Photo

Skipping Activation Prompt on XT912 (Phone Received March 2013)

Best Answer Guest_BDH_* , 20 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

You have no idea how many times I've switched the SIM between my phones and still have my unlimited data.

Just today, I switched my SIM between 2 Galaxy S3's and a Galaxy Nexus.

Also, the only way to bypass the SIM activation is if you're on ICS. Not on Jellybean.

You can't root because you have to be fully booted up and be able to turn on "usb debugging" before you can root.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Karmuhhhh

Karmuhhhh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

Greeting everyone! I have a small dilemma that I am looking to resolve: In May of last year I purchased the Droid Razr from Verizon. However, my RAZR took a crap on me so when the Windows Phone (HTC 8X) was released, I purchased one of those. I sent the Razr in for warranty replacement and just received a new refurb for a replacement. I do have one small problem, however. I would like to use my Razr for home wifi use/MP3 player for my car, but I can't get past the activation screen! I know most of you would say I should just pop in my sim and activate it, then go back to my Windows Phone, but I cannot do that for one simple reason: I am grandfathered into an unlimited data plan, and Verizon stated that if I switch phones, I will lose my unlimited data forever, even if it is just to activate this phone to use it and go back to my other one.

So, I though perhaps I could root my Razr to use without having activating it and use it around the house like I originally wanted to - but how would I go about this? I have scoured Google and could not find anything that would work. The most common remedy I found was to rotate the screen and touch the four corners, however when I turn my phone sideways, my phone does not auto-rotate. I don't know which version of Android I am running, but I am assuming it is a newer version that does not allow rotations during activation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:10 AM   Best Answer

You have no idea how many times I've switched the SIM between my phones and still have my unlimited data.

Also, the only way to bypass the SIM activation is if you're on ICS. Not on Jellybean.

You can't root because you have to be fully booted up and be able to turn on "usb debugging" before you can root.

• xCorps likes this

#3 xCorps

xCorps

Team RAGE Dark Apprentice (Developer Apprentice)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Twitter:Dev_Team_Rage
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Charge, Motorola Photon, HTC Incredible, Motorola Xoom, Galaxy Tab 7"

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

I used to be a sales manager with all the carriers, Verizon's my carrier, and I can concur with Hicks. You can swap your SIM card without worries.

Unless they've changed things in the past six months, but I don't believe so. I recommend swapping your SIM card to your RAZR, "activating" the device, and swap your SIM card back to your normal device.

I say " activating " because it doesn't really do anything if you have a SIM card that's already activated. It basically bypasses the activation screen during the setup process and says thank you for activating. :ph34r:

Team RAGE
Proud Member & Co-Owner

Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx running JellyBean 4.1.2

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

with the theme

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please hit Thanks/Like if I have been helpful.

teamragesigsxcorps.png

#4 Karmuhhhh

Karmuhhhh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Thank you guys very, very much for responding. I will give it a shot and report back with what happens! Thanks again!

• xCorps likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users