Photo

[Rom] RageHD v1.2 (5/18/2013)

• Please log in to reply
859 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

Good to know. There are so many new devices coming out all the time, the concern is always that if a phone is not dev-friendly for too long that they will move on to bigger and better things. There is only so much time in the day, right?

Thanks for sticking with it!

I don't even have this phone lol. I know some people that do though and asked if I could have my team build for it. I've sent the ROM out to testers and am just awaiting feedback before I post the link. I'm getting ready to go to sleep though lol, it's now 3:17am here and my eyes won't stay open.

I'll probably only sleep for about 5 or 6 hours then will post the link as soon as I wake up. UNLESS, I get feedback before I go to bed, then I'll just post the link.

#22 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

Want me to test it for you? I am not a programmer, but I seem to have a talent for finding every weird bug known to man when it comes to this stuff. haha

I am downloading now, I can report back on what I find.

#23 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

Want me to test it for you? I am not a programmer, but I seem to have a talent for finding every weird bug known to man when it comes to this stuff. haha

I am downloading now, I can report back on what I find.

??? How are you downloading? LOL

#24 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:dolfns99

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

LOL... downloading something not there? I cant wait for the link BIgDaddyHicks, Thank You for all your hard work!

#25 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

Well... do you want me to post it here publically or say it offline? LOL

#26 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

Well... do you want me to post it here publically or say it offline? LOL

Hahaha offline please!

#27 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

Sent. haha

#28 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:koftheworld

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

Hahaha offline please!

You just can't win can you lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#29 phillyfisher

phillyfisher

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:@215mf

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

Wow - excited about this ROM!!! I'd love to test....
  • grunt344 likes this

#30 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

No worries, the zip file is corrupt, probably just a bad upload. He has gone to bed and it is uploading while he sleeps, so it should be ready when he gets up, later today for us folks on the East Coast. Should be worth it though!

#31 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:dolfns99

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

No worries, the zip file is corrupt, probably just a bad upload. He has gone to bed and it is uploading while he sleeps, so it should be ready when he gets up, later today for us folks on the East Coast. Should be worth it though!

What are you downloading??? He hasnt posted it up yet!! but no worries... lol im sure you realize that by now. btw how is he sleeping when he just posted a comment? hmmm

#32 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

What are you downloading??? He hasnt posted it up yet!! but no worries... lol im sure you realize that by now. btw how is he sleeping when he just posted a comment? hmmm

He didn't post the link, but I did locate it and download the file. Both I and one of his testers found that it fails to install. WinRAR on my PC says that the file is corrupt, and repairing it with WinRAR didn't fix the issue, so he is re-uploading it while he sleeps. :-)

#33 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Google+:dru21281
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Droid X, Razr, HTC Rezound

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

Cant wait, will flash as soon as OP is updated with the link! Thanks for the dev. work.

#34 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

Copying to phone now, will flash it and report back!

#35 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

Copying to phone now, will flash it and report back!

Are you still copying?? LOL YOU haven't reported yet. :)

#36 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

Install went fine, setting up phone now. VERY snappy and responsive, no lockups or anything weird. Setting up all my apps, then I will benchmark it, set up Exchange and run it through it's paces. Trust me, if there is a glitch or a way to step in a pile of poo, I am the guy... haha

#37 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Ok, so far everything is really going well. Only issues so far is that my Suntrust Banking app is acting a little wonky, and I have no VZW Visual Voicemail. I need to see if I can find an .apk for that, and if anyone has the latest copy, can you post it? I am sure I am not the only one paying for that, that would like to keep it.

Let me go set up Exchange now and see how it syncs with work.

#38 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

Ok, so far everything is really going well. Only issues so far is that my Suntrust Banking app is acting a little wonky, and I have no VZW Visual Voicemail. I need to see if I can find an .apk for that, and if anyone has the latest copy, can you post it? I am sure I am not the only one paying for that, that would like to keep it.

Let me go set up Exchange now and see how it syncs with work.

Never heard of that Bank so he can release :)

• usmcamgrimm likes this

#39 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Never heard of that Bank so he can release :)

Well, that app is acting up, but it acted up on Infekted ROM as well, and it runs fine on the stock ROM. But that is not a deal breaker for me. The one thing that I cannot get working is VVM. I found some APK files for it, none of them work, they all fail to authenticate, so there is something probably in the build.prop, or missing from it, that prevents that from working.

I am currently downloading a stock ROM that is simply rooted and de-odexed. I will see if I can find and side-load the VVM.apk file from that, or, if someone has a stock rooted ROM installed, can you use Titanium, Astro or another app to backup that app, and post the .apk here?

Other than those two little items, everything seems great for a first version of a ROM. Super fast, stable, snappy, much less lag than stock, Exchange and everything works perfectly, etc... Nice work!

I am sure that as the Dev gets feedback, it will just get better and better. I will keep digging around and see what else I can find.

#40 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Well, that app is acting up, but it acted up on Infekted ROM as well, and it runs fine on the stock ROM. But that is not a deal breaker for me. The one thing that I cannot get working is VVM. I found some APK files for it, none of them work, they all fail to authenticate, so there is something probably in the build.prop, or missing from it, that prevents that from working.

I am currently downloading a stock ROM that is simply rooted and de-odexed. I will see if I can find and side-load the VVM.apk file from that, or, if someone has a stock rooted ROM installed, can you use Titanium, Astro or another app to backup that app, and post the .apk here?

Other than those two little items, everything seems great for a first version of a ROM. Super fast, stable, snappy, much less lag than stock, Exchange and everything works perfectly, etc... Nice work!

I am sure that as the Dev gets feedback, it will just get better and better. I will keep digging around and see what else I can find.

you need VZW Visual Voicemail like this one?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users