Thank you Rinkle McBally for the awesome banner!
Hi erryone, my name is shobon and I "make" roms.
Today I have a treat for you guys... The first JB RAZR rom with a fully working launcher/circle widgets from the RAZR M.
To my knowledge, all other roms which use the RAZR M/i/HD launcher are using the ICS version, which has an ugly search bar with two Google logos. After digging through the apk for a while, I decided I'd try to port the launcher from JB, which was relatively easy. Since I can't be the only one who hated the old ICS launcher, I decided to share it (as a rom) for everyone!
Do a full wipe before flashing! That means data, cache, and dalvik cache. All gone. Feel free to wipe system too, but the installer should do that for you. If you're upgrading from an older version of Breakneck Blur, you don't have to wipe anything.
Also blah blah blah if you brick your phone it's not my fault blah blah. Chances are, if you know how to flash a ROM you're smart enough to do it yourself.
I tend to post progress of my work as I'm working on it on Twitter, so if you want to know the latest and greatest, you should totally follow me (and if you're not annoying I'll follow back).
Also, do not download any roms from my goo.im folder without me posting about it first. I tend to post about new releases as soon as I'm done uploading, so if you happen to be browsing through my goo.im and you see a release I haven't oficially released, then chances are you're downloading a copy that hasn't finished uploading. Because of that, if you try to flash it either a) it will fail and you wasted your bandwidth, or it will soft-brick your phone. So be patient, I know what it's like being a crackflasher
If you're having Play Store issues, go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store, then clear cache, wipe data, and force close.
If you're still having issues, learn how to do a logcat, and send me a logcat of while you're trying to download an app
Breakneck Blur r7 - (md5: 81ec48c076229726b1617328489e2e6a)
Breakneck Blur r6 - (md5: 03a39c041ef774cbf8f106bf2efb4980)
Breakneck Blur r5 - (md5: d0fc8ecd7b424c78eed0006a4dc64799)
Breakneck Blur r4 - (md5: ea4b4aa805cf4f97ef8d2335acd04ca4)
Breakneck Blur r3 - (md5: 5bf25dff29efd7083e3962de676684c7)
Breakneck Blur r2 - (md5: 0a91dfdcbad4da686dd8964f49789cd0)
Breakneck Blur r1 - (md5: ba1e7112d27c7cb50f3df64101555c98)
Breakneck Blur r0 - (md5: 095c708d4c6721ff1d749f3916c33b07)
- Cleaned up the rom a little bit (debloating, etc)
- Updated Superuser
- Fixed SmartActions for locations
- Enabled entitlement hack for wifi tethering
- Now optimises sqlite databases on boot
- Launcher is now ported from the RAZR i and has no lag!
- Removed labels from dock on launcher (looks cleaner this way)
- Removed reboot option from power menu (was causing issues on clean installs, will look into it later)
- Slightly redesigned the lockscreen
- Updated apps (Superuser and Play Music)
- AOSP lockscreen and reboot option in power menu (by )
- Increased UI frame rate to 240
- Disabled kernel error logging
- Disabled scrolling cache (list views should be extremely responsive now)
- Added script to increase YouTube loading speed (by addressing the problem discussed )
- Added some sysctl tweaks (which should help out a bit on performance and battery life
- Adblocked hosts file
- Fixed superuser issue
- 3G speed unthrottle
- Various responsiveness tweaks
- Launcher kept in memory to reduce lag
- Seeder entropy generator enabled at boot (a huge lag-killer)
- All apps updated
If you want to use the stock Browser, flash this over your current install. You'll have to flash it every time you upgrade, so keep a copy on your sdcard:
Breakneck Blur OG Browser add-on - (md5: d3589d8f126c054b8d39f8e29fd9040e)
I'd also like to mention that any mods made for deodexed stock 98.72.16 roms should work with Breakneck Blur. I am not providing support for mods you flash, so if something breaks then it's not my problem! If you're having issues, make sure you're running an unmodified version of this rom, that'll make it a lot easier for me to track down the issue and fix it.