• Please log in to reply
1285 replies to this topic

#41 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

oh and if people ever do run into data problems ( toggle not working ).. boot into recovery and Wipe cache partition and then wipe dalvik cache under Advanced.. then reboot! it will be like the first time you booted after the install, 4g should connect right up!!!!! but the data is pretty damn good imo in black widow! my friends place is on the ocean, service isn't the greatest out there for his bionic or the iphone4s, thy get 1bar in 3g and if I'm not getting 1 or 2 bars in 4g.. i have 4 bars in 3g! anyways just a useful tip to regain data if it ever drops and can't get it back.. shoots!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yes, data is good. Will you still need to apply the new (corrected) MotoSimUiHelper.apk?

#42 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

Yes, data is good. Will you still need to apply the new (corrected) MotoSimUiHelper.apk?

nothing is wrong with MotoSimUiHelper.apk in my ROM.

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#43 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:40 AM

I haven't had any data issues or wifi issues. Been great since first boot for me. Using Bootstrap v2.
  • andlaw likes this

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#44 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

nothing is wrong with MotoSimUiHelper.apk in my ROM.

Sounds good, I didn't know... just thought it was a bug that was just discovered in the last day or so.

#45 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

I haven't had any data issues or wifi issues. Been great since first boot for me. Using Bootstrap v2.

Same here... data is good with both Bootstrap v2 and SafeStrap 1.09.
  • andlaw likes this

#46 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

Sounds good, I didn't know... just thought it was a bug that was just discovered in the last day or so.

you must have seen my post over on the hive. yes i found a bug in the motosimuihelper, but it doesnt effect my ROM.

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#47 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:johndpackard
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

So has anyone who was getting the install aborted error find a solution?
I want to play around with this rom!!!!

Droid Razr on Verizon

#48 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

So has anyone who was getting the install aborted error find a solution?
I want to play around with this rom!!!!

your on the Droid RAZR/maxx, xt912/xt916, running system 173, on either Safestrap 1.08, safestrap 1.09, or bootstrap v2? What are your exact methods for trying to flash, and what is the error your getting and when does it happen.
also i am in chat for right now, if you want to hop in and can try to figure it out a little easier, option is yours!

Posted Image

#49 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:johndpackard
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

your on the Droid RAZR/maxx, xt912/xt916, running system 173, on either Safestrap 1.08, safestrap 1.09, or bootstrap v2? What are your exact methods for trying to flash, and what is the error your getting and when does it happen.
also i am in chat for right now, if you want to hop in and can try to figure it out a little easier, option is yours!

I am at work now and should finish up here soon. I will get all the info then. I just got to put the phone aside for a few and actually get it done.
Droid Razr on Verizon

#50 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

Custom Launcher Icons (seen in screenshot #2, Two custom wallpapers, and my Apex Launcher 'back-ups' for apex/desktop settings can be downloaded from

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

! This does Not get flashed in recovery!!! simply download and extract! you can place the images in your sdcard/download, and apex backups will go here- sdcard/android/data/apexlauncher.

Posted Image

#51 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

I've tried several times flashing this rom. On Safestrap 1.09. MD5 Checks out. Wiped Data/Cache/Davlik/Formatted System. Installation aborted. Answers? There has to be a reason... But it doesn't appear i'm doing anything wrong. . .
  • bacox76 likes this

#52 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

I know most people trust MD5 verifications, I guess they should. However, if the input file is corrupted, you still match MD5 sums with your download. What I do with every download is simply trying to unzip it. If a zip file is corrupted, it will err when unzipping it. At least, that's my way of verifying that I downloaded a valid zip file. Could it be the input file at mediafire is corrupted?

#53 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

I know most people trust MD5 verifications, I guess they should. However, if the input file is corrupted, you still match MD5 sums with your download. What I do with every download is simply trying to unzip it. If a zip file is corrupted, it will err when unzipping it. At least, that's my way of verifying that I downloaded a valid zip file. Could it be the input file at mediafire is corrupted?

Tried that too.

#54 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

Tried that too.

Did it unzip?

#55 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

Did it unzip?

Yeah, with no problems

#56 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

I've tried several times flashing this rom. On Safestrap 1.09. MD5 Checks out. Wiped Data/Cache/Davlik/Formatted System. Installation aborted. Answers? There has to be a reason... But it doesn't appear i'm doing anything wrong. . .

same here will not install

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • bacox76 likes this

#57 jcs334

jcs334

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

Same here i tried with Safestrap, bootstrap and tried to SBF back to 173 sill no go....
  • bacox76 likes this

#58 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Just for kicks, tonight I may download the current zip and see if I can flash that. I know the one I downloaded on day one works fine. I just flashed it twice just now to test, in both Safestrap and Bootstrap.

#59 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Just for kicks, tonight I may download the current zip and see if I can flash that. I know the one I downloaded on day one works fine. I just flashed it twice just now to test, in both Safestrap and Bootstrap.

Ok, I just downloaded the ROM, and it's different than what I downloaded yesterday. I don't know if this would make any difference but these are the things I found:

1) The file sizes are not the same. I went further and extracted the 2 zip files, many of the APKs are not of same size.
2) This maybe more critical. The new ROM-BlackWidow.zip file is actually embedded in one folder deeper (does that make sense?).

#60 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

for those that are geting the issue update aborted here it is again

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

i have the folder structure corrected till he gets it up and running the way he wants it :D
same steps as he has in the OP
  • andlaw and altroy like this
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DARK AOKP, DROID RAZR/MAXX, ICS 4.0.4, Spyder, Custom ROM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users