Photo

[UNLOCK] How to Unlock Your Bootloader [Atrix HD/RAZR HD/RAZR M ONLY!]

bootloader how to unlock atrix bootloader unlock droid razr hd unlock droid razr m unlock unlocking bootloader xt926 xt925 dan rosenberg

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#21 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Just unlocked my RAZR HD. I was on rooted 4.1.2 OTA and had no issues.

Donation incoming....
  • trebills likes this

#22 stefen

stefen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Woohoo!!!!

Rooted RAZR HD on 4.1.2 is now unlocked!

#23 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

Wow, now I can have just as much fun with my M, as I do with my Samsung tablet. Thanks, a million times over.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#24 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

done thanks a million

#25 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

what happens if we unlock then moto sends out an update?

#26 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:koftheworld

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Wow! This is great! So time to start asking questions.... like, is the "Boot Loader Unlocked" warning that replaces the 'M' logo permanent or can I change that, too?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#27 gmorgan056

gmorgan056

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:gmorgan056

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

what happens if we unlock then moto sends out an update?

Unlock is permanent. But if you don't unlock and accept an update, you can lose the ability to unlock it later.

#28 devans3232

devans3232

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

I can't freaking wait to get off work to Unlock this thing! Im almost tempted to turn my phone off so Motorola can't secretly push a patch to my phone lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#29 dysfunkshun

dysfunkshun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Confirmed on my end with HD on 4.1.2 rooted! Excellent work, you guys have won the internets for the day!

#30 Daino92

Daino92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Google+:chrisdaino@gmail.com
  • LocationFort Collins
  • Current Device(s):SCH-1535

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

This is pretty awesome stuff guys, enjoy it. :)

#31 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

And they said it couldn't be done. To that I say, He did it...Ahh! Hats off to you Sir Dan! Damn fine work, indeed!
Posted Image

#32 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Sooooo.....like if you arent Rooted, then you're all like WTF?!?

LOL.....this is great but sucks for people like me who just bought theirs with 4.1.2 already on there. Although, Im sure if DAN THA MUDDA FUGGIN MAN can unlock a bootloader, he can root a phone!
  • afmracer6 likes this

#33 jntdroid

jntdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

4.1.2 completely broke wifi for me (wouldn't even toggle on). No matter what I tried, and I tried everything. Evidently a small percentage of users had the same issue after the OTA. Long story short, I can't go without wifi so I fastbooted 4.1.2 to have my phone fully functioning. Obviously I lost root at that point and the potential to unlock my bootloader. In my ignorance, I thought that fastbooting 4.1.2 would relock the bootloader, so I never thought about the option of unlocking and then fastbooting to fix the problem. I wasn't 100% sold on unlocking the BL anyway due to the warranty, but I wanted to at least have the option, which obviously I don't have now by my own choice.

My question is simply this - do we have any hope of root access for 4.1.2, is it being worked on at all? Because if not, I'd like to start working on a way to swap out for another Maxx HD that's not stock 4.1.2. But if there's a glimmer of hope or someone is working on it, I can be patient and hold onto my device.

#34 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

My question is simply this - do we have any hope of root access for 4.1.2, is it being worked on at all? Because if not, I'd like to start working on a way to swap out for another Maxx HD that's not stock 4.1.2. But if there's a glimmer of hope or someone is working on it, I can be patient and hold onto my device.

This may not be the answer you are looking for but you have to assume No there will not be a root exploit for 4.1.2 until well... There is. What I mean is the smart people that work on this usually don't advertise that they are working on it and don't know how far along they are until they finally "get it." For example NOBODY saw the bootloader unlock coming but here it is.
  • afmracer6 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#35 afmracer6

afmracer6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

Damnit. I ditched my razr hd. I gotta get me one again. I really liked the phone. Hated the locked up software and the camera of course. If anyone finds a razr maxx hd On 4.1.1. Sent it my way. Ill buy it!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

#36 jntdroid

jntdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

This may not be the answer you are looking for but you have to assume No there will not be a root exploit for 4.1.2 until well... There is. What I mean is the smart people that work on this usually don't advertise that they are working on it and don't know how far along they are until they finally "get it." For example NOBODY saw the bootloader unlock coming but here it is.

I definitely get what you're saying and agree with you completely. Like I said, I was just grasping for somethin' a little more... ;) The one I have is brand new and I really don't want to get rid of it. I can do 90% of what I want on stock anyway, so I should likely just sit back and have some "device patience" for once in my smartphone life.

#37 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

4.1.2 Root now here

Come and get it!!

Thanks Root God...
  • jntdroid, satman80, bdazzg1 and 1 other like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#38 jntdroid

jntdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Thanks indeed... I see my "patience" has paid off.. lol
  • satman80 likes this

#39 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

LOL. Just wanted to take a second to welcome tucstwo to the official "pariahs of motorola support forums" club. There are now two of us.

Also, this is a snippet I wanted to share from a private conversation between tucstwo and I (posted with permission/ by mutual assent):

tucstwo: Damn I miss cheesecake too (but it's not as relevant to those who are unlocked now, freedom prevails!)

And I did not get to see your post on that silly forum in the past, thank you for telling me about it and be happy (eve if you have an OMAP device) because today is as historical as "D-day ot VJ-Day". Today, WE took down Godzilla. We should ALL be proud for our community and should spread the world that moto/vzw can do whatever they want to stop us from getting what we DESERVE. We will get it. Whether they give it to us, or WE TAKE IT!

Do me a solid, repost what I just said to you in

, so that people know that WE WON! Well, at least the part about today being a historical day. Hell, post it as yourself. USE MY WORDS. Because today...#dickslapmoto...WE WON!

me: (not from private conversation) Dan, as always thanks and congratulations. You have consistently, through intelligence, intuition, and sheer effort, accomplished what the intelligence agencies of most governments could not have done. You skills and innovations are in my opinion (however much that matters) on par with the engineers and programmers of 1960s NASA. From the guy who has been quoted as saying "They don't EVEN want me to go all Gene Krantz on their asses" let me just say this: Houston, for at least a brief shining moment in time, thanks to @djrbliss we have zero problems. Over and out.

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

#40 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5, Nexus 10

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

Sooooo.....like if you arent Rooted, then you're all like WTF?!?

LOL.....this is great but sucks for people like me who just bought theirs with 4.1.2 already on there. Although, Im sure if DAN THA MUDDA FUGGIN MAN can unlock a bootloader, he can root a phone!

This was prophetic... It was written.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bootloader, how to unlock, atrix bootloader unlock, droid razr hd unlock, droid razr m unlock, unlocking bootloader, xt926, xt925, dan rosenberg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users