and over back into safestrap and the "M" logo. No rom takes and I can't figure out why...like at all. Even if I try to flash over the stock rom slot it just boots back into the stock JB. That is the only slot that does not boot loop. I'm kind of lost at this point and don't really have a clue as to what to do next. I'd love it if someone cold tell me what the next step is or let me know of a way to wifi tether as I was before with FoxFi. At this point I'm contemplating downgrading to ICS just to have my tethering back but I really like the features of JB and would like to keep it. If someone can save me on this, I'd very much appreciate it since even if I wanted to downgrade, I'd still have to flash an ICS rom which I can't seem to flash anything. Also, assuming I get this worked out if you can suggest a rom for me that'd be cool too.

Thanks fellas!

I've posted over at droidforums but no luck...
  • dylan101 likes this

#2 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Make sure the Rom you're trying to install ids for the .16 or official OTA. If it's for .8 it will bootloop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#3 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Try flying jelly 2.0 or rage rom 1.2

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#4 maverick31210

maverick31210

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Make sure the Rom you're trying to install ids for the .16 or official OTA. If it's for .8 it will bootloop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Can you please elaborate.....I am currently on the OTA JB update 4.1.2 The ROM I picked was jellyhaters I think. Can you suggest a rom that will work or kind of help me understand why it isn't working?

#5 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Try flying jelly from team lightspeed, or if you want s blacked out Rom try black widow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#6 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Can you please elaborate.....I am currently on the OTA JB update 4.1.2 The ROM I picked was jellyhaters I think. Can you suggest a rom that will work or kind of help me understand why it isn't working?

Look at post #3 above, those 2 ROMs are for your update that you are currently on (.16). ROMs that say "leak" are .8 which won't work for you. Hope this helps.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx

#7 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Updated: Flying Jelly, Cyclone, Aviator, Rage and CM10.1 not sure if any others have been updated yet....

#8 maverick31210

maverick31210

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Very cool guys, thanks for the help! I will give it a shot when I get home.

On CM10.1....I can't seem to find the one for the Razr, am I missing something here? I feel like such a tool after being out of the game for almost a year of not messing with this phone I come back and there's all this new stuff I never caught on to.

Does anyone happen to know of a way to wifi tether on stock JB by chance?

#9 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Very cool guys, thanks for the help! I will give it a shot when I get home.

On CM10.1....I can't seem to find the one for the Razr, am I missing something here? I feel like such a tool after being out of the game for almost a year of not messing with this phone I come back and there's all this new stuff I never caught on to.

Does anyone happen to know of a way to wifi tether on stock JB by chance?

Make sure you are getting the ROMs from the right page:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also, some ROM's, such as Aviator, have the wifi entitlement hack built into them. If they do not then you can always do it yourself. I don't have a link handy but google "droid razr wifi entitlement hack". Basically you will use SQL lite to change a value in settings.db.

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#10 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Here is the link to the official cm10.1 site. Use only the latest nightly because it uses the kexec kernel which will work with any official kernel. It works via ROM slot 1 only. Download the gapps at goo.im.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on JB 4.2.2 kexec

#11 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

And here is some instructions for the wifi hack:

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#12 maverick31210

maverick31210

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Most dope!

You guys are the coolest....everything is working great. I am tethering as we speak. I went with the CM10.x but it's a little buggy and slow. Will probably switch over to Aviator.

#13 beanbovdroid

beanbovdroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

I am having the same issues as Maverick. I have booted into Safestrap and flash a new rom have tried JellyHater. TripleCore, Aviator they just go into a boot loop. I m aware the first two are 8 kernels and the second one is a 16 kernel But neither of them are working im a NOOB to the extreme this is my first root. I have RAZR XT912 did the smart action root for the jelly bean update. can some one help me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users