Photo
- - - - -

[Utility]Recovery Flasher for Unlocked Bootloader Razr M V6 [1 Click] - {UPDATED 7-11-13} (Latest Recoveries)

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Actually no, I just confirmed. The TWRP included in version 1 and 2 was the same 2.4 TWRP that Hash uploaded on 4/8. The one that's "buggy". Only difference was that my version of it had a mismatched MD5 sum with what Hash uploaded. So even if this copy is buggy, it's at least WHAT Hash made and not a corrupt version.

If you want, PM me a link to that please and I will include it. Thanks a lot

ah he has updated it i think im gonna reflash it and see if it works for me

Edit: nope flashed the one from hashes goo.im and its 2.4alpha

#42 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

ah he has updated it i think im gonna reflash it and see if it works for me

Edit: nope flashed the one from hashes goo.im and its 2.4alpha

Ok, so can you please PM me the older version you have so I can update these packages with the older version so I can give folks a choice. The OLDEST version I have is from back in Feb, and its still this same version. I can't dig up 2.3.2.3 ANYWHERE

• brandon71 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#43 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

i sent you a pm didnt you get it?

#44 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

Cannot get the stock recovery to reflash, it always boots into the dead android with exclamation.  I tried with Fastboot and with this recovery flasher.  Not sure what the problem is because it will flash TWRP no issues

#45 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

Cannot get the stock recovery to reflash, it always boots into the dead android with exclamation.  I tried with Fastboot and with this recovery flasher.  Not sure what the problem is because it will flash TWRP no issues

The dead android with the exclamation point IS stock recovery ;)
  • shane1 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#46 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:@GillRigged
  • LocationNW WI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Droid RAZR M

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

UPDATED 4/20/13 - Replaced TWRP. Hopefully this will help those with boot up errors.

UPDATED 4/20/13 22:29 EDT - Added in TWRP 2.3.2.3 and retained TWRP 2.4 Alpha (fixed from Ver 1/2) Thanks to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for supplying me with the older TWRP. Try the newer 2.4 TWRP, if you find it too buggy, you now have the option to flash TWRP 2.3.2.3.

I noticed on the 2.4.0.0alpha when running a complete backup on everything that after displaying the total amount time it took it gets stuck and says "Generating md5". Then when going back to the backup recovery backup is not there. However, if I just backup recovery separately it works just fine. Thought you might want to know this.

#47 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

The update still fails, on the bionic I was able to get into stock recovery and navigate the menu, is the M different?

Sent from my DROID Razr M

#48 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

The update still fails, on the bionic I was able to get into stock recovery and navigate the menu, is the M different?

No, it's the same method. What does the failure say?

#49 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hold volume down and tap volume up when on the dead robot screen.  This will get you into the menu, if it was loaded correctly. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#50 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hold volume down and tap volume up when on the dead robot screen.  This will get you into the menu, if it was loaded correctly. 

Thanks I may try this.

#51 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Omg, lol. Yeah this guys issue went right over my head. I'm sorry, i thought everyone kinda knew that you need to tap both volume buttons to get the menu up. I'm sorry, i could have solved this problem 5 posts back. Derp. Lol my bad
  • RikRong likes this

#52 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Omg, lol. Yeah this guys issue went right over my head. I'm sorry, i thought everyone kinda knew that you need to tap both volume buttons to get the menu up. I'm sorry, i could have solved this problem 5 posts back. Derp. Lol my bad

I wasnt sure what the procedure was, nor was i sure that it was even flashing correctly, don't be sorry, I was trying to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong

• RikRong likes this

#53 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

I am also a der der....I had modified battery icon done with Razr M toolbox, needed to go back to stock to get update to go through....its past verifying current system and on to patching system files

UPDATE: Installed update through stock recovery, it said something failed, set parm., installation aborted. guess i need to use matts to go back to 4.1.1

#54 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

I am also a der der....I had modified battery icon done with Razr M toolbox, needed to go back to stock to get update to go through....its past verifying current system and on to patching system files

UPDATE: Installed update through stock recovery, it said something failed, set parm., installation aborted. guess i need to use matts to go back to 4.1.1

That's what I had to end up doing

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#55 Deacon

Deacon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

twrp 2.3 works without flaw 2.4 is buggy as hell.

#56 coleam

coleam

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto XT907

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hm, I'm thinking this is incompatible with 4.1.2.  I've got bootloader unlocked, USB debugging enabled, proper drivers installed, everything.  When I select an option in the utility and try to run it, I get a message saying "mount:operation not permitted," and my phone boots to the stock recovery screen.  Rebooting the phone from there works just fine, so I don't have to re-flash, but this tool refuses to work.

#57 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Hm, I'm thinking this is incompatible with 4.1.2.  I've got bootloader unlocked, USB debugging enabled, proper drivers installed, everything.  When I select an option in the utility and try to run it, I get a message saying "mount:operation not permitted," and my phone boots to the stock recovery screen.  Rebooting the phone from there works just fine, so I don't have to re-flash, but this tool refuses to work.

I've gotten it to work I flashed back to 4.1.1 the other day while I was on 4.1.2

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#58 s.dubs

s.dubs

Team Rage Developer

• Developer
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter:@sdubs317
  • Locationcuse
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

I need a little guidance here...I'm on 4.1.1 and want to update to 4.1.2.  I'm unlocked, running eclipse rom, and manually installed cwm recovery.  I believe I have to go back to stock img to update to 4.1.2 but here lies my issue.  Again I'm doing this manually and not with the tool, just how I like to do things.  Device is connected and recognized by ADB, but once I type adb shell su and get the prompt that says root@scorpion_mini:/ # it won't let me type anything into the command window.  I had no issues at all when I put cwm on it.  I even tried on a different computer thinking my crappy netbook was just being a POS at the moment but same thing.  I would just use the utility but am afraid of bricking if there's an issue that I'm just not realizing.  Any thought guys?

Nvm, man I feel stupid, figured it out though.  Had to first enter shell with adb shell then enter su with su

Help Support & Donate!

#59 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Updated OP to include Matts most up to date version of CWM, 6.0.3.2  :)

• shane1 likes this

#60 Senju

Senju

Veteran Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAyer Ma.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

thank you!!!!!

• tucstwo likes this

Say what now?!? :huh: