• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 novakdesolation

novakdesolation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

Comes up for update in play store, and always taking 6megs of ram, even after force closing, it will start itself back up shortly, looking at reviews on the store no one knows what its purpose is though, anyone here have an idea?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

#2 Allallon

Allallon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

I believe this provides your location to Apps so they can "better" serve your request so when you are looking for things such as deals, closest restaurants, and such it can tailor your request to your location. Google has their location service as does Verizon. I don't think it can be forced stopped even though it is a drain on battery. I hope this helps a litte.

#3 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

something used to locate your rear end. But if you are rooted, you can freeze it without any issue.

#4 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

Definitely freeze it... it made a notificable difference in battery life... besides its none of there business where you are ... and they can find you using your data... no need for another way

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#5 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

I think it has to do with the family locator service that you can subscribe to at the low, low price of an arm or leg.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • The Kid likes this

#6 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

good answers so far but it does all of the above.. and then some.. it allows adds better detecting of cell towers and services.. but other than that not needed. unless you want to use VZ Navigator .... way pay for what google gives you for free
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users