11 replies to this topic

#1 danieltedwards

danieltedwards

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

Not sure if this topic should be here or in the hacks, but anyway, I saw a post online about using SQLite to get the Tether hack. But when I open the app it just gets stuck while searching for databases and then force closes when i hit the back button. Iv'e tried it many times. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Am I doing something wrong or has anyone had the same problems? Thanks a lot.

#2 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

Not sure if this topic should be here or in the hacks, but anyway, I saw a post online about using SQLite to get the Tether hack. But when I open the app it just gets stuck while searching for databases and then force closes when i hit the back button. Iv'e tried it many times. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Am I doing something wrong or has anyone had the same problems? Thanks a lot.

Just download wifi tether... It works great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#3 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

you might have a bad download but i fyou come into the droidrzr.com chat room I would be more than happy to help you out :D
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#4 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

...That doesn't answer his question...

Yeah Vanten can help you out, he's our registered tech support guru around here. And it sounds like he's right, bad download.

How long have you let it search for databases? The first time does take quite a while.

:-D :-D

#5 danieltedwards

danieltedwards

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

Well when it searches databases it just gets stuck at that screen. No progress bar, plus the screen will turn off after a while, i unlock it and still same thing. Ive let it go as long as 30 minutes before with it being stuck in the same place and then as soon as i touch the screen or back button the force close/wait/report box pops up. Ive uninstalled it and redownloaded it several times and still its the same thing.

#6 danieltedwards

danieltedwards

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

bump. Anyone with the same problem? I just reflashed 173 to stock, rooted it, then added DT's clutch rom conversion. Still same thing happening when I try to open SQLite. Someone please help.

#7 jmp485

jmp485

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter:jmp485

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

bump. Anyone with the same problem? I just reflashed 173 to stock, rooted it, then added DT's clutch rom conversion. Still same thing happening when I try to open SQLite. Someone please help.

Exact same problem here

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#8 danieltedwards

danieltedwards

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:08 AM

So i flashed a couple ROM's to figure out what was going on. I was on Clutch ROM Conversion when this first started happening. Well, it turns out that it has something to do with that ROM. I also couldnt use My Backup Root app. When switching back to stock rooted and eclipse I was able to use both apps fine. I'll bring it to DT's attention that it's not working on Clutch.

#9 timdog68

timdog68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

If your running Clutch rom you have to download busybox from the market for sqlite to work.
If you read every single page of the clutch topic it states that somewhere but its tough to find this kind of stuff sometimes.
I believe the developer of Clutch used a newer version of busybox that doesnt play nice with sqlite but the one on the market does.
Running sqlite and tether fine now on the clutch rom

#10 jmp485

jmp485

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter:jmp485

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

If your running Clutch rom you have to download busybox from the market for sqlite to work.
If you read every single page of the clutch topic it states that somewhere but its tough to find this kind of stuff sometimes.
I believe the developer of Clutch used a newer version of busybox that doesnt play nice with sqlite but the one on the market does.
Running sqlite and tether fine now on the clutch rom

Awesome. Thanks sir.

#11 danieltedwards

danieltedwards

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:35 AM

Thanks a lot timdog. Appreciate the input. Looks like i'll be going back to Clutch now haha

#12 timdog68

timdog68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

Thanks a lot timdog. Appreciate the input. Looks like i'll be going back to Clutch now haha

No problem I like Clutch a lot so far.
As a noob here I find it hard to get all the right info. needed to do this stuff.
I know all the info. is here someplace but this community has a lot of people used to doing this stuff and sometimes the instructions for these roms and mods assume we all know everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users