Photo

[Utility]Flash CWM or TWRP Recovery-1 Click {UPDATED-7-11-13} V6!

recovery one click razr hd cwm clockworkmod

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#141 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

I can see the use for one clicks but for new guys it is essential to learn the fundamentals of the Android SDK. I say this cause ppl don't no what these tools are doing. If it fails you are stuck with no knowledge to fix your phone. Having a unlocked phone is way different then owning the typical moto phone.

A one click to flash a recovery? It took him longer to write the OP than to tell them how to do it the right way.

#142 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Dave this $#!+ isn't what me, Cassy, You and Big had in mind when this place started people where supposed to learn.

I no.

Its just not here though. I can assure you things will be changing so members can learn the proper ways to do things.

#143 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Did you miss a dose today, or something?

Lighten up, my friend. There are instructions out there for folks who wish to walk alone, and those who like a bit of hand-holding. As both are for the finding, why so glum? The person "wasting their time" is doing it for their own enjoyment and value add to the community - and they and others are quite good at it. And, what they do is very appreciated.

you are missing the point of the statement I think. Sure there is stuff out there to learn how to do it old school way ( Ie typing out commands). However because of the MASSIVE change as of late on Motos with unlocking the bootloader its time for a change on the site IMO now as well. PPL need to learn this stuff as you can not always count on a 1-click. And god forbid the 1-click fails and bricks the device, obviosuly ppl need to know how to save/fix the device. So if ppl do NOT spend the time to understand how things work now that the device can be unlocked it is only going to cause more issues across the board. This is a quote of a post I had made in a different thread in regards to this whole thing tho really. And its no dig at anyone it really just that with this change ppl need to learn some of this stuff in a different manner really to be safe.

"No offense to you or the others who have commented on this as its just my opinion on things. That said my feeling is very simple tho. If you want to mess with devices & hack stuff you should have at least a general understanding of ALL areas that are involved with it. IE how to manually do things like fastbooting, using RSD, using ADB commands, how to boot into the different modes of the devices.....etc. IMHO one of the biggest problems folks have is they are to use to finding 1-clicks or Utilities to do things for them. And sure that is great and a big time saver but that does NOT teach folks how things work which is what causes issues down the road. Or even worse because someone messed up they try to go in and have the device swapped out under warranty, and that one drives me more nuts then anything really. It ends up costing all of us one way or another. and really just about anything is able to be fixed besides a hardware issue. Sure there is the rare case it can't be fixed but that is very few."

#144 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

I no.

Its just not here though. I can assure you things will be changing so members can learn the proper ways to do things.

Maybe I shouldn't ask this, or can be deleted, taken off line.......... but I have an honest question - not looking to start a firestorm or anything.

What are / were you guys trying to do with this site, really? I ask, in this context: I'll never be a programmer. Looking at the numbers, I'd say that you who can write, make up less than 2% or those who use and gain value from your work. Of those 98%, some will fastboot, some will one-click, but I'd be willing to suggest, MOST will one-click. If the learning is use the work you've done, and many will not attempt to fastboot or adb or whatever, does that do what you want to do? Are you looking to add value to a large community of diverse users? Or are you looking to run a practical school, where folks can actually learn what you are doing and use it?

I'm not suggesting any objective is right or wrong - but I will suggest, when I joined this site, it was about learning (at any level), helping each other, and the end result being cool stuff we can do with our phones. It was and is, advertised as being friendly, open, fun, etc. It is held up as NOT XDA. So, that being said, many of us would not be here if this were a programming learning practical site. Not that it's bad or anything, it is just not in my skill set.

So, if this site has taken a wrong turn, and you're going to take a different approach, let us know so we can be on the same page.
  • triskropf97 likes this

Proud father of a US Marine

#145 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

you are missing the point of the statement I think. Sure there is stuff out there to learn how to do it old school way ( Ie typing out commands). However because of the MASSIVE change as of late on Motos with unlocking the bootloader its time for a change on the site IMO now as well. PPL need to learn this stuff as you can not always count on a 1-click. And god forbid the 1-click fails and bricks the device, obviosuly ppl need to know how to save/fix the device. So if ppl do NOT spend the time to understand how things work now that the device can be unlocked it is only going to cause more issues across the board. This is a quote of a post I had made in a different thread in regards to this whole thing tho really. And its no dig at anyone it really just that with this change ppl need to learn some of this stuff in a different manner really to be safe.

"No offense to you or the others who have commented on this as its just my opinion on things. That said my feeling is very simple tho. If you want to mess with devices & hack stuff you should have at least a general understanding of ALL areas that are involved with it. IE how to manually do things like fastbooting, using RSD, using ADB commands, how to boot into the different modes of the devices.....etc. IMHO one of the biggest problems folks have is they are to use to finding 1-clicks or Utilities to do things for them. And sure that is great and a big time saver but that does NOT teach folks how things work which is what causes issues down the road. Or even worse because someone messed up they try to go in and have the device swapped out under warranty, and that one drives me more nuts then anything really. It ends up costing all of us one way or another. and really just about anything is able to be fixed besides a hardware issue. Sure there is the rare case it can't be fixed but that is very few."

Thank you for the extra explanation. I assure you guys as well, I wasn't trying to cast stones. I agree with your points 100% about knowing what you are doing and what damage can be done, etc. AND 10000% about taking responsibility for killing your phone, etc. That for me too, is non-negotiable. I have just learned so much and do at times (especially for example when there are safety nets), attempt to use the "long way" as opposed to 1-click. But, I'll never be a dot on a page of what you guys know.

Proud father of a US Marine

#146 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thank you for the extra explanation. I assure you guys as well, I wasn't trying to cast stones. I agree with your points 100% about knowing what you are doing and what damage can be done, etc. AND 10000% about taking responsibility for killing your phone, etc. That for me too, is non-negotiable. I have just learned so much and do at times (especially for example when there are safety nets), attempt to use the "long way" as opposed to 1-click. But, I'll never be a dot on a page of what you guys know.

My point is the one click is the long way but someone chose to make a one click so people would think they are a Dev as opposed to teaching people the right way to do it.
  • Narffran likes this

#147 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

After install, how do I boot into it?

After install, I un-installed SS booted into recovery and only see Android system recovery. What exactly should TWRP looks like.
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#148 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Thanks for V3. I was one of the people with no recovery.sh only .cfg and V3 worked for me right away.

#149 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

After install, I un-installed SS booted into recovery and only see Android system recovery. What exactly should TWRP looks like.

quoted from another member post, that is how you can find TWRP

From a power off state, hold PWR & VOL+. This enters the boot menu.
Press VOL- to highlight Recovery.
Press VOL+ to select.
You should see TWRP

#150 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

quoted from another member post, that is how you can find TWRP

From a power off state, hold PWR & VOL+. This enters the boot menu.
Press VOL- to highlight Recovery.
Press VOL+ to select.
You should see TWRP

Thank you
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#151 fagioli

fagioli

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

you guys need to stop lecturing on the proper policies of helping end users. Some people don't want to learn - they just want to play with their device.

#152 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

you guys need to stop lecturing on the proper policies of helping end users. Some people don't want to learn - they just want to play with their device.

When you had spent half as much time helping people recover their devices as I have, including DirtyDroidX because he soft bricked his DX and didn't know what he was doing, because they didn't want to learn I would try to see your point. But just by your statement it's apparent that that isn't the case.

#153 fagioli

fagioli

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

When you had spent half as much time helping people recover their devices as I have, including DirtyDroidX because he soft bricked his DX and didn't know what he was doing, because they didn't want to learn I would try to see your point. But just by your statement it's apparent that that isn't the case.

Are you the same Jolly from the p3droid Droid X days?

#154 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Yeah that's me

#155 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Yeah that's me

#156 Narffran

Narffran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:Fran_Granfield
  • LocationNorth of Boston MA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

The entire point of what you call 'lecturing' is really quite simple. If they want to PLAY then they need to LEARN before they can play.

It's become way to easy to take the simple way out of things. If you don't learn in the first place and when your playing and make a mistake your stuck because you haven't learned how to fix things on your own. What happens in a case like this is the all to common help me threads that basically say it's broke how do I fix it.

Playing and breaking is how you learn. The only advise I can give most folks is to slow down take a deep breath and do some thinking. It's not the part of asking for help that's cool with everyone, we all have and still do from time to time. The difference is that with people that have been around awhile would put it a different way:

IE:

Hey I flashed x and then I flashed y. I found that x and y didn't like playing together very well so I did 'a' and 'b' to put things back the way they were. before I try x and y again do you think I should do y before x?

You get my point. One needs to learn to walk before they can run. 1 clicks have been around awhile now. They are normally made by people that have done the exact same steps hundreds of times if not thousands of times over and over. They are only time savers. But they are created by people that have learned the steps.

There is no school to learn this stuff. You learn what you need to so that you can play when you want to. I'd rather people say:

Hey I've never done this, is this the way I do it. And list the steps they are about to take to do it. Then the slow down part is waiting for a reply that offers the ok or makes changes to it.

I could go on more but I've an appt to make. Just part of my 2 cents...
  • Aixelsyd, jroc, Memnoch73 and 1 other like this

#157 discgolfdc

discgolfdc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD (XT926M)

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

I understand how to flash recoveries via fastboot, but for some odd reason, this worked where the direct fastboot command did not. Thank you.

#158 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

We all bricked our Droid X. You Me and DDX and anyone else I know had to SBF. Let not change this to a bash thread
  • Narffran and zooyork0721 like this

vtc.png

#159 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

This is ridiculous ! I'm locking this thread if it gets derailed any further. The bottom lime is ppl will want to learn and others won't. That's the great thing about America, we have the right to choose what we want. Let's agree to disagree, stop the arguments. There are others that need help and don't need to be sifting through everyone's political BS.

The past is the past and the future looks better.

Thank you

DirtyDroidX
  • newskate9, Memnoch73, satman80 and 2 others like this

#160 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

For everyone. The OP was updated. I have included now both the 1 click AND full, detailed instructions on how to perform this procedure. Please stop arguing. I don't want this thread closed. I spent A LOT of time on both the utility and the OP instructions. It would be ASHAME to lose the valuable things in it over a squabble.
  • jroc, newskate9, vtwinbmx and 1 other like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, one click, razr hd, cwm, clockworkmod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users