320 replies to this topic

#161 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

Sure can, although I think the USB issue has been resolved for a bit now. Haven't had that issue in some time.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Moonrakerone likes this

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#162 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Set phone on my AC charger for a bit and then connected to the computer USB cable.  It was recognized and allowed me to open and browse Internal Storage and SD Card.  No problems there.  Also verified that the missed call / re-dial issue is not occurring.  So far, so good.  

Think I'll give this a more thorough test and give the other CM10.1-based ROMs a few days and try them again.  Looking forward to trying uXylon and AOKP.

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#163 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

Well ...

Voice Search appears to be broken on Skrilax CM10.1 - 7/28..  DAMMIT!!!!   :/

EDIT:  Never mind.  A fix permissions resolved that.  All appears to be right w/ the world again.   :D

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#164 Moonrakerone

Moonrakerone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO.
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Awesome, thanks for the update! Looks like I'll have to take the plunge soon, I like your idea of waiting for some of the fancier roms to update.

#165 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

Sure can, although I think the USB issue has been resolved for a bit now. Haven't had that issue in some time.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

(This can't be run from safestrap with a locked bootloader right?) Never mind. I found in cm10 thread I would have to be unlocked.

#166 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

Skrilax CM10.1 -- 7/28 is a no-go for me.  While it looked very promising, inbound calls do not answer via BT and then you cannot return the call until you re-boot.  :/

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#167 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

Skrilax CM10.1 -- 7/28 is a no-go for me.  While it looked very promising, inbound calls do not answer via BT and then you cannot return the call until you re-boot.  :/

You big tease you got us all excited lol. Thanks for trying bud.

#168 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

You big tease you got us all excited lol. Thanks for trying bud.

So close ...

I'm now on 7/30 build and will update.

UPDATE -- 7/30 seems to have resolved the inbound call issue.  I'll shake it out more later and report back.

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#169 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Only glitch I have found so far is that phone will not pair with BT when WiFi is on.  Turn off WiFi, Pair, and then you can turn it back on.  I can live with that -- especially since I have no WiFi in the Car and that is where I use BT!!   :D

Geez.  Just realized this is not the CM10.1 / 4.22 Report Bugs thread.  Oh well.  I'm sure someone will find these posts.  :blink:   

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#170 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

I*ll rephrase a question I asked that was ignored. Do ANY current custom roms work in a rooted locked hd with safestrap? If so which ones?

#171 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

You should be able to use any rom that is based on the kernel you are on in the stock slot depending on what version of safe you are on.

#172 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

But since I'm on . 79 I don't think any roms use that kernel right?

#173 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

Are you on 4.1.2

#174 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

If you read most of the new roms say you must have un locked bootloader. You may be able to flash old ones like Nesque ones that were around before we un locked. All the others require a recovery (custom) you only have stock and safe.

#175 hackthis25

hackthis25

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

My boot loader is locked, I'm using ss 3.12, and so far eclipse and rage HD roms work awesome! Just test ROM files out..if they don't boot..reboot, wipe, and install something else.. I find it interesting that some roms will say"must have unlocked boot loader" yet they really don't need it...lol
I've specifically decided not to unlock the boot loader due to how many damn times I've used my warranty for replacement phones...I'm on the fourth cnlr... So we'll see and sit tight for a few months....

#176 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

My boot loader is locked, I'm using ss 3.12, and so far eclipse and rage HD roms work awesome! Just test ROM files out..if they don't boot..reboot, wipe, and install something else.. I find it interesting that some roms will say"must have unlocked boot loader" yet they really don't need it...lol
I've specifically decided not to unlock the boot loader due to how many damn times I've used my warranty for replacement phones...I'm on the fourth cnlr... So we'll see and sit tight for a few months....

My concern is that trying to install a rom designed for unlocked bootloaders could brick my phone. Have you tried any aosp roms?

#177 hackthis25

hackthis25

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

it seems you haven't played with safe strap recovery..you see once that's installed you really are"safe", as long as you don't mess around with the stock ROM... but I'm still on 9.16.9 firmware... i haven't updated to what you are on..so I'm not sure if you can even install safe strap...if you can, then you have no worries..try it out!!
btw, the eclipse ROM is aosp if I'm not mistaken...

#178 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

My concern is that trying to install a rom designed for unlocked bootloaders could brick my phone. Have you tried any aosp roms?

If you set up and flash an aftermarket ROM in one of the slots, you'll be safe. If it doesn't boot, reboot phone, go into SS menu, delete slot, and start over. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#179 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

it seems you haven't played with safe strap recovery..you see once that's installed you really are"safe", as long as you don't mess around with the stock ROM... but I'm still on 9.16.9 firmware... i haven't updated to what you are on..so I'm not sure if you can even install safe strap...if you can, then you have no worries..try it out!!
btw, the eclipse ROM is aosp if I'm not mistaken...

There is an aosp eclipse and a built from 4.1.2 eclipse. Im curious which one works but I suspect it is the built from stock version. I

#180 PogoTheMonkey

PogoTheMonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID MAXX Developer Edition

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

pure android 4.2 rom

So I found this last night

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Very interesting. It mentions a data error and when I flashed in I got no service. Any one know why? I would love stock 4.2 on my device if someone more experienced could getting this to a usable base. Aiming with standard root acess and cell service would be nice :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users