Photo
- - - - -

Help with slow cpu after framework edits...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

Here is a picture of my log cat... However, since I themed the framework I have lost about 1000 points in quadrant... Any help would be awesome.

Attached Files

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#2 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

Keeps saying the same thing...

Attached Files

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#3 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Have you wiped cache and dalvik cache?

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#4 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, tried that... Wiped everything a few times... Now it looks like this.

PDbEXCr.png

#5 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Can't post the pic for some reason. But same deal... Quadrant score has gone up about 500 though.

PDbEXCr.png

#6 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

What was your process when you themed the framework? Did you keep the old apk and just moved images over? Did you change anything else? (xml, smali, jar, etc)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#7 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

I used virtuous ten studios to decompile. Exchange images and then rebuild. Than side load to framework and reboot, and wipe. Reboot

PDbEXCr.png

#8 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Could zip aligning it affect it in any way? It did that by default.

PDbEXCr.png

#9 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

I used virtuous ten studios to decompile. Exchange images and then rebuild. Than side load to framework and reboot, and wipe. Reboot

Could zip aligning it affect it in any way? It did that by default.

I don't have a Razr M so I do not know for sure the answer for your CPU not sleeping/shutting down one core.

Did you use the "Keep old signatures" option under the build settings in VTS? It is not really recommended pushing the apk once it is complied since the signatures can easily become broken and can create FC's and other issues. If you open the old apk in 7 zip "open as archive" beside the new one, drag and drop the res folder (if you only changed png's) from the new one to the old one. Then use that framework-res.apk in your phone. I would try this and see if anything happens.

But, changing png's shouldn't mess with your cpu at all.

In my experience I have not had issues with zip aligning; however, it is not recommended to use two different kinds of zip aligning. For example, zip aligning the apk before you push it to your phone and also running a zip align script on boot (normally by init.d scripts - common in custom ROMs)

Sorry I can't offer more suggestions.
  • timpohladthomas likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#10 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

I don't have a Razr M so I do not know for sure the answer for your CPU not sleeping/shutting down one core.

Did you use the "Keep old signatures" option under the build settings in VTS? It is not really recommended pushing the apk once it is complied since the signatures can easily become broken and can create FC's and other issues. If you open the old apk in 7 zip "open as archive" beside the new one, drag and drop the res folder (if you only changed png's) from the new one to the old one. Then use that framework-res.apk in your phone. I would try this and see if anything happens.

In my experience I have not had issues with zip aligning; however, it is not recommended to use two different kinds of zip aligning. For example, zip aligning the apk before you push it to your phone and also running a zip align script on boot (normally by init.d scripts - common in custom ROMs)

Thanks I will see about that

PDbEXCr.png

#11 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Dude! That did the trick! I removed my zip align init.d script and wiped and rebooted... All is good now... Thanks for the help!

PDbEXCr.png

#12 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

I spoke too soon. Now I am getting something different.

Attached Files

PDbEXCr.png

#13 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

It looks like you have another init.d script relating to the interactive governor. Did you read through the zip align script to make sure it was only zip aligning on boot? There may have been other information in the script.

Or have you tried reflashing the ROM with your framework edits? I still don't know why only png edits would lead to cpu/governor issues. It doesn't quite make sense :P I would perhaps try to edit the ROM with your framework edits. You shouldn't need to remove the zip align script if you only move the framwork-res/res folder using the method I mentioned earlier. Then flash that edited ROM zip and see if that helps.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#14 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

So after further investigation, it appears as though i am missing a whole file folder from this location </sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse>

Could someone check there on your phone and see what is there? My phone stops here </sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq

If you have a file could you possible post a zip of it?

Thanks

PDbEXCr.png

#15 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

So after further investigation, it appears as though i am missing a whole file folder from this location </sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse>

Could someone check there on your phone and see what is there? My phone stops here </sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq

If you have a file could you possible post a zip of it?

Thanks

What governor are you using? It's possible that the dev put that script in his ROM without knowing that the folder didn't exist. I done that before :P

It shouldn't matter that much if that is the only error you're getting.
  • timpohladthomas likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#16 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

This thread is no longer officially supported, please see newer officials topics is applicable

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users