Photo

TWRP Mount Menu Options Display Issue

TWRP Recovery Mount Display Options XT926 Maxx HD Unlocked Bootloader Problem Mount USB Storage

Best Answer GillRigged , 22 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'm glad you finally got this figured out. I've been following this saga.

You and me both. Shortly after I figured this out I had an issue with a boot animation screwing everything up to where the phone would freeze at startup. Instead of having to start over I was able to just restore system and not lose all of my data. I had to mount or unmount system first. The theming would not have allowed me to do that and I would've had no choice but to wipe. Guess I could've just restored afterwards but my backup was a week old.

Sent from my rooted Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2 Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:@GillRigged
  • LocationNW WI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Droid RAZR M

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Anyone else seeing this in their TWRP Mount Menu???:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Device: Droid RAZR Maxx HD with Unlocked Bootloader using Rooted Stock 4.1.2

I have been hopping around to see if anybody else has been having this issue without much success. Who I have talked to see what 

posted

(notice the additional Mount System & Modem options minus the Mount USB Storage button). CWM Recovery shows System & Modem as Mount/Unmount options but not TWRP. Anyone up to helping me on this or troubleshooting with me?

Update:

So, I knew this was most likely a simple issue but I didn't know HOW simple it really was. First, I figured it was probably a System img issue because my OTA update reported as failed but still showed 4.1.2/9.16.6.XT926.Verizon.en.US. I think what that was is that I may have still had some apps disabled and/or frozen and possibly the fact that I had a different boot animation. Regardless, I reflashed 4.1.2 using

's

and everything seems to be much smoother. Not only was TWRP displaying properly but I was simply able to restore Data and be back to where I left off since I made a complete backup. This actually isn't the issue that causes this. It is TWRP Themes that were causing this. Not really paying attention I started with

and didn't realize that they're for Galaxy Nexus (but still 720x1280). The next ones that I tried are BigDaddyHicks'

. These were causing the same display issues. However, I did notice that 

's

did in fact work but not entirely. In the Mount Menu Mount/Unmount Modem was still missing (didn't really look elsewhere for differences). Problem solved, I guess.

#2 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

#3 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:@GillRigged
  • LocationNW WI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Droid RAZR M

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:48 AM   Best Answer

You and me both. Shortly after I figured this out I had an issue with a boot animation screwing everything up to where the phone would freeze at startup. Instead of having to start over I was able to just restore system and not lose all of my data. I had to mount or unmount system first. The theming would not have allowed me to do that and I would've had no choice but to wipe. Guess I could've just restored afterwards but my backup was a week old.

Sent from my rooted Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TWRP, Recovery, Mount, Display, Options, XT926, Maxx HD, Unlocked Bootloader, Problem, Mount USB Storage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users