roadrash1992

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Well, I figured I'd make my first major contribution a write up I did of the rooting method for the Samsung Gtab 2 7.0.

Hey Everyone! So I just got around to rooting my Samsung GTab 2 7.0 and since I haven't seen many super simple tutorials, I figured I'd do a nice clean re-write up of the one I used. I take no credit for coming up with this tutorial, I'm simply putting it in a place I hope it will be useful!

This method works on both 4.0.4 ICS and 4.1.1 JB.

PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND ENTIRE POST BEFORE ATTEMPTING PROCEDURE

NOTE: Neither me nor the people who originally came up with this method are responsible for screwing your device up (I did when I first did it) and the responsibility lies on you, the adventurous user.

NOTE 2: If you plan to flash a ROM, it's recommended you have at LEAST 80% Charge on your battery.

NOTE 3: Before doing this, make sure you have plug the Tablet in and let the driver successfully install.

NOTE 4: Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your tablet. It can be found Here: Settings->Developer Options->Enable USB Debugging

First, download the following:2. Copy cwm-root-gtab2.zip AND Fix-Recovery.zip to your EXTERNAL SD Card.

3. Turn off Device

4. Boot into Download Mode (Power+Volume Down) and Press Volume Up to continue

5. Start Odin

6. Choose "GT-P31XX_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar" under PDA

7. Connect your Tablet

8. Untick "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" and Press Start

9. When Odin shows PASS, remove USB cable and hold Volume Up + Power. When Samsung Galaxy Tab screen appears release the Power button but keep pressing Volume up until you see the CWM Recovery Screen.

10. In CWM Recovery, instal BOTH Fix-Recovery and cwm-root.

11. After installation on both of those is complete, reboot your tablet. You should be rooted now!

If you're running ICS (4.0.4), congratulations, you should be done! However, if you run JB (4.1.1), do these steps additionally:

1. Boot into Download Mode (Power+Volume Down) and Press Volume Up to continue

2. Start Odin

3. Choose "P31XX_CWM_RECOVERY-6.0.1.1_SUPERSU-0.96_BUSYBOX-1.20.2.tar.md5" under PDA (files #7, 8, or 9, as per your device)

5. Connect your Tablet

6. Untick "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" and Press Start

7. When Odin shows PASS, remove USB cable

8. Perform Hard Boot (hold down Power Button)

Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your tablet! All credit goes to those guys at the XDA Forums who came up with this procedure.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here or PM me.
  • RikRong, cappybob and ceng like this

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Nice to see this write up on here. These devices are cheap and very capable. I would expect more of them to start popping up. I've had mine since December and I love it.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 cappybob

cappybob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Worked, many Thanks.

#4 droidvert

droidvert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):razor m(non-dev) rooted / Tab2 7.0

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

just wanted to say ... really appreciate this site.

All rock.

#5 bigbung

bigbung

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

Thanks for the instructions, my tab is 4.1.1 and I got a pass from the 1st part(for ICS) but the second part(JB) did not work, I keep getting fail with several tries even though I have followed all the steps above. Any ideas?

#6 rogcooley433

rogcooley433

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

try removing the .md5 at end of file so its a tar file it worked for me i had the same problem

#7 Kaosreigns

Kaosreigns

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

I rooted mine specifically so that I could move my apps to my SD card because of space issues but it still wont let me. Is there anyway or an app that will allow me to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users