1349 replies to this topic

#881 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

Alright thanks I'll give that a shot. yeah by etc I meant for each image i would use the fastboot command to reflash that image separately. I figured fastbooting each image individually was the safest way to go, as I know exactly what was done. Does matt's utility basically do the same thing when selecting the option to "restore stock", but in a batch function? I never used his utility to revert back to stock, have always done fastboot to this point. I may have some time tonight to try this again.

This. Basically your partitioning is probably no longer stock due to tinkering and needs to be wiped out and reset. RSD will do this for you automatically. Not sure if matt's util does.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#882 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

With video ? Try some videos from CNN.com (full site). Flash ads are working for me, but no video.

I tried watching a video on cnn and the stock browser pretty much became unresponsive... So i guess it's a no go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#883 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

We just were not looking enough for the answer! Found this and worked perfectly!!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Already been there and tried it, doesn't work on my end either. I get a _mktemp error on the first step of the process

#884 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

This Moto leak is so sic!!!!

#885 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

I have been on the leak since sunday it has been awesome until today now I have no phone or sms I can't make or receive calls I did a hard reset on the phone also pulled out the sim card and reinstalled it I'm showing 5 bars of signal on the phone 4 g is working perfectly not sure what to do next I really don't want to go back to gingerbread just to find out I need another phone anyway I'm a little reluctant to call verizon for help as long as I'm on the leak... I don't think I will call them until I sbf back... It was working perfect any suggestions would be appreciated

#886 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

I have been on the leak since sunday it has been awesome until today now I have no phone or sms I can't make or receive calls I did a hard reset on the phone also pulled out the sim card and reinstalled it I'm showing 5 bars of signal on the phone 4 g is working perfectly not sure what to do next I really don't want to go back to gingerbread just to find out I need another phone anyway I'm a little reluctant to call verizon for help as long as I'm on the leak... I don't think I will call them until I sbf back... It was working perfect any suggestions would be appreciated

Go into your privacy settings and do a factory wipe from there. Maybe some of your old GB settings aren't playing nice. It'll make the phone behave as if it were shipped with ICS and be in the out of box state.

Posted Image

#887 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Why doesn't VZW & Moto release this......it's sweet (It's no AXI0M) but very sweet.

#888 jaulfh

jaulfh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

I installed this leak Monday, was running great, then suddenly lost my 3g/4g data connection. Wiped everything, still no data connection. RSDd back to 173, still nothing. Even went back to 744. Tried everything (factory reset, popping sim out/in, rebooting various ways).

Finally went to the Verizon store where they replaced my sim card (at no charge) and all is well now. So now I'll wait OTA ICS...

#889 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

Why doesn't VZW & Moto release this......it's sweet (It's no AXI0M) but very sweet.

Because once you're running it for a bit you'll notice there are some minor bugs that need to be ironed out. It's not really ready for release but all it needs is a little fit and polish work.

AXIOM will get much better with this new kernel available and some of the groundwork laid out for the guys over there.

Posted Image

#890 D Stave

D Stave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Is there a list of what bloatware I can and can't delete off of the ICS leak so I don't ruin my razr?

#891 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Finally got it to work i used the files from another source went thru with no hicups will post a link to post when i find it again. It is a straight download no torrent file

#892 ionstatic

ionstatic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

Finally got it to work i used the files from another source went thru with no hicups will post a link to post when i find it again. It is a straight download no torrent file

That would be awesome. I don't know if anyone else has attempted the torrent recently but, I haven't been able to get a single byte to download.

#893 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

Safestrap/Bootstrap must be disabled.

Is it enough to disable it, or does it have to be removed? What method did you use to disable Bootstrap?

2a) If you plan to have root after the update, make sure you have voodoo OTA Rootkeeper protecting your root before proceeding.

Where in the process (at what step) do you recommend that root be initially achieved?

Thanks for your help with this...I want to be as clear and specific as possible.

Its hard to make this stuff foolproof...us fools are way too clever! :)

#894 pscshuler

pscshuler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

I did upload the torrent to a filesharing site if anyone is interested in a link.

#895 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

I did upload the torrent to a filesharing site if anyone is interested in a link.

You mean like a mirror?

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

#896 pscshuler

pscshuler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Here is a RS link:

Uploaded it to RS right after downloading the torrent, hope it helps some of you out. (took me about 45 min to download)

#897 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Downloading at 2.3mb per second! Like a fool I went back to stock .173 in anticipation for the update haha! Gingerbread sucks. Trying this method here in a second. Will report back with any issues but I didn't have any before on the update and I ran it for 3 days.

#898 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Is it enough to disable it, or does it have to be removed? What method did you use to disable Bootstrap?

Where in the process (at what step) do you recommend that root be initially achieved?

Thanks for your help with this...I want to be as clear and specific as possible.

Its hard to make this stuff foolproof...us fools are way too clever! :)

If you're running bootstrap you're probably going to have to wipe and RSD.

Root just has to be in place for you to execute this process. It doesn't matter when you do it as long as it's done before you try to start step 3.

Posted Image

#899 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Well the update is installing but I did a noob-move and forgot to "temp un-root" before installing lol. Looks like I'll be fastbooting back and going at it again haha.

#900 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

This is the post with the direct download links for the zip and .cc file

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users