2 replies to this topic

#1 eek

eek

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

Thought this may be of interest to those of you that have no Wi Fi after the "forced" Jelly Bean update....after spending 2 days on the phone with Verizon, Motorola and my internet provider....because everyone wants to point the finger at someone else....this is what I found out from Verizon. Many routers are not compatible with the new update.

Here is a list. So I guess this means I get to go and shell out some money for a new router unless I want my data usage to go through the roof. Nice...thanks Verizon and Motorola.....for nothing.

Thank you for contacting Motorola. I have reviewed your request and I do apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced with the software update.

The information below provides you with a list of routers that are no longer compatible. Please access and consult Internet carrier for further assistance.

The recent upgrade to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 for the Motorola DROID RAZR /DROID RAZR MAXX may have impacted the ability of the mobile phone to connect to some older Wi-Fi routers.

Older routers (typically five years or more), may not support these changes and therefore will not provide a response back to the device, causing the authentication session to timeout.

If unable to connect using WiFi on the RAZR/RAZR MAXX after the updating to Jelly Bean, try the following:

Check below for a listing of impacted routers

If not on the list of impacted routers, conduct normal WIFI troubleshooting

If Router is on the list or is five years or older

Check to see if there is a software upgrade available for the router

Verify with the Internet Service Provider if the router is eligible for an upgrade

NOTE: In some cases the ISP's offer a free upgrade program available for their customers.

Wesetell VersaLink 327W
Actiontec Gt724-WG
Netgear DG834GT
Netgear DG934G (Sky Version)
Lynksys WRTP54G
Motorola Netopia 3347-02
Siemens gigaset SE567
Actiontec GT701 -WG
  • hskrgrl likes this

#2 hskrgrl

hskrgrl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

Thank you for this list. This finally confirms the run around I've had with whether my router was to blame for my connecitivity issues

#3 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

Moving to Droid Razr General [XT912] Reason: Non-Emergency Situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users