n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Google+:sdeznutz
  • Locationso cal
  • Current Device(s):droid 3 ,raxr maxx HD 32gig

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

You shouldn't have both, It would be wise to remove SS before installing TWRP.

Let's break it down, you have SS installed in your system rom ( this is where we put the APK)

You flash in TWRP ( you are creating a new System Rom ) anything on the system is gone ( SS included )

Remember TWRP is creating new system files ( no safety net ) where in SS you created a slot rom that ran from your SD card.

I just have a few questions , thank you for any help in advance /coming from a droid 3 with bootstrap.

OK.. so now I am flashed  to page plus running 3g on 4.1.2 jb version 9.18.79 and everything is great

I used voodoo rootkeeper and motochoper 1.1 to get,  not {superuser the baby blue square with white pound sign } but Super SU ! which I find to be working wonderfully .

So finnaly the question: now knowing my device and whats current on it can I use utilities 1.21 version to unlock bootloader or should I just use motopocalypse ? yes I relize its the same program being run but in utilities ther is a way to get cwm or OUDHS either of the 2 I find much better and easier to use than twrp . So in closing what is my best action to just use the version 1.21 utilities and unlock bootloader and then do my custom recovery ? OR WILL THAT F UP MY FLASH TO PAGE PLUS AND SHOULD I STAY ON THE STOCK RECOVERY ? I only ask this because the help I received on this flash was superb ! and under build # {usually where the rom is listed it says who it was flashed by and her name is Dina she did a great job } well any info reguarding flashing a custom recovery from the current state my phone is in now would be very helpful

Simply put I don't want to risk losing my phone for a recovery or a rom , if that would be the trade off since I would be "flashing and using fastboot to do all this } I just need info please .

#202 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

I just have a few questions , thank you for any help in advance /coming from a droid 3 with bootstrap.

OK.. so now I am flashed  to page plus running 3g on 4.1.2 jb version 9.18.79 and everything is great

I used voodoo rootkeeper and motochoper 1.1 to get,  not {superuser the baby blue square with white pound sign } but Super SU ! which I find to be working wonderfully .

So finnaly the question: now knowing my device and whats current on it can I use utilities 1.21 version to unlock bootloader or should I just use motopocalypse ? yes I relize its the same program being run but in utilities ther is a way to get cwm or OUDHS either of the 2 I find much better and easier to use than twrp . So in closing what is my best action to just use the version 1.21 utilities and unlock bootloader and then do my custom recovery ? OR WILL THAT F UP MY FLASH TO PAGE PLUS AND SHOULD I STAY ON THE STOCK RECOVERY ? I only ask this because the help I received on this flash was superb ! and under build # {usually where the rom is listed it says who it was flashed by and her name is Dina she did a great job } well any info reguarding flashing a custom recovery from the current state my phone is in now would be very helpful

Simply put I don't want to risk losing my phone for a recovery or a rom , if that would be the trade off since I would be "flashing and using fastboot to do all this } I just need info please .

That system version is the latest OTA, and it's not unlockable.  Sorry, you're stuck with only root, for now. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#203 Moonrakerone

Moonrakerone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO.
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hey ROMmers, not much to do this holiday weekend so thinking it's time to take the plunge again.

In the past I've been turned off from custom roms due to either:

Unstable wifi connectivity

Lack of bluetooth audio functionality

or

Unable to turn off the charge light.

Will I be pleased by any of the current ROMs?

#204 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Im rage 2.1 its a stock based 4.1.2 rom debloated. Not a bunch 9f custom stuff but everything works and its fast. Ive tried all the other 4.2.2. - 4.2.3 roms all were missing something. Its better thsn stock and works there is some customization in its future.

#205 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Cm released rc1 so you could try that, most 4.2 and 4.3 ROMs are dam near fully functional

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#206 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hey ROMmers, not much to do this holiday weekend so thinking it's time to take the plunge again.

In the past I've been turned off from custom roms due to either:

Unstable wifi connectivity

Lack of bluetooth audio functionality

or

Unable to turn off the charge light.

Will I be pleased by any of the current ROMs?

CM10.1 is a pretty solid bet to fit your needs.  BT works and No Light when Charging.  Woohoo!!  Went back to Skrilax CM10.1 8/8 Nightly after trying several other ROMs and it is solid.  They released RC1 a couple of days ago and it will likely be the way to go.

BTW -- anyone know if you can dirty-flash the CM10.1 RC1 over Skrilax CM10.1 Nighlty??  Is a Flash with only cache and dalvik cache wipe, OK??  

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#207 Moonrakerone

Moonrakerone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

Any discussions on the official builds? The cm forums are a ghost town.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#208 Andeh

Andeh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

OK.  Now that we finally have BT and 4.2.2 ROMs working (Yea!!), I've got one really nagging issue that I hope someone has a fix for ...

How do i STOP auto-start of music playing when the phone pairs with my car system!!  It has done it with every 4.2.2 ROM I have tried.  If I have the car stereo on and then enable BT on my phone, all is good.  But if I already have BT enabled on the phone, it just starts playing music as soon as the phone auto-pairs with the system.  AUTO-PLAY is disabled on the car stereo (Ford MyTouch Sync).  I've Googled and it seems that I am not the only one experiencing this issue -- several others with various audio systems are experiencing the same thing.  On CM10 w/ Apollo, the Apollo player starts playing.  Tried disabling Apollo and then it auto-started stock Player,  Geez.  I don't want to disable all my music players!!

Any uber-geniuses got it sorted out?

It's an Android problem, been around since like 2.2, and they refused to fix it because they were delaying a Bluetooth overhaul.  Do you know if it's still present on 4.3?  I have the same problem with a 2013 Toyota Tacoma, with up to CM10.1 (4.2.2).  The best fix I've found is to install the free app Media Button Router, which intercepts "media button clicks" (apparently whenever you switch to BT audio in your car, it sends a "click").  However, I think this then effectively disables controlling your phone's music player via car's controls.  If you find something that works better, please let me know!

#209 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

OK.  This is probably a oft asked question and I hope it does not start a flurry of "Google is your friend" type responses, but I felt I should ask this of our fine community of users ...

I am running a seemingly solid CM 4.2.2 ROM and have tried various ither 4.2.2-based ROMS.  Some good.  Some not so good.  So, with the intro of several 4.3 ROMs, I must ask the question, why?  Why move to  a 4.3 ROM. What features / benefits can one expect to derive by makimg the move to 4.3?  What are the key drivers to consider a move?

Be gentle!!   :D

Thanks!

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#210 trebills

trebills

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Anyone know if there is a jellybam ROM out there for three xt926? Of so link please and if not anyone interested in porting it?

sent from my RAZR Maxx HD

VPYxJ21.png

#211 Moonrakerone

Moonrakerone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO.

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

Yes, it's over on xda.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• dvgb131 likes this

#212 pazuzuftw

pazuzuftw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

Does anyone know if you can just run the upgrade for a version of cyanogenmod from 10.1 to 10.2 without having to do a brand new flash with new gapps? 

#213 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

You need to flash updated gapps or you'll be in force close city

• RikRong likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#214 pazuzuftw

pazuzuftw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

You need to flash updated gapps or you'll be in force close city

OK cool thanks!

#215 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

OK guys sorry about this but I have asked this question in the right spot but it's not been answered for a long time. I've noticed it's been asked in here about TWRP SS and CWM. My question is I'm using twrp 2.5 there is an update for it to 2.6.1 if I update it does any body know if it will affect my backups? or will I have to re backup them in 2.6.1? Thank you...

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#216 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

All I can say is I havent had any problems after updating to 2.6.0.0 havent seen 2.6.1

• RikRong likes this

#217 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

I've never had a problem restoring backups from different version of TWRP.  However, CWM and TWRP will not work with each other.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#218 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

All I can say is I havent had any problems after updating to 2.6.0.0 havent seen 2.6.1

Sorry typo. 1 is ten from 0   :o

EDIT Thank you....

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#219 Cnasseri

Cnasseri

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hey guys,

Im running a Razr Maxx HD with the latest TWRP. I have tried almost every 4.3 ROM, and none of them have working radios. I have been getting absolutely zero signal since i flashed out of 4.1.2. I have read that it is a frequency issue, but other people say the roms work just fine. Is there anything I can do to get my phone working like a phone again?

#220 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

A lot of guys are going back to 4.1.2 for that and other reasons there is no sorce for 4.2 or 4.3 yet

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users