GoCliffGo05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:GoCliffGo
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD Developer Edition, N7, X2

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Sounds like you still have stock recovery. Are you sure you renamed the recovery.sh file?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

#22 spartandmd

spartandmd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

It's 2 separate exploits you need. The root exploit is just that. Once rooted you can use the bootloader exploit. This thread pertains to getting TWRP on your device.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

my bad, i thought the motochopper gave root AND unlocked bootloader. i can't seem to find the independent bootloader exploit though?

#23 spartandmd

spartandmd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

my bad, i thought the motochopper gave root AND unlocked bootloader. i can't seem to find the independent bootloader exploit though?

#24 dobbsjacobs

dobbsjacobs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Nothing will let me change the name. File Explorer, Astro, etc. I definitely have Superuser loaded.......

#25 dobbsjacobs

dobbsjacobs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Ok, finally got that file renamed, and still getting Angry Android penis..........

#26 dobbsjacobs

dobbsjacobs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Ah, good. Angry penis finally went away. You know, having had this phone for 6 months it made me forget all the Android tricks I knew from my previous HTC and Samsung phones. Apparently I am rusty. Damn Verizon and Motorola.

#27 Tomsg123

Tomsg123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Ah, good. Angry penis finally went away. You know, having had this phone for 6 months it made me forget all the Android tricks I knew from my previous HTC and Samsung phones. Apparently I am rusty. Damn Verizon and Motorola.

Thanks this Angry Penis comment really gave me a good laugh.

#28 spartandmd

spartandmd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

It's 2 separate exploits you need. The root exploit is just that. Once rooted you can use the bootloader exploit. This thread pertains to getting TWRP on your device.

thanks!

#29 spartandmd

spartandmd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

http://youtu.be/CKneYkGqp_A
Video on how to install TWRP with these steps for Noobs

thanks for the video. any idea why i might be getting stuck at "sending 'recovery'"? won't proceed to "writing" or further...

#30 Tomsg123

Tomsg123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

thanks for the video. any idea why i might be getting stuck at "sending 'recovery'"? won't proceed to "writing" or further...

Do you have a unlocked bootloader and root? also are your fastboot files up to date?
  • BigRob likes this

#31 spartandmd

spartandmd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Do you have a unlocked bootloader and root? also are your fastboot files up to date?

yes on bootloader and root. following instructions from the video, using the fastboot files from the motopocalypse utility folder

#32 Tomsg123

Tomsg123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

yes on bootloader and root. following instructions from the video, using the fastboot files from the motopocalypse utility folder

That is funny are you sure you typed the command right? and did you do a fastboot devices command first to make sure the device is working?

#33 spartandmd

spartandmd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

That is funny are you sure you typed the command right? and did you do a fastboot devices command first to make sure the device is working?

yea i did, and it says "sending 'recovery' (7428 KB)" but doesn't proceed to the next step. tried a new copy of the twrp file listed, and a restart of the phone and did the whole process a few times. oh well, not so urgent that it needs to be done asap. just so pumped about rooting and unlocking this phone that i thought would always be stuck with stock!

#34 Tomsg123

Tomsg123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

yea i did, and it says "sending 'recovery' (7428 KB)" but doesn't proceed to the next step. tried a new copy of the twrp file listed, and a restart of the phone and did the whole process a few times. oh well, not so urgent that it needs to be done asap. just so pumped about rooting and unlocking this phone that i thought would always be stuck with stock!

try a different USB port some times that fiixes it.
  • spartandmd likes this

#35 spartandmd

spartandmd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

try a different USB port some times that fiixes it.

that did it. funny story, that USB port seems to work just enough to get the root and bootloader unlock completed, but perhaps not enough to charge as well. battery died right after my last post. phone kept rebooting saying flash failure. felt some bile rising in throat. then i saw your post, switched to a different port, and voila no problems. who has two thumbs and is relieved? this guy.... thanks again you rock!

#36 Tomsg123

Tomsg123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

that did it. funny story, that USB port seems to work just enough to get the root and bootloader unlock completed, but perhaps not enough to charge as well. battery died right after my last post. phone kept rebooting saying flash failure. felt some bile rising in throat. then i saw your post, switched to a different port, and voila no problems. who has two thumbs and is relieved? this guy.... thanks again you rock!

LOL great story. Yeah where theirs a will theirs a way. Just keep trying :-)

#37 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

Lol yeah. Cables and ports are often overlooked.

• Tomsg123 likes this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#38 y2kbadbug

y2kbadbug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Is it suppose to recognize as an XT925 on a XT926 phone?

For the record I reinstalled the driver on my pc and that fixed it

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#39 kevrobster

kevrobster

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wi
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Max HD

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

So I can't seem to rename the install-recovery.sh file. Every time I rename it, it changes right back to it's original name. I've tried  ES File Explorer, and Root File Manager and both do the same exact thing. Any thoughts??

Droid Razr Maxx HD, OTA 4.1.2, Rooted, bootloader unlocked.

#40 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

So I can't seem to rename the install-recovery.sh file. Every time I rename it, it changes right back to it's original name. I've tried  ES File Explorer, and Root File Manager and both do the same exact thing. Any thoughts??

Droid Razr Maxx HD, OTA 4.1.2, Rooted, bootloader unlocked.

Use the new DROID RAZR HD 1.20 Utility to install Recovery (TWRP or CWM) and it will automate the process. Might be worth a shot.

• tmyinc and Tomsg123 like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users