Photo

Charge Your Battery Without A Special Cable Or Taking The Phone Apart!

charge battery recovery

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 johnjutrasii

johnjutrasii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:johnjutrasii
  • Google+:http://plus.google.com/114874036854597776012

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

This works with the wall charger only!!!!!

shut off the phone (get into fastboot and just hit the power button to shutdown)

while holding down the + and - volume buttons, plug in wall charger

scroll down with the volume - button to bp tools and then push volume +

the phone will show the motorola logo and then show the battery image filling up as it charges

wait awhile for it to charge up and then you can fastboot to fix your borked rom install!

ya for charging!

I think this needs to be stickied now!
  • NattyBee, biggiesmalls657, cyberLurker and 4 others like this

#2 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

please show some confirmation this works
and ill make sure it gets stickied :D
  • ITSBRYANN likes this
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#3 johnjutrasii

johnjutrasii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:johnjutrasii
  • Google+:http://plus.google.com/114874036854597776012

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

please show some confirmation this works
and ill make sure it gets stickied :D

What can I show you as conformation?

I just did this myself to fix my phone.

I guess I could say just try it yourself. It should work like this even if you haven't messed up your phone.

#4 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

What can I show you as conformation?

I just did this myself to fix my phone.

I guess I could say just try it yourself. It should work like this even if you haven't messed up your phone.

I can confirm this worked for me when I bricked my razr back in January.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#5 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

mine gives me this error:

Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.6C
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down

Device is LOCKED, Status Code:0

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG: system, status: 0x004E)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)

EDIT: I did everything you said to do.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#6 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

I cannot confirm this....
  • carolsrazr likes this

#7 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

I have done this with a low battery that would not allow me to flash and not a completely dead phone. Phone stopped programming about half way through with Utility. I went in and selected tools, it went black before it displayed the M logo, it booted up and started charging. :blink: I never got the battery charging phone off icon. So I know it works since I have done it but my experience was a little different than trying to charge a dead phone.

Also, I did it with a USB from my computer.
Droid RAZR Rooted

#8 detr0yt

detr0yt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDetroit MI.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

This is great... hope i never need it though thanks in advance!

#9 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

0A.6C

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Does anyone want to help me?? My phone won 't turn on...

EDIT: I already ordered a new phone, FYI this does not work if you have tried to flash a different system.img (like 4.0.3 china retail fastboot, lol)
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#10 bogginblazer

bogginblazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

U can just pop off the back plate like I did use ur t5 torx screw driver to unscrew the battery bolts just enough to to slide the + and - wire under them screw them back down with ur T5. Ur probably wondering what wires I'm talking about right now. The ones from the wall charger u have striped. By the way black is - red is +. If u strip a data cable the white and yellow are for data. Push them off to the side. Also make sure u twist the wires. The red and the white not together alone. If that makes sense. One more thing then my rant is done DO NOT DO NOT LET THE WIRES TOUCH METAL ON UR PHONE or u will have no phone it will FRY EVERYTHING keep the wires around the bolts. Then plug it in and u can flash again.

U DO THIS method at your own risk I will not be held liable for any damage u cause to ur phone or anything else.
  • bweaver11b likes this

#11 cdfjr1975

cdfjr1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

U can just pop off the back plate like I did use ur t5 torx screw driver to unscrew the battery bolts just enough to to slide the + and - wire under them screw them back down with ur T5. Ur probably wondering what wires I'm talking about right now. The ones from the wall charger u have striped. By the way black is - red is +. If u strip a data cable the white and yellow are for data. Push them off to the side. Also make sure u twist the wires. The red and the white not together alone. If that makes sense. One more thing then my rant is done DO NOT DO NOT LET THE WIRES TOUCH METAL ON UR PHONE or u will have no phone it will FRY EVERYTHING keep the wires around the bolts. Then plug it in and u can flash again.

U DO THIS method at your own risk I will not be held liable for any damage u cause to ur phone or anything else.

You forgot a couple of steps. Joke about a penny, circuit breaker and a bucket of water removed just in case it was taken literally. Be sure the wires are unplugged before connecting them to your phone and unplug before you try to remove them from the phone.

Seriously, be VERY VERY careful doing this you can fry more than your phone you are working with bare electrical wires. If you do this method use a ground fault interrupt outlet as an added precaution for yourself.

Seen too many people botch flashing a ROM that I think electricity warrants a much larger warning.

• extirpate likes this

#12 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

You forgot a couple of steps. Joke about a penny, circuit breaker and a bucket of water removed just in case it was taken literally. Be sure the wires are unplugged before connecting them to your phone and unplug before you try to remove them from the phone.

Seriously, be VERY VERY careful doing this you can fry more than your phone you are working with bare electrical wires. If you do this method use a ground fault interrupt outlet as an added precaution for yourself.

Seen too many people botch flashing a ROM that I think electricity warrants a much larger warning.

Psssssh please, whats a couple hundred watts shock compared to possible dead battery, to make it more dramatic I then plug into a power converter. :D
Droid RAZR Rooted

#13 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

If you do this method use a ground fault interrupt outlet as an added precaution for yourself.

For anyone that doesn't know where to find these, look around water sources (generally bathroom/kitchen/garage). These are commonly referred to as GFCI, and will have a Test and Reset button on them. I highly recommend against this method however if you didn't already know how exactly to do it yourself before reading it. Even if you did, it is still quite easy to do something you will regret.

#14 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Google+:kevin.page3
  • LocationCopperas Cove, TX (Fort Hood)

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

thanx man it works great
Posted Image

#15 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Pinned for how useful this truely can be :D
i have confirmation from 6 people..

However if you can make a detailed vid on the process to do this.. as many are still unsure how to perform this nifty little trick that would be great :D
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#16 stiwrx

stiwrx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Works!!! saved my life

#17 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

The full proof way to fix most bricked phones is to breakdown & purchase a Moto Factory Cable($40) @ Team Black Hat site. I did & in less than 1/2 hour and a good charge I was up and running. No muss no fuss.
  • Quadroller likes this

#18 georgegore1990

georgegore1990

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

0A.6C

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

im in the same boat as him my phone boots up to this message and doesnt seem to be charging.
can i get some suggestions? please anything other then the stripped wires method (tried this before and electricuted myself and broke my phone.. LOL.) and the $45 cable... im broke as a joke without anything to smoke :/
  • joeyx2 likes this

#19 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

The full proof way to fix most bricked phones is to breakdown & purchase a Moto Factory Cable($40) @ Team Black Hat site. I did & in less than 1/2 hour and a good charge I was up and running. No muss no fuss.

I thought the factory cable didn't charge the battery. At least that's what Team Black Hat states on their website.

#20 georgegore1990

georgegore1990

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

ugh i feel like im totally screwed. this is the second razr of mine that this has happened to. am i totally boned or what?? :'( <--- my actual face right nao.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charge battery, recovery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users