35 replies to this topic

#1 shouldbeshroomin

shouldbeshroomin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Just wondering if there's been way to unlock the radio on my Verizon motorola droid razr xt912 yet. I've read a lot of forums and haven't had a conclusive post yet.

#2 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

No. It's being worked on by some people over at xda.

#3 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

No. It's being worked on by some people over at xda.

#4 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Its been a pretty conclusive "No", thus far.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#5 shouldbeshroomin

shouldbeshroomin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

Thanks for the reply

#6 HarshaRzr

HarshaRzr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:HarshaMoto
  • Google+:MAKKAPATI HARSHA
  • LocationMovva Andhra Pradesh India
  • Current Device(s):Atrix™HD Razr™HD Razr™I Defy™

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

GSM Working Fine on My Razr XT912

#7 jkjambo

jkjambo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Don't think it's unlocked for usa , but outside of it , it's working on gsm without unlocking or soemthing

#8 shouldbeshroomin

shouldbeshroomin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

I guess I should have specified on the domestic gsm part. I know it's working internationally. Can't wait until it's hacked!

#9 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

I guess I should have specified on the domestic gsm part. I know it's working internationally. Can't wait until it's hacked!

I wouldnt hold your breath for that.

#10 d326425

d326425

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

Well its not legal for them to lock it to their network to reduce competition as per 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and according to vzw service representatives the devices are locked from domestic gsm carriers is because "it would not make sense to allow end users to keep their device, leave vzw, and go to another carrier". So in another words vzw is trying to use a pathetic method of trying to keep customers.  The only way they could lock the device to vzw is if it caused interference that would interfere with something such as an emergency call. And as proven by other vzw devices being unlocked in vzw unapproved ways, it will do nothing of the such.

#11 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Well its not legal for them to lock it to their network to reduce competition as per 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and according to vzw service representatives the devices are locked from domestic gsm carriers is because "it would not make sense to allow end users to keep their device, leave vzw, and go to another carrier". So in another words vzw is trying to use a pathetic method of trying to keep customers.  The only way they could lock the device to vzw is if it caused interference that would interfere with something such as an emergency call. And as proven by other vzw devices being unlocked in vzw unapproved ways, it will do nothing of the such.

Maybe i'm not understanding but the reason a U.S. CDMA phone cannot be unlocked to run on a U.S. GSM carriers is because of hardware, not because of Verizon.

#12 d326425

d326425

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Maybe i'm not understanding but the reason a U.S. CDMA phone cannot be unlocked to run on a U.S. GSM carriers is because of hardware, not because of Verizon.

if thats the case it WILL NOT work outside the us because att is gsm just like the rest of the world not to mention many other cdma phones have been unlocked for gsm and verizon states that it is a world phone

#13 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

if thats the case it WILL NOT work outside the us because att is gsm just like the rest of the world not to mention many other cdma phones have been unlocked for gsm and verizon states that it is a world phone

Because it IS a world phone. It can be used with a GSM SIM card on the "Global" network setting.

#14 d326425

d326425

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Because it IS a world phone. It can be used with a GSM SIM card on the "Global" network setting.

if that is the case i can pop in my att sim, power on the phone, switch to global mode and go

if it will run on one gsm network it will run on any gsm network that uses the same frequency. seeing that phone has a quad band gsm radio it SHOULD work on ANY gsm network. So please give me a reason it will run on a network identical to att or tmobile in lets say Jamaica but it wont actually run on att or tmobile here in the us

#15 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

if that is the case i can pop in my att sim, power on the phone, switch to global mode and go

if it will run on one gsm network it will run on any gsm network that uses the same frequency. seeing that phone has a quad band gsm radio it SHOULD work on ANY gsm network. So please give me a reason it will run on a network identical to att or tmobile in lets say Jamaica but it wont actually run on att or tmobile here in the us

Not sure I have a reason, I just know its not gonna work. Theres really nothing to discuss or debate, it just wont work here in the US on another carrier.

#16 d326425

d326425

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Not sure I have a reason, I just know its not gonna work. Theres really nothing to discuss or debate, it just wont work here in the US on another carrier.

BECAUSE VERIZON HAS IT ILLEGALLY LOCKED

#17 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

BECAUSE VERIZON HAS IT ILLEGALLY LOCKED

Lol its not illegal. US CDMA cannot run on US GSM carriers. Different technology. Nothing illegal about it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#18 d326425

d326425

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Lol its not illegal. US CDMA cannot run on US GSM carriers. Different technology. Nothing illegal about it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

verizon has the modem for the gsm radio set so that it flags the mcc and mnc of other domestic carriers as invalid country code and invalid network code. So I am sorry BigDaddyHicks  but that in my book is a locked gsm radio, not fully locked but locked. Now on to your statement of "Different technology", in order to be a "world phone" it has to have a gsm radio or else it simply isnt a world phone. If it has a gsm radio, of which it has a quadband gsm radio, it can operate on ANY gsm network provided that it is not locked. Seeing that it will run on Digicell in Jamaica but not on att or tmobile here in the us say it is locked.

#19 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

verizon has the modem for the gsm radio set so that it flags the mcc and mnc of other domestic carriers as invalid country code and invalid network code. So I am sorry BigDaddyHicks  but that in my book is a locked gsm radio, not fully locked but locked. Now on to your statement of "Different technology", in order to be a "world phone" it has to have a gsm radio or else it simply isnt a world phone. If it has a gsm radio, of which it has a quadband gsm radio, it can operate on ANY gsm network provided that it is not locked. Seeing that it will run on Digicell in Jamaica but not on att or tmobile here in the us say it is locked.

While it hasn't been worked out on the XT912 (YET), On the XT926 and XT907 (before bootloader unlock), they were able to both figure out AND implement Radio sets from outside regions that worked on US Local GSM networks. With AND without modification. So while, I understand your argument, UNDERSTAND that it is not he be-all, end-all of US based GSM capability for the XT912/XT875. I agree, we haven't figured it out yet, but the operative word IS YET. So let's be patient and see what can be worked out. ...Last I heard NO ONE IN THE WORLD, could unlock a Motorola Bootloader...well that's a fairy tale, so lets work on this one. NOTHING is impossible if we collectively work at it!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#20 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

It was never known as a "world phone," only a "global phone." Different meanings. However, if this was all so easy for you to figure out, I can assure you that anything they're doing has already been found by others before you. It's not illegal, or else they would have already been in hot water for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users