#1 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

In an effort to keep all the threads about bootloader unlocking consolidated to a minimum. This will be the "Official" bootloader unlock Q&A thread where people can ask and answer questions for each other.

First, Links:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

by

And now on to the business
  • jroc, trikotret, BionicMan69 and 4 others like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

Questions Already Answered:

Do I need to ditch safestrap?
-No. You can leave Safestrap where it is for now.

Can I flash a normal recovery?
-Yes, at the moment there are existing

new and recommended recovery that Hascode made. Stock recovery is inside the FXZ files and it can be flashed alone. Or

Can I flash "old" ROMs using the new TWRP?
-Yes, you must first mount /system in TWRP before you flash them

Can I Flash Anything I can do now?
-Yes, but things need to be developed at this point, this is NEW territory for Motorola

Can I now flash different kernels or radios?
-Yes, you can flash ANYTHING you want

Is my phone basically the same as the Dev edition now?
-Yes, from what we can gather, anything that boots on the dev edition will also work on your unlocked device

Can I flash ROMS developed for the XT925 (GSM Razr HD)?
-Yes, But Dont. They are not the same as an XT926 Droid Razr HD. Those are GSM devices and you will have problems.

How to I Get Rid of the ANNOYING "Bootloader Unlocked Warning" Boot screen?

• vtwinbmx, satman80 and BionicMan69 like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#3 CharacterZero

CharacterZero

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

So I am stuck on "Unlocking Phone..." Don't want to touch it. Is it done? Am I wating for something, should I try again? I am on 4.1.2 rooted. Using same machine I rooted with. Screen comes on then goes off but nothing else is happening.

EDIT: I overreacted. Its fine, takes a couple of minutes at that point but then went on.

EDIT 2 : Well crap, went into fastboot and it still says LOCKED!
  • Moonrakerone likes this

#4 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Google+:dru21281
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Droid X, Razr, HTC Rezound

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

I am about to unlock. Although this might not matter it will probably come up... If we already have SS installed should we uninstall it and del. all rom slots prior to unlocking? Seems like the procedure is super fast and easy and that it doesn't matter if we have full charge since the phone is booted and attached to the comp. charging while executing the .bat file.

Does the phone have to be powered on, or in fastboot when executing the .bat file? This has not been described in the instructions...

#5 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

So yeah, can I replace the warning message that replaced the 'M' logo?

#6 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

I am about to unlock. Although this might not matter it will probably come up... If we already have SS installed should we uninstall it and del. all rom slots prior to unlocking? Seems like the procedure is super fast and easy and that it doesn't matter if we have full charge since the phone is booted and attached to the comp. charging while executing the .bat file.

No need to reinstall safestrap or uninstall it - YET. Hash has stated he's working on a new version of TWRP built around unlocked devices.

#7 mattwheat

mattwheat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

do I need to be on stick side of safestrap, have it uninstalled ? Does it matter ?

#8 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Is there any fun stuff to do with it yet, or is it still a waiting game for fun stuff to be made?

Well, there are existing CWM and TWRP recoveries for this phone. I'm not sure if there are any/many developer edition roms out at the moment, but there's no reason they wouldn't work on you're freshly unlocked phone. I know the recoveries can be found

but let's remember there's not much to flash.

Does the phone have to be powered on, or in fastboot when executing the .bat file? This has not been described in the instructions...

No just booted up into normal android. To the best of my knowledge, Safestrap does not interfere.

#9 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

So yeah, can I replace the warning message that replaced the 'M' logo?

Umm, I'm not sure if the newer devices have a logo.bin like the OG razr. We used to be able to change the boot screens on the OG razr with fastboot flash logo logo.bin but I'm not sure if the HD has a different set up. I'm not experienced with this device.

#10 divadem

divadem

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

So I am on 4.1.2 rooted, bootloader just unlocked and now I have questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Can I install the current version TWRP or CWM?
Now that I have my bootloader unlocked does this make all of the stuff(kernels, roms, etc) that was available for the developer edition of the razr hd available for the verizon consumer edition? Is there any distinguishing factor between the two additions that I should be aware of before installing anything that says developer edition only?

#11 CharacterZero

CharacterZero

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

So I guess I need to be "That Guy" here. I run the bat file. It pushes the unlock, says Unlockin Phone, reboots into bootloader, it reads the stuff from my phone, but its still locked. I wonder if for some reason the exploit is not running right??

#12 rossguy

rossguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

do I need to be on stick side of safestrap, have it uninstalled ? Does it matter ?

I switched to my stock slot before unlocking it. Not sure if it matters but thats what I did. Left SafeStrap and everything installed, just booted into stock slot and then ran it. Thanks to Dan and all of the other devs as well! Looking forward to this community growing!

#13 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

So I am on 4.1.2 rooted, bootloader just unlocked and now I have questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Now that I have my bootloader unlocked does this make all of the stuff(kernels, roms, etc) that was available for the developer edition of the razr hd available for the verizon consumer edition? Is there any distinguishing factor between the two additions that I should be aware of before installing anything that says developer edition only?

You should be able to install the current versions of TWRP and CWM (remove Safestrap)
Yes, now that it is unlocked ANYTHING can be flashed to any partitions without signature verification.
To the best of my knowledge, these are exactly the same as the dev editions once the bootloader is unlocked. A lot of stuff is gonna be by trial and error now. This is VERY new territory for Motorola
  • divadem likes this

#14 GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:GoCliffGo
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD Developer Edition, N7, X2

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Umm, I'm not sure if the newer devices have a logo.bin like the OG razr. We used to be able to change the boot screens on the OG razr with fastboot flash logo logo.bin but I'm not sure if the HD has a different set up. I'm not experienced with this device.

You can replace the warning message. There is a thread about it on XDA. I'll find the link later if no on else does.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

#15 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Google+:dru21281
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Droid X, Razr, HTC Rezound

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Also forgot to ask earlier. xt925 dev phones are gsm, xt926 dev phones are of course cdma verizon. Can we now use any roms made for the Razr HD(Maxx included) esp. the xt925? Does that mean that basically we can use any providers sim card? I read that we can load any recovery with the unlocked BL, but im not sure about flashing a xt925 roms and/or factory firmwares?

#16 GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:GoCliffGo
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD Developer Edition, N7, X2

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Don't flash the 925 ROMs. That's bad news.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

#17 CharacterZero

CharacterZero

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

Updated su through superuser app and it worked. So make sure su is updated.

#18 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

So I guess I need to be "That Guy" here. I run the bat file. It pushes the unlock, says Unlockin Phone, reboots into bootloader, it reads the stuff from my phone, but its still locked. I wonder if for some reason the exploit is not running right??

make sure to hit enter! dont just hit any key
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#19 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

Also forgot to ask earlier. xt925 dev phones are gsm, xt926 dev phones are of course cdma verizon. Can we now use any roms made for the Razr HD(Maxx included) esp. the xt925? Does that mean that basically we can use any providers sim card? I read that we can load any recovery with the unlocked BL, but im not sure about flashing a xt925 roms and/or factory firmwares?

Don't flash GSM roms. They aren't compatible. If someone develops a "CDMA" patch, then in the future we can cross over into those ROMS. For now no, I doubt they'll boot.

#20 mattwheat

mattwheat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

I did the same. Switched to stock side if safestrap and booted up on stock normalky ... ran the .bat file and all phone info came up .... says unlocked .... rebooted and now officially have an unlocked boot loader.
Thanks so much to Dan R. Matt L. Hashcode, and everyone else involved. We've all been waiting on this and don't think it would happen. But I'm sure I speak for the rest of this community when I say "THANK YOU" !

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD with newly unlocked BL thanks to Dan R.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users