Photo
- - - - -

[Utility]Recovery Flasher for Unlocked Bootloader Razr M V6 [1 Click] - {UPDATED 7-11-13} (Latest Recoveries)

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

We are in new territory here now. The days of bootstrap recoveries are over. It's time now to FINALLY be rid of that silly old Motorola Recovery.

How? I'm going to show you. It's quite easy. All you need to do is download this nifty little tool I made for you and it's easy as click.

Just make sure you've got your drivers installed, USB debugging is enabled and that you have UNZIPPED this package BEFORE you run it.

Be

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Download Link Below
Unzip
Plug in Phone
Hit "Run"
????
Profit

Click to

Thank you all for your help

If you do not want to one click this. I will now explain to you how it works and you can try it on your own. I want to help teach you guys how to do this as well as not give you...er bad help.

For the sake of saving time, I will provide you with a copy of ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) so you do not have to go through the time of downloading the entire

. Place it on your desktop and UNZIP it. However, should you wish to learn how to properly install and set up the Android SDK, please

Also, on the quest to save time. I have zipped up and will include all 3 recoveries for you.

. Unzip those and place all 3 into the ADB folder you just unzipped.

Next, I would like you to press and hold Shift and RIGHT click on the ADB folder. Select from the contextual menu "Open Command window here". This will open a command line for you, already browsed to the folder on your desktop. Now, the easy part.

Ensure you're phone is plugged into your computer, that you have all the necessary drivers installed and that USB debugging mode it ticked in Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging.

Now we will run some commands and I will tell you what they do. So let's start with killing an previously running ADB deamon that may already be running:

Next, we will connect to your device:

If it hangs at this point, then you are having communication issues with your PC. Check your drivers, your wire, or untick and then retick Usb debugging. If we want to be doubly sure you can run

If you are given what looks like a serial number, then we are indeed connected. If it just says "List of Devices" but no serial number, you are not connected, go back a step.

Now, we need to start communicating with the shell on your phone. And we are going to want to be running as root so we can complete the process. So next we will type

You may be prompted with a Superuser prompt on your phone, Grant it permission. You will now be met with a new prompt something like root@android:/# We will then move on and mount /system, remember, no ADB prefix to these commands:

Now, depending on what ROM you are on, some people had trouble with the recovery removing a script that motorola puts in place to over write any custom recoveries you may flash. So we are going to get rid of this file before we move forward.

Also, the "Patch" that is stored on your phone that the aforementioned script would have flashed to erase your custom recovery

Ok, now that that's gone we need to back out of shell and get back to your windows CMD line. (Note, depending on your set up, you may need to run the exit code twice. Once to get out of SU and again to completely exit shell. If you are back to your original C:\user\me\desktop\ADB prompt then there is no need to exit again or you will close you Windows CMD. So:

Ok, We are going to put the recovery of your choosing into a temporary location until we're ready to flash it. Keep in mind, you will need to use the name of the recovery you intend to flash. So if its CWM you're pushing cwmrecovery, if it's Team Win, then it's twrprecovery and if it's stock Motorola then it will be motorecovery. I will use CWM in my example, you just need to change the name so it reflects the recovery you are trying to flash.

It will proceed to tell you how long it took. Tip, if it says no such file or command, this means that the recovery of your choosing is not in the ADB folder that we put on your desktop. So now, we will flash it. but first back into shell

Followed with:

Clean up our mess:

And back out (2x's only if needed)

Lastly, we reboot into recovery for confirmation

And we kill our ADB daemon:

Finished!

If you're really feeling brazen and are only using a Moto, Nexus, or HTC device. You could use fastboot to achieve the same deal. I find it to be a lot more work. But others for some reason find it to be easier. IDK? Anyway download the same set of 

. Only this time you will need an additional package that includes not only ADB files but also the Fastboot binary.

UNZIP this to your desktop and place the recovery images into this folder!

Next, I would like you to press and hold Shift and RIGHT click on the ADB-Fastboot folder. Select from the contextual menu "Open Command window here". This will open a command line for you, already browsed to the folder on your desktop. Now, the easy part.

Ensure you're phone is plugged into your computer, that you have all the necessary drivers installed and that USB debugging mode it ticked in Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging.

Next, we will connect to your device:

If it hangs at this point, then you are having communication issues with your PC. Check your drivers, your wire, or untick and then retick Usb debugging. If we want to be doubly sure you can run

If you are given what looks like a serial number, then we are indeed connected. If it just says "List of Devices" but no serial number, you are not connected, go back a step.

Now, we need to start communicating with the shell on your phone. And we are going to want to be running as root so we can complete the process. So next we will type

You may be prompted with a Superuser prompt on your phone, Grant it permission. You will now be met with a new prompt something like root@android:/# We will then move on and mount /system, remember, no ADB prefix to these commands:

Now, depending on what ROM you are on, some people had trouble with the recovery removing a script that motorola puts in place to over write any custom recoveries you may flash. So we are going to get rid of this file before we move forward.

Also, the "Patch" that is stored on your phone that the aforementioned script would have flashed to erase your custom recovery

Ok, now that that's gone we need to back out of shell and get back to your windows CMD line. (Note, depending on your set up, you may need to run the exit code twice. Once to get out of SU and again to completely exit shell. If you are back to your original C:\user\me\desktop\ADB prompt then there is no need to exit again or you will close you Windows CMD. So:

From this point on, we need to be sure that the recovery of our choice is in our " C:\Users\me\desktop\ADB-Fastboot\ " folder. It's now time to reboot into our bootloader.

We will now issue 2 commands, one after the other to flash the new recovery. Again, I will use Clockworkmod as my example, but you will need to replace the commands with the recovery of your choosing.

Next we will reboot our bootloader

When this is finished, power down your device.
Next press and hold, Power & VOL- to boot ur phone up to the bootloader selection menu. From here, use Vol - to highlight "Recovery" and Vol + to select it. It is vital that you go into your new recovery BEFORE you boot up your device fully again.

Once you get booted up to your recovery of choice, you may now boot back into Android. You're done!

• marxman3, stealthmouse, shane1 and 2 others like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#2 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

that seems way to lengthy for me lol I just use fastboot much quicker much easier in my opinion you should add that option for this tutorial too

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#3 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

that seems way to lengthy for me lol I just use fastboot much quicker much easier in my opinion you should add that option for this tutorial too

Edited your post. There was no reason to quote a lengthy OP in the 2nd post
  • jimyv and shane1 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#4 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Edited your post. There was no reason to quote a lengthy OP in the 2nd post

my bad lol sorry

• Memnoch73 and shane1 like this

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Using fastboot is actually more steps. I could add all that too it, but it envolves a whole lot more commands.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#6 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Using fastboot is actually more steps. I could add all that too it, but it envolves a whole lot more commands.

all I have to do is fastboot flash recovery [recovery.img]

#7 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

all I have to do is fastboot flash recovery [recovery.img]

Both Methods Posted
  • shane1 and brandon71 like this

#8 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

All you do is plug in your phone and hit run.bat . Everything after that is of you don't want to do the 1 click

After you unzip of course
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#9 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

i also noticed alot of people having problems not realizing that flashing cm10 replaces your stock boot.img and therefore wont let you flash a stock rom without flashing a stock boot.img

#10 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

I tried to flash TWRP with the utility. Trying to get back into recovery it just stays on the unlocked bootloader warning screen

#11 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

i also noticed alot of people having problems not realizing that flashing cm10 replaces your stock boot.img and therefore wont let you flash a stock rom without flashing a stock boot.img

Yeah, we all need to unlearn all the old methods of flashing about ROMs. Most people are accustomed to flashing a stock ROM through recovery. What needs to happen for everyone now is they need to flash boot and system imgs in fastboot if they want to go back to stock.

#12 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

Yeah, we all need to unlearn all the old methods of flashing about ROMs. Most people are accustomed to flashing a stock ROM through recovery. What needs to happen for everyone now is they need to flash boot and system imgs in fastboot if they want to go back to stock.

yea I didn't know the first time I flashed cm10 and I ended up using matts utility to go back to stock haha

#13 acordill

acordill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/@acordill
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/J90Lv
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I tried to flash TWRP with the utility. Trying to get back into recovery it just stays on the unlocked bootloader warning screen

ame problem here.
HoB 246 (Thanks to SamuriHL) running Icarus Hd 1.0 (Thanks to Jp1044 and T3T3Droid)

#14 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

ame problem here.

turn phone off and when the screen goes black hold down all three buttons gotta do it fast or it will just try to boot again

#15 wapiti_j

wapiti_j

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Current Device(s):nexus7, razrm

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

I couldn't seem to get twrp to work. I did manage to get cwm working so it's good. Any thoughts?

#16 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

turn phone off and when the screen goes black hold down all three buttons gotta do it fast or it will just try to boot again

Tried that, it just sits at the warning screen, won't even boot the phone. I installed a 2.3.2.3 twrp version that doesn't get hung up after backup either. Works fine

Sent from my DROID Razr M on Tapatalk!

#17 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

I couldn't seem to get twrp to work. I did manage to get cwm working so it's good. Any thoughts?

which version did you try to flash?

#18 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Tried that, it just sits at the warning screen, won't even boot the phone. I installed a 2.3.2.3 twrp version that doesn't get hung up after backup either. Works fine

Sent from my DROID Razr M on Tapatalk!

that's the version I'm on

#19 wapiti_j

wapiti_j

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Current Device(s):nexus7, razrm

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

which version did you try to flash?

The version in the tool. However I am on CWM now so that is good.

More important issue, however. I have lost the ability to charge. I was rooted running safestrap and the energy rom 3/18/13. Once I unlocked the bootloader, I get an exclamation point over my battery in the status bar and it will not charge on wall charger. Only charges when connected to usb very, slowly. I cannot seem to re-flash the energy rom while on recovery. I get "unable to flash energy_ROM_RAZRM_03.14.2013.zip" reason "error".

Interestingly. The charging issue cleared itself up. I must have disconnected it during some process. A reboot while attached to the pc has now fixed it. The exclamation point is gone, and it charges on both wall and pc. Weird.

#20 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

The version in the tool. However I am on CWM now so that is good.

More important issue, however. I have lost the ability to charge. I was rooted running safestrap and the energy rom 3/18/13. Once I unlocked the bootloader, I get an exclamation point over my battery in the status bar and it will not charge on wall charger. Only charges when connected to usb very, slowly. I cannot seem to re-flash the energy rom while on recovery. I get "unable to flash energy_ROM_RAZRM_03.14.2013.zip" reason "error".

Interestingly. The charging issue cleared itself up. I must have disconnected it during some process. A reboot while attached to the pc has now fixed it. The exclamation point is gone, and it charges on both wall and pc. Weird.

it has a mind of its own haha I get an error trying to flash trippin beam but the charging thing is odd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users