Photo

Ics Leak Fixes

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

If anyone needs the XML for 173 I have it in my thread on how to unbrick your RAZR with the full fastboot filed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#42 traumadog

traumadog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

Here are the fastboot files needed to return to .744:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also seems like fileserve changed policies or something - there's no direct download link for this file...

All that counts down is a link to download ilivid...

#43 rexboe

rexboe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

The link to the fastboot files doesn't work for me. It says I can only download files I have uploaded. Did fileserve change their download policy.

#44 bL33d

bL33d

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

How did people brick there phones? seemed like a pretty simple procedure.
  • saantomoh likes this

#45 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

I'm sure people hate links to rootzwiki here but here is a list of downloadable fastboot zips for the Razr...

• Krazr likes this

#46 Guest_jmdearras_*

Guest_jmdearras_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

OK, I got pulled into the frenzy last night. I loaded cheesecake, and tried to update. I was NOT successful, I just got the Motorola Account needed dialog. I am now content to remove cheesecake and wait, now, but want to get rid of the Motorola account error, so the actual OTA will work.

What is my best path back to normalcy with mt current .173 system?

Thank you,

Jim

#47 T3hD0gg

T3hD0gg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

OK, I got pulled into the frenzy last night. I loaded cheesecake, and tried to update. I was NOT successful, I just got the Motorola Account needed dialog. I am now content to remove cheesecake and wait, now, but want to get rid of the Motorola account error, so the actual OTA will work.

What is my best path back to normalcy with mt current .173 system?

Thank you,

Jim

The best course of action would be what was stated at the beginning of this thread.

Follow this page to fastboot back to .744:

Then upgrade to .173 through the normal means. The files necessary can be acquired from the link that STiK just posted.

#48 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

This is all u need!

[Go-Back-To-Stock]-.744-.748-.173-Using-Rsd-Added.#entry2899

1) Download the full fastboot 173 files

2) Download the altered XML and replace the one thats in the 173.

Run RSD Lite. Done. Always make sure to do a full wipe after it boots or trys to boot. This will get you to 100% stock.

#49 fbm111

fbm111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:fbm111

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

I have tried cheesecake it is simply not working for me.

My question is why is this different than any other moto update where we can't just put it in cache and flash with stock recovery?

Just trying to learn

Thanks!

#50 dale_cooper

dale_cooper

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

Thanks Dirty - probably a stupid question but if someone did choose to follow Matt's guide and go to 744 - would you get to 173 by a typical OTA notification upgrade?

#51 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Thanks Dirty - probably a stupid question but if someone did choose to follow Matt's guide and go to 744 - would you get to 173 by a typical OTA notification upgrade?

Yes matts utility works in tbe same manner as rsd. Jmo i use rsd so i can make sure 100% all is good.

#52 gsk3rd

gsk3rd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the pixels

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

I learned a long time ago back on eclair to not to install leaked versions. Bricked my phone and had to buy a new one. Very painful process but I am glad you guys have found fixes for those who are bricked. Instructions seemed simple enough.
  • Narffran likes this
Moto Razr 32gb white

#53 Johngi559

Johngi559

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:@_johngi
  • Google+:Johnny Hernandez

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

if i just bought this phone via craigslist, nd the guy said he just got a it a few weeks back, do i need to flash boot to anything,
or can i continue with the 10 steps topic?

#54 VoXPCS

VoXPCS

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

if i just bought this phone via craigslist, nd the guy said he just got a it a few weeks back, do i need to flash boot to anything,
or can i continue with the 10 steps topic?

If you just got the phone and haven't rooted, you shouldn't be in this thread. This is for people who soft bricked or bricked their Razrs/Maxx's while trying to update to he leaked ICS OTA.

Head over to XDA if you want to root your stock firmware .173 and leave it at that for now.

The official ICS OTA is rumored/confirmred by Bestbuy to be released on the 4th (WED) of next week.

#55 SunsetSniper

SunsetSniper

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

What I do not understand is why people are so adamant about trying to keep root on their phones with this ICS leak. Correct me if I'm wrong, but SU must have some way of circumventing Motofail's locked bootloader and accessing SU. Which I would think has something to do with the kernel. Which has been upgraded during the ICS flash. So it seems retarded to me that guys were trying to "hide" their root in hopes that they'd have root on this ICS leak, when in a matter of 6 days they'd be dealing with what could be a whole different ICS update.

I think alot of guys were bricking their phones trying to keep root and flashing and reflashing. Sure this process is what also creates these amazing dev roms but for an update that is temporary and will be obsolete in a matter of days, why put your phone at risk trying to root an experimental build we shouldnt even have to begin with? Why not just flash ICS, enjoy the closest thing we have to the release for a few days, and once the official OTA comes out, then start experimenting? Of course it's your phones so I can't tell you what to do with them but IMO flashing ICS and just leaving it as it is would be the smartest thing to do until the OTA comes out.

Worst problem I had was that the camera wasnt working and a quick factory reset got everything working exactly as it should.

#56 skittles

skittles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Before all of the ICS craziness of yesterday there was a leak that could be flashed the regular way. It was pulled because once it was installed everyone who had it was getting side load errors. Which means you couldn't install anything from the SD card (if you weren't sure). Then everyone heard about doing it with cheesecake and that's when people started having problems. People who had no business doing it were trying and those who knew what they were doing spent hours trying to help all that were having problems.

#57 skittles

skittles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Before all of the ICS craziness of yesterday there was a leak that could be flashed the regular way. It was pulled because once it was installed everyone who had it was getting side load errors. Which means you couldn't install anything from the SD card (if you weren't sure). Then everyone heard about doing it with cheesecake and that's when people started having problems. People who had no business doing it were trying and those who knew what they were doing spent hours trying to help all that were having problems.

Forgot to quote a post.

I have tried cheesecake it is simply not working for me.

My question is why is this different than any other moto update where we can't just put it in cache and flash with stock recovery?

Just trying to learn

Thanks!

#58 SunsetSniper

SunsetSniper

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

How did people brick there phones? seemed like a pretty simple procedure.

Alot of guys were trying to retain root by hiding it or doing some workaround. So I'm guessing things went awry when the kernel and/or coding clashed and bootloops ensued.

#59 SunsetSniper

SunsetSniper

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

I was one of the first doing the cheesecake method; from those who I saw getting hit with bootloops and errors, they were trying to cheesecake on a ROM build rather than a stock one. Yesterday was also the first time I rooted the phone just to get the ICS leak. We had an influx of new guys who wanted the update so bad that they tossed caution to the wind and dived straight in without even doing any research. We have thousands of threads that all say the basics like going back to stock before experimenting with such massive updates/flashes, things you should and shouldn't do but everyone wanted to just go for the gold without doing the prerequisite steps. So of course the forum was flooded with first timers who were just in too big of a rush to get ICS to slow down and think the steps through.

#60 skittles

skittles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

I was one of the first doing the cheesecake method; from those who I saw getting hit with bootloops and errors, they were trying to cheesecake on a ROM build rather than a stock one. Yesterday was also the first time I rooted the phone just to get the ICS leak. We had an influx of new guys who wanted the update so bad that they tossed caution to the wind and dived straight in without even doing any research. We have thousands of threads that all say the basics like going back to stock before experimenting with such massive updates/flashes, things you should and shouldn't do but everyone wanted to just go for the gold without doing the prerequisite steps. So of course the forum was flooded with first timers who were just in too big of a rush to get ICS to slow down and think the steps through.

Agreed. People trying to flash from Axiom, gummy, or eclipse roms. Others asking if they could flash it on leaked version .181 even though the OP said only for .173. When the OP states clear as day be 100% stock and people are trying to install with apps frozen in TiBu people were unfortunately asking for problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users