• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

I just tried to download a .zip from my device, which prior to doing so I downloaded the .zip from my computer and it worked fine. Anyhow, once I clicked the link, my browser opened to the droidrzr.com site, and there was an error message. Confused by this I tried again, it redirected me to the Playstore, where Tapatalk was already installed, which I opened it to receive the same error message from the Droidrzr site. I am attaching below the snapshots, just in case this is a random occurence or in the event it happens again or what not.

Attached Files

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#2 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

I just tried to download a .zip from my device, which prior to doing so I downloaded the .zip from my computer and it worked fine. Anyhow, once I clicked the link, my browser opened to the droidrzr.com site, and there was an error message. Confused by this I tried again, it redirected me to the Playstore, where Tapatalk was already installed, which I opened it to receive the same error message from the Droidrzr site. I am attaching below the snapshots, just in case this is a random occurence or in the event it happens again or what not.

You need to login. You can't download anything from the forums without being logged in

Sent from RAZR Maxx FlyingJelly

#3 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

You need to login. You can't download anything from the forums without being logged in

Sent from RAZR Maxx FlyingJelly

That's interesting as I was on my device logged in to DR through Tapatalk, when clicked on a bootanimation.zip, where I was redirected through the browser to the DR website. I've never had this issue before, usually when I am using my device I can click the link, because again I am logged in and the download begins. However, this time that was not the case, as I was directed to the website where the error message I posted was received. I tried it again, was directed to the Tapatalk app in the Playstore, whick Tapatalk was already installed, I opened it, and again the same error message, I used my password manager to access the site and nothing was effective. I don't know what the cause of this was or where the problem lies, I don't think it was something that I did. I am not trying to troubleshoot, I am simply informing...

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#4 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

That's interesting as I was on my device logged in to DR through Tapatalk, when clicked on a bootanimation.zip, where I was redirected through the browser to the DR website. I've never had this issue before, usually when I am using my device I can click the link, because again I am logged in and the download begins. However, this time that was not the case, as I was directed to the website where the error message I posted was received. I tried it again, was directed to the Tapatalk app in the Playstore, whick Tapatalk was already installed, I opened it, and again the same error message, I used my password manager to access the site and nothing was effective. I don't know what the cause of this was or where the problem lies, I don't think it was something that I did. I am not trying to troubleshoot, I am simply informing...

Sometimes downloads are just weird like that, honestly. I've had this issue with this site as well as XDA and it rarely ever happens but it has happened. The reason you got the error though is because you need to login to droidrzr through your web browser on your phone.

My fix was to just login to droidrzr with my browser (Chrome and stock) and make it remember my login info. Never got the error again.
  • Thach and KaChow like this

#5 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

I have seen these errors on this and other sites as well. I did the same thing that hicks stated (logging into chrome and stock browsers) and havent seen this issue again. I've come to realize that it wasnt a tapatalk or site issue, it was just being directed to a browser page to which i wasnt signed into so it wouldnt give me access until i logged in.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users