Photo

[Utility]Flash CWM or TWRP Recovery-1 Click {UPDATED-7-11-13} V6!

recovery one click razr hd cwm clockworkmod

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#1 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

We are in new territory here now. The days of bootstrap recoveries are over. It's time now to FINALLY be rid of that silly old Motorola Recovery.

How? I'm going to show you. It's quite easy. All you need to do is download this nifty little tool I made for you and it's easy as click.

Just make sure you've got your drivers installed, USB debugging is enabled and that you have UNZIPPED this package BEFORE you run it.

Be

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Download Link Below
Unzip
Plug in Phone
Hit "Run"
????
Profit

Changelog:
Click to

Thank you all for your help

If you do not want to one click this. I will now explain to you how it works and you can try it on your own. I want to help teach you guys how to do this as well as not give you...er bad help.

For the sake of saving time, I will provide you with a copy of ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) so you do not have to go through the time of downloading the entire

. Place it on your desktop and UNZIP it. However, should you wish to learn how to properly install and set up the Android SDK, please

Also, on the quest to save time. I have zipped up and will include all 3 recoveries for you.

. Unzip those and place all 3 into the ADB folder you just unzipped.

Next, I would like you to press and hold Shift and RIGHT click on the ADB folder. Select from the contextual menu "Open Command window here". This will open a command line for you, already browsed to the folder on your desktop. Now, the easy part.

Ensure you're phone is plugged into your computer, that you have all the necessary drivers installed and that USB debugging mode it ticked in Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging.

Now we will run some commands and I will tell you what they do. So let's start with killing an previously running ADB deamon that may already be running:

Next, we will connect to your device:

If it hangs at this point, then you are having communication issues with your PC. Check your drivers, your wire, or untick and then retick Usb debugging. If we want to be doubly sure you can run

If you are given what looks like a serial number, then we are indeed connected. If it just says "List of Devices" but no serial number, you are not connected, go back a step.

Now, we need to start communicating with the shell on your phone. And we are going to want to be running as root so we can complete the process. So next we will type

You may be prompted with a Superuser prompt on your phone, Grant it permission. You will now be met with a new prompt something like root@android:/# We will then move on and mount /system, remember, no ADB prefix to these commands:

Now, depending on what ROM you are on, some people had trouble with the recovery removing a script that motorola puts in place to over write any custom recoveries you may flash. So we are going to get rid of this file before we move forward.

Also, the "Patch" that is stored on your phone that the aforementioned script would have flashed to erase your custom recovery

Ok, now that that's gone we need to back out of shell and get back to your windows CMD line. (Note, depending on your set up, you may need to run the exit code twice. Once to get out of SU and again to completely exit shell. If you are back to your original C:\user\me\desktop\ADB prompt then there is no need to exit again or you will close you Windows CMD. So:

Ok, We are going to put the recovery of your choosing into a temporary location until we're ready to flash it. Keep in mind, you will need to use the name of the recovery you intend to flash. So if its CWM you're pushing cwmrecovery, if it's Team Win, then it's twrprecovery and if it's stock Motorola then it will be motorecovery. I will use CWM in my example, you just need to change the name so it reflects the recovery you are trying to flash.

It will proceed to tell you how long it took. Tip, if it says no such file or command, this means that the recovery of your choosing is not in the ADB folder that we put on your desktop. So now, we will flash it. but first back into shell

Followed with:

Clean up our mess:

And back out (2x's only if needed)

Lastly, we reboot into recovery for confirmation

And we kill our ADB daemon:

Finished!

If you're really feeling brazen and are only using a Moto, Nexus, or HTC device. You could use fastboot to achieve the same deal. I find it to be a lot more work. But others for some reason find it to be easier. IDK? Anyway download the same set of

. Only this time you will need an additional package that includes not only ADB files but also the Fastboot binary.

. UNZIP this to your desktop and place the recovery images into this folder!

Next, I would like you to press and hold Shift and RIGHT click on the ADB-Fastboot folder. Select from the contextual menu "Open Command window here". This will open a command line for you, already browsed to the folder on your desktop. Now, the easy part.

Ensure you're phone is plugged into your computer, that you have all the necessary drivers installed and that USB debugging mode it ticked in Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging.

Next, we will connect to your device:

If it hangs at this point, then you are having communication issues with your PC. Check your drivers, your wire, or untick and then retick Usb debugging. If we want to be doubly sure you can run

If you are given what looks like a serial number, then we are indeed connected. If it just says "List of Devices" but no serial number, you are not connected, go back a step.

Now, we need to start communicating with the shell on your phone. And we are going to want to be running as root so we can complete the process. So next we will type

You may be prompted with a Superuser prompt on your phone, Grant it permission. You will now be met with a new prompt something like root@android:/# We will then move on and mount /system, remember, no ADB prefix to these commands:

Now, depending on what ROM you are on, some people had trouble with the recovery removing a script that motorola puts in place to over write any custom recoveries you may flash. So we are going to get rid of this file before we move forward.

Also, the "Patch" that is stored on your phone that the aforementioned script would have flashed to erase your custom recovery

Ok, now that that's gone we need to back out of shell and get back to your windows CMD line. (Note, depending on your set up, you may need to run the exit code twice. Once to get out of SU and again to completely exit shell. If you are back to your original C:\user\me\desktop\ADB prompt then there is no need to exit again or you will close you Windows CMD. So:

From this point on, we need to be sure that the recovery of our choice is in our " C:\Users\me\desktop\ADB-Fastboot\ " folder. It's now time to reboot into our bootloader.

We will now issue 2 commands, one after the other to flash the new recovery. Again, I will use Clockworkmod as my example, but you will need to replace the commands with the recovery of your choosing.

Next we will reboot our bootloader

When this is finished, power down your device.
Next press and hold, Power & VOL- to boot ur phone up to the bootloader selection menu. From here, use Vol - to highlight "Recovery" and Vol + to select it. It is vital that you go into your new recovery BEFORE you boot up your device fully again.

Once you get booted up to your recovery of choice, you may now boot back into Android. You're done!

• jntdroid, lownslow200sx, DVDDave and 16 others like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#2 DonKilluminati

DonKilluminati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Thank you so much, about to try now

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Thank you so much, about to try now

Please report back as I have no test device. Let me know if there was any issues.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#4 DonKilluminati

DonKilluminati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hmm stock recovery still installed, going to try to run the bat again

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

stock recovery still installed? Really? That's weird.

#6 mrf582

mrf582

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

What is different about the Recovery you've posted here versus these?

Or this?

Does your script do this?

Go into the /system/etc folder, then rename the RECOVERY.SH file to something else (doesn’t matter what you name it).

#7 DonKilluminati

DonKilluminati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

stock recovery still installed? Really? That's weird.

I may be having a driver issue. Idk I'm going to play with it some more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#8 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

What is different about the Recovery you've posted here versus these?

Or this?

Does your script do this?

It's freshly compiled. Hashcode just make it today. I forgot about recovery.sh. Thank you. I'm gonna look into this

#9 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

It's freshly compiled. Hashcode just make it today. I forgot about recovery.sh. Thank you. I'm gonna look into this

LOL, Obviously I forgot as well... woops

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#10 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

LOL, Obviously I forgot as well... woops

Weird, I just got a PM from another user who said it worked just fine.

#11 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:@BionicMan_69
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

I just used this on my droid razr maxx hd and it worked just fine. No problems. Was able to reboot to twrp recovery. It worked for me. Thanks for the 1-click.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#12 DonKilluminati

DonKilluminati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Im obviously doing something wrong..how are you guys getting it to boot into TWRP?? Its been a while lol

#13 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

I just used this on my droid razr maxx hd and it worked just fine. No problems. Was able to reboot to twrp recovery. It worked for me. Thanks for the 1-click.

Even after more than 1 reboot? I can edit the script to rename the /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to something benign but I'd need more people to tell me if they're still having trouble. Doing this blind here.

#14 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Even after more than 1 reboot? I can edit the script to rename the /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to something benign but I'd need more people to tell me if they're still having trouble. Doing this blind here.

It don't hurt to just rename it, I cant test right now, but when booted is that file still in /system/etc/install-recovery.sh on reboot or in recovery and then a reboot?

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#15 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

question, would the Roms we have will still be working, i have wWidow and Fuzion?? if yes do we need to flash them again? should we uninstall safestrap after installing this one?

#16 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

I'm using the Holo Reboot app from the play store. Don't know how to link it here. But I reboot into twrp recovery with no problems. May check that app out. My rom don't have the reboot option built in.

#17 DonKilluminati

DonKilluminati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

Tried using that app, I just get the little green guy and the red ! triangle

#18 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

question, would the Roms we have will still be working, i have wWidow and Fuzion?? if yes do we need to flash them again? should we uninstall safestrap after installing this one?

No, none of the roms are ready for this yet. BUT, you can make a back up :)

And yeah, there's apps on the Play store, Holo Reboot, Quick Boot, etc that can boot you into recovery with a click. Or, I THINK if you power down and press and hold Power and vol + that should boot right into recovery. Also, if you boot into the bootloader, you can select Recovery from the menu instead of fastboot like you would do if you're flashing files.
  • Shenn likes this

#19 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCookeville, TN

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Yes still after more than one reboot. Its working fine for me.

#20 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Yes they WILL work!! you need to mount system before flash! this is the way the Dev edition have been flashing moto based roms!
  • tucstwo likes this

vtc.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, one click, razr hd, cwm, clockworkmod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users