Motorola Bootloaders Cracked

djrbliss root unlocked bootloader boot loader droid razr unlocking cracked bootloader Motorola How to unlock

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#41 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

I'm not super versed in this, but I thought source was available here http://sourceforge.net/motorola/ ?

Only kernel and some other sources. No ROM source.

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#42 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Only kernel and some other sources. No ROM source.

Thats what AOSP is for :P

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#43 dhacker29

dhacker29

CM Master

• Developer
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:dhacker29
  • Google+:davidhackerdvm@gmail.com

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

I'm not super versed in this, but I thought source was available here http://sourceforge.net/motorola/ ?

Yes parts of it are. But qcom is a mysterious beast the 4.1 kernel will not run 4.2 effectively. It requires major updates. Which I did. Luckily they work on the HD but break the video panel for the M.
  • hadeshorn9 and Int_Rnd_Pooka like this

#44 HarshaRzr

HarshaRzr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:HarshaMoto
  • Google+:MAKKAPATI HARSHA
  • LocationMovva Andhra Pradesh India
  • Current Device(s):Atrix™HD Razr™HD Razr™I Defy™

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Great Work Guys!

#45 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

its not all about development, but it is everything about choice

RAZR HD Dev

Choice is a beautiful thing, but it does come back to development. If there's no way to develop for the hardware (or it's so difficult as to be impractical) you're not going to have any choices, just this satisfied feeling that if someone ever DID get the dev work done, you'd be able to flash it like a boss.

#46 dhacker29

dhacker29

CM Master

• Developer
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:dhacker29
  • Google+:davidhackerdvm@gmail.com

Jeez Debbie Downer lol

:) sorry reality check over resume rejoicing
  • Aixelsyd and tucstwo like this

#47 Notc

Notc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

This excites me, doesn't affect me. Doesn't stop me from getting excited though.

Agreed. I don't have any of these phones, but it's awesome news.

#48 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Well in actuality it did change the hardware inside the phone lol. Unlock fuse is blown if this is done.

Damn it, you know what I meant :) But you're right.

You will STILL need to flash FXZ files if you bork. This just means we can flash ANY FXZ files. Not just the ones Motorola says we can.

My bad. Spoken poorly on both points. :) That's what I get for hitting enter before proofreading and thinking clearly
  • tucstwo likes this

#49 Narffran

Narffran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:Fran_Granfield
  • LocationNorth of Boston MA

Thanks to Dan for his amazing work and everyone involved. This is a good day for Motorolla Fans.

Cheers,
DirtyDroidX

Good for them guys and us Motorola Fans also. ;)
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#50 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Yes parts of it are. But qcom is a mysterious beast the 4.1 kernel will not run 4.2 effectively. It requires major updates. Which I did. Luckily they work on the HD but break the video panel for the M.

Interesting. Thank you for that. Trust me, I understand that there are needed bits that are closed source and need to be rigged up. But I would hope with an unlocked bootloader it makes things a metric crap ton easier to do with the ability to adjust the kernel and such willy-nilly now.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#51 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Interesting. Thank you for that. Trust me, I understand that there are needed bits that are closed source and need to be rigged up. But I would hope with an unlocked bootloader it makes things a metric crap ton easier to do with the ability to adjust the kernel and such willy-nilly now.

4.2 OTA and kernel source would also help with running 4.2... just a waiting game :)

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#52 mjs27541

mjs27541

I have no idea what's going on...

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD
  • Current Device(s):LG G2

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

Holy poop on a stick! Amazing work guys!

#53 BeansTown106

BeansTown106

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

Surprises me that people think an unlocked boot loader=let the development begin.... Naive at best. Why do you think we don't have tons of ROMs for the development editions? Simple source availability didn't change.

Either way hats off to a great feat.

fully agreed! you and hashcode have been beasting it sence day 1 this just helps things a little bit aka meaning u dont have to watch ur phone reboot a couple times :P either way it is a great thing though just one more slap at moto/vzw

#54 TTLayland

TTLayland

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOrlando Florida
  • Current Device(s):Atrix HD

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

My oh my Dan Rosenberg really just isn't satisfied busting motorolas security chops by getting us root. He went the extra mile to give us a fully unlockable device.
"Hasta la victoria siempre!"~Ernesto Guevara, Until victory/always!~Moto AHD 4.1.1 unrooted. Dying for root!

#55 natedogg11

natedogg11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

:) sorry reality check over resume rejoicing

I definitely agree, but hopefully if the device is unlocked, more people will develop on the device. Few people have the Dev edition and not too many people do work for this phone besides you and Hash. I still think it will get overlooked with the S4 and new HTC as far as major development, but if this can help give us a stable CM10 and the ability to try out different kernels, that would be nice. Regardless, I just think it is great that some Moto phones are finally getting cracked.

#56 JohnF

JohnF

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912 running 4.1.2

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Great work! My OG RAZR won't benefit from this, but I will consider a Moto phone when I upgrade.
  • dfryer1193 likes this

#57 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

I definitely agree, but hopefully if the device is unlocked, more people will develop on the device. Few people have the Dev edition and not too many people do work for this phone besides you and Hash. I still think it will get overlooked with the S4 and new HTC as far as major development, but if this can help give us a stable CM10 and the ability to try out different kernels, that would be nice. Regardless, I just think it is great that some Moto phones are finally getting cracked.

S4 and New HTC devices aren't gonna be unlockable (through VZW at least). It's gonna takes leaks and miracles to get it done.

#58 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

I have been focusing on getting kexec to work on the QCOM motos... so obviously my dev approach will now shift gears.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• Aixelsyd, mattlgroff, jroc and 11 others like this

#59 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:koftheworld

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

I have been focusing on getting kexec to work on the QCOM motos... so obviously my dev approach will now shift gears.

no excuses now;)

#60 Notc

Notc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

S4 and New HTC devices aren't gonna be unlockable (through VZW at least). It's gonna takes leaks and miracles to get it done.

Miracles? I know that it isn't easy or a guarantee to continue, but haven't people had a lot of success unlocking past Samsung and HTC devices on Verizon?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: djrbliss, root, unlocked, bootloader, boot loader, droid razr unlocking, cracked bootloader, Motorola, How to unlock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users