#1 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

POPULAR

Thanks to Vicious for thinking outside the box and finding a way for this to work. It's roundabout but it works. We at droidrzr.com take ZERO responsibility for your inability to follow instructions and/or bricked units. Read the steps carefully multiple times before making the dive.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream? Whatever. It's way early in the morning for me and I figure if I have ICS that you'll probably tolerate just about anything from me including some torture. Anyway.

Build is 6.14.75.XT912

Installation is RSD/Fastbootable if for some reason this knocks us off the installation path. - Note that the process will wipe the phone since the ICS databases aren't compatible with GB.

Voodoo protects root during upgrade process.

Known Issues

- Battery charge information will report incorrectly after reboots most times. Solution: Don't reboot the phone very often. If you charge/discharge it, it will fix itself.
- Outbound Calling/Texting/Data while roaming are not possible. Solution: No known fix
- Mass storage mode cannot be disabled (possible security risk). Solution: No known fix
- Mass storage is enabled even through lock screen (previously would not mount until you unlocked the phone). Again. Security risk. Solution: No known fix

For those having install issues. Please do not post here saying you're having XYZ problem until you've done the following:

1) Use RSD and go back to 744 or 173 depending what files you have available. I would say use Matt's utility but there are too many versions floating around and some people are having hit or miss results with it. My guess is people are using the wrong options when using it. As RSD has no options for you to screw up and will just blanket nuke everything, I suggest that route.

2) You have executed a factory wipe immediately before or after the above step. I'm sorry. But whatever issues you're having could be related to your current setup and/or data. Get rid of it and start over.

3) You have re-read and COMPLETELY understand the steps listed in this OP. There are many people asking questions that have answers clearly stated in this OP.

For those having issues restoring root with voodoo after install go

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Install Instructions:

1) Download

and

(right-click and save as if you have issues downloading either of these 2 files) and make sure you're above 60% charge. The update takes a while to install and you don't want it to die mid-update. Trust me. Safestrap/Bootstrap must be disabled.

File verification info:
Posted Image

2) Make sure you have ROM Manager, ES File Explorer (Make sure root access and system writable are enabled in the ES file explorer settings), and have root access to your system but are on an otherwise stock COMPLETELY UNMODIFIED installation of 173. In ROM Manager, DO NOT INSTALL CLOCKWORKMOD. Just have the ROM Manager app itself installed.

2a) If you plan to retain root after the update, update the Superuser.apk via the market and open the app and go to options/preferences (depending on your version) make sure your binary is up to do date in preferences (3.0.3.2+). Also make sure you have voodoo OTA Rootkeeper protecting your root after those updates before proceeding. I personally used motofail to root once I got to 173. I didn't bother rooting til I got there as it's not required and when I RSD it takes me all the way down to 744.

2b) Just to be abundantly clear since people keep asking this question... YOU HAVE TO BE ON 173 FOR THIS TO WORK. If it worked on 181 I would have said that when I created this post as I gave you 181 before I gave you this...

3) Copy the 2 files from step 1 into your /cache folder on the root of your system.

4) When the copy operation is complete, tap the zip file and select ROM Manager when it asks you what to use to open the file.

5) ROM Manager will automatically open and prompt you that a reboot is necessary to complete the operation. Hit OK/Accept.

6) The system will reboot and install the ICS leak.

7) Profit

As usual don't forget the "like" button at the bottom of this post and within Vicious' own thread found

Note that after the install it'll run sluggish for a bit.

There are way too many updates to list. The update package is ~460 megs.

Highlights include:

- Android version 4.0.3 (no 4.0.4 sorry)
- Updated radios (duh)
- Updated webtop
- Completely overhauled UI

Before you ask if XYZ is updated, just assume yes. Pretty much EVERYTHING is updated.
Posted Image

Edited by arcanexvi, 27 April 2012 - 10:05 AM.
Edited to add direct links and known issues.

• Mr_Alexander, loonie01, cvhovey and 49 others like this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#2 busab

busab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:57 AM

Oh hells yeah! Downloading now!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#3 b_wat

b_wat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Google+:bwatkins232@gmail.com
  • LocationKnoxville,Tn

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:57 AM

Is this the leak

#4 loonie01

loonie01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

root after?

#5 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:05 AM

I'd be vary careful flashing to this file still. We don't know for certain if it is the OTA update and if you can get on path again it it is not. That said I think that needs to be clarified by whoever has tested this.

As for Rooting I would make sure you have root done on the GB first then use Root keeper to keep it. I'[ve heard Moto has patched all current Rooting exploits so any process we know now may not work anymore on a ICS build
  • dstick44 likes this

#6 loonie01

loonie01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

waiting on DT and DH
  • Digital Cha0s likes this

#7 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

I'd be vary careful flashing to this file still. We don't know for certain if it is the OTA update and if you can get on path again it it is not. That said I think that needs to be clarified by whoever has tested this.

As for Rooting I would make sure you have root done on the GB first then use Root keeper to keep it. I'[ve heard Moto has patched all current Rooting exploits so any process we know now may not work anymore on a ICS build

I tested RSD this morning and that's why it's noted in the OP. You can return to upgrade path that way if this ends up not being the soak. I'm literally in the middle of re-upgrading as we speak.
  • Aixelsyd likes this

Posted Image

#8 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

waiting on DT and DH

They got it from me last night.

Posted Image

#9 jmp485

jmp485

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter:jmp485

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:12 AM

WOW! It's good to be an early bird. Guess I won't yell at my daughter for waking me up at 630

#10 coloradoflats

coloradoflats

Willing to Brick for ICS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:@KevinVanLear
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

awesome! great news... way to be on point with this release! And I have a feeling this WILL be the soak release.

Acanex: maybe you can answer this sooner than I can install for someone... does this release have a 30 FPS cap?
"Did you see what I said?"

#11 RAZRW1R3D

RAZRW1R3D

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:adamp83
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

You just made this fat man extremely happy!

#12 loonie01

loonie01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:21 AM

sweeet

#13 Narffran

Narffran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:Fran_Granfield
  • LocationNorth of Boston MA

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:22 AM

You just made this fat man extremely happy!

Fan men are always happy. Now we Iz REALLY happy! At least I will be when flashed. Gots to flash back to .173 first. I think I still would have liked to win the mega millions though...
  • loonie01 and RAZRW1R3D like this

#14 loonie01

loonie01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:24 AM

Too bad I have things to do this morning. Flash when I get home

#15 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

So this is the ICS mixed with Blur then yes? Wow...can we have more screens if possible? I wanna take a good look at this bad boy
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#16 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

Does that mean if we want GB back SBF works?

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#17 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

Pulling the file. Doesn't look like it can be sideloaded. :-/ Checking some things. May be back later.

Posted Image

#18 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:37 AM

Also is it okay to flash this if we're on stock rooted 6.12.181?
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#19 Jimmy8881

Jimmy8881

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:38 AM

what exactly you mean by sideloaded? my phone is updating <_<
  • Krazr likes this

#20 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

what exactly you mean by sideloaded? my phone is updating <_<

You'll see :P

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users