#1 clint751

clint751

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

I have a Droid Razr Maxx HD which I just rooted a few days ago with the new exploit. I installed Safestrap and all went well. Last night I did a recovery of the stock ROM from a backup that was made only a few hours before. All went well except that I lost Root. I am unable to get root back through the new exploit or VooDoo. When I did the recovery I simply chose to restore the stock ROM - I didn't wipe anything. Safestrap is still available on boot and I can still use it for recovery. How can I restore the stock ROM from my backup and keep root? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks.

Clint

#2 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:tjnaps27
  • Current Device(s):"Dan" Edition Razr Maxx HD

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

If your phone is still booting into safe strap then phone should still be rooted. Are you restoring to a ROM slot or stock side?
And if you backed up the phone with safe strap then your restore should be rooted also. You didn't take any updates during all this?
I would do the restore and just download a superuser app from the market and a free app that requires root like ROM toolbox free and see if it grants it root permissions.
If all else fails. Just boot to safe strap and install a custom ROM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#3 clint751

clint751

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Thanks for the reply. None of my root apps work and Superuser says the binaries have to be updated - but the update fails. I have deleted Superuser and tried re-rooting. Superuser gets put on again but then it fails at the end with a message that two directories can't be found (/system/bin/su and the busybox dir.) I definitely lost root. I tried wiping everything except external storage - but that didn't work either. I created a Rom Slot-1 and restored my stock backup to it. When I boot from Slot-1 one I get my system back plus I have root again. Only problem is that the system storage is low in that slot even though I chose the 3gb option (I have a lot of apps). I can't figure out why I can't get root in the Stock slot when I wipe it and restore, but I get it in Slot 1 with the same backup restored.

#4 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

That's really strange. Did you unlock your boot loader?
Either way I would try to rsdlite to whatever system version you're at. 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 and reroot and start over.

#5 clint751

clint751

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

No, I didn't unlock the bootloader. I am at 4.1.2. I will research how to use rsdlite and maybe attempt that, or just live without root.

#6 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Live without root? You nutz? Lol. Definitely try to rsd and root again. Unlocked boot loaders is the way to go now with cm 10.1 so close to being stable on these phones.
Best of luck

#7 clint751

clint751

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Thanks! I have downloaded the files (RSD Lite and stock firmware for 4.1.2). I will probably attempt it when I have time to flash and start all over. I'm not looking forward to all the configuring again. I thought I had it made with Safestrap to protect me from this kind of incident - but it failed me.

#8 Josev

Josev

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationphoenix
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

if I installed eclipse rom on my stock rom slot previously wiped will it work?
thanks

#9 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

if I installed eclipse rom on my stock rom slot previously wiped will it work?
thanks

You shouldn't be able to flash over the stock slot. However, there was a workaround that we used on the M, before it was unlocked, not sure if it will work on the Razr, though.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Memnoch73 likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#10 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

You shouldn't be able to flash over the stock slot. However, there was a workaround that we used on the M, before it was unlocked, not sure if it will work on the Razr, though.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And let me also say flashing of your stock side is not recommended. If something goes sideways you will have to use the Utility to go back and lose all your data. That is the reason SS was created like that.

• neckchop, johnthehillbilly and RikRong like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users