5 replies to this topic

#1 Afrid

Afrid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

I got a Bionic that a friend of mine broke and I've been trying to get it working. He said he had flashed a leaked update to phone, but he didn't remember what update.

When I got the phone, the phone would display the Fastboot screen saying the flash had failed. The battery was too drained for me to try to fix it. I was eventually able to fully charge the battery by borrowing another Bionic, so I was good to go.

I've tried updating with both the 6.7.246 and 5.9.905 FXZs (both the modified and unmodified versions) using both RSDlite method and following the House of Bionic instructions. No matter what way I seem to try, the flash seems to succeed, but the phone gets stuck in a boot loop at the Motorola logo. It will boot up, display the logo, hang for about 5 seconds, and then restart. I am able to get the Boot Mode Selection Menu, the AP Fastboot menu (via the hardware shortcut or the Boot Mode Selection Menu), and the BP SBF Flash. When I try to select Recovery from the menu it starts to load Recovery (as indicated by the picture of the Droid laying down with a tray off and the red exclamation triangle), but will eventually give up and go back to boot looping.

It might also be useful to know that I do seem to be able to clear the cache and do a factory reset via House of Bionic, though the end result is still a boot loop. I've also tried the House of Bionic and RSDlite procedures with the SIM card removed and the result appears to be the same.

Thank you for reading this and I hope I've supplied all the useful information. Thank you in advance for your time.

#2 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,122 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

post this over in the House of Bionic discussion thread -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

a bunch of people monitor that pretty closely, including Sam, and should be able to assist...
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#3 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

/me wonders if your friend tried to flash a RAZR update for the BIONIC....

#4 Afrid

Afrid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

post this over in the House of Bionic discussion thread -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

a bunch of people monitor that pretty closely, including Sam, and should be able to assist...

Will do. Thanks for the direction!

/me wonders if your friend tried to flash a RAZR update for the BIONIC....

I really hope not.

#5 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

I can't imagine what else [s]he would have tried to flash. The last 'leak' for the BIONIC was back in July of 2012, and that leak was .247, which will allow you to flash .246 over it no problem.

#6 Afrid

Afrid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

I certainly can't rule anything out, but the July 2012 time-frame sounds about right.

I guess I should have made this more clear in the original comment, but the phone was working on the leaked update he had for quite a while. He (nearly) bricked it some time later, I presume in trying to update it or some such.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brick, boot loop, bionic, House of Bionic, RSD, FXZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users