51 replies to this topic

#1 ranlil

ranlil

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

I had to FXZ to stock 246 to get the OTA.  That went well and I rooted and temporarily un-rooted.  Got the OTA then restored root.  Decided I wanted to 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

so installed Bionic Bootloader.  I did a Nandroid backup then did a restore data (from my previous Nandroid) and rebooted.  Got a Encryption error and was told to reboot to go back to 

.  That happened over and over (loop).  I decided to FXZ back to 246 again and now I keep getting a 6/21 flash cdt.bin FAIL.  So then I tried HOB flash and when I get to writing cdt.bin, I get Infoflash validation failure.  I get the same message when it gets down to writing boot.  I greatly appreciate any help.

Remove this...  No hope

#2 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

You have hope - you can flash the .22 JB FXZ - but you'll lose root.  You'll have a functioning phone, however.

#3 bigv5150

bigv5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerzey
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

John is right I did the same thing as you the bionic bootstrap doesn't work on jb. It took 7 hours and a lot of help from Samuri but my phone is fixed. We didn't have an fxz that was the problem now you should be able to fxz jb in about 30min. But buh bye root. Your problem was you tried to fxz back to ics you can't due to the security.

#4 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

man, that encryption error is a beotch even with an FXZ, it was a miracle I got out of mine from the xmas jelly on my razr before there was an FXZ, and I'm still not sure why it worked.  it took all day though, probably on the order of 12 FDRs and reflashing 2 or 3 times.

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

#5 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

I really wish somebody would make a standalone TWRP for the bionic and the razr.  I don't use multiple roms, I just need a custom recovery to flash mods with.  I can't always get ahold of timmy, he's taught me how to manually flash a lot of things, but there are a lot I don't know how to do yet.

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

#6 bigv5150

bigv5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerzey
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

I dont think you will ever see it the bionic is at the end of its life I would guess that most people will move on in the next 6-8 months.  Im just waiting for May to see what is in the pipe line but I need a unlocked device I cant figure out how to create a script to root and hate to rely on others to do it.  Look at where we are now with the bionic.

#7 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Scripting for root is actually not all that hard.  Most root methods use nothing but scripts to accomplish root so checking into those is a good place to start.  I started out my foray into Adnrodi with the Motorola DROID, so I learned the original manual method of rooting my phone, and it didn't change much through GB, other than locations, IIRC.

The hard part now is that you can't natively root the phone if it is already on JB (same with my Transformer Infinity, although I can still revert that JB to ICS to root and then take the OTA back to current....

#8 leanjohn

leanjohn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Ugh..... I am in a similar boat.  I flashed the OTA update, that seemed to go ok but wasn't getting any notifications afterwards.  So I tried to flash the full JB fxz...that didn't go so well, the phone would seem to boot (could hear the startup sounds, but no video would appear)  Tried using HOB to flash the .22 update and it fails on cdt.bin and boot steps.   Any help is appreciated!

Thanks guys!

#9 k.c.cole

k.c.cole

Droid Ninja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitter:kcalebcole
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

I really wish somebody would make a standalone TWRP for the bionic and the razr.  I don't use multiple roms, I just need a custom recovery to flash mods with.  I can't always get ahold of timmy, he's taught me how to manually flash a lot of things, but there are a lot I don't know how to do yet.

You can use it as a standalone, just don't use the ROM slots. All the other functionality of TWRP is there.

The primary issue with flashing ROMS for Bionic is the locked boatloader. I've used recovery on this device and having the safe system is so much better than not. I've soft bricked my phone shop many times in the past. Safestrap makes it nearly impossible.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#10 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Good news, everyone.  You can relax.  Well, if you know how to setup linux, samba, and follow instructions.  :D  Dan will be releasing a root exploit for 22 later tonight.  I know for a fact that it works.  ;)

• k.c.cole and CruzIzcaredoNotn like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#11 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

#12 darkstarchuck

darkstarchuck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

the phone would seem to boot (could hear the startup sounds, but no video would appear)

I have the symptoms described above, but here is how I arrived:

Followed all "Keep root" instructions, and was successful. I had one issue, "Motorola services" FC notice over and over. I had restored root and installed TWRP, so I made a STUPID decision to restore my nandroid of my stock system. Now I cannot FXZ, I get the failed flash on 5/21 for the .247, and 6/21 on the stock JB update. I can access TWRP, and stock recovery. .I have tried to format internal, and still cannot get thru flashing. I don't see how I can use the method of rooting, as I can't get the phone to operate. Help

#13 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

You need to use the 98.72.22 FXZ I'm afraid.  Nandroiding in JB is bad bad news.  And you'll have to use the new Linux samba root exploit. You're in for some enjoyable fun.

For the FXZ, put the phone in AP Fastboot mode and load it in RSD.

#14 darkstarchuck

darkstarchuck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

You need to use the 98.72.22 FXZ I'm afraid.  Nandroiding in JB is bad bad news.  And you'll have to use the new Linux samba root exploit. You're in for some enjoyable fun.

For the FXZ, put the phone in AP Fastboot mode and load it in RSD.

This is what I've done and it fails. It starts, and fails on step 6 of 21 (or 22). When I get home, I will ensure I have the file you list, but I'm almost positive. I thought it would be no big deal, as I flashed with RSD 5.7 many times, and always succeeded....Thanks for the quick reply, I'll be posting again when I get home. ~2 hours..

#15 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

This is what I've done and it fails. It starts, and fails on step 6 of 21 (or 22). When I get home, I will ensure I have the file you list, but I'm almost positive. I thought it would be no big deal, as I flashed with RSD 5.7 many times, and always succeeded....Thanks for the quick reply, I'll be posting again when I get home. ~2 hours..

I'll need to see the SWDL.txt log file from RSD to know what "step 6 of x" means....cause that doesn't tell me much.

#16 darkstarchuck

darkstarchuck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Understood, I did try yesterday @ work and found "FlashErrorLog" and "BlankFlashErrorLog", but no SWDL.txt. Don't think I got the drivers right at work, though. Will post as soon as I get home.

#17 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

It'll be in the RSD directory.  That'll give us a good picture of what's failing and maybe give us a clue on how to fix it.  

#18 darkstarchuck

darkstarchuck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Nothing but the same files here, as well, flashing the cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc.xml now, will look for the Log file before exiting. Will also copy the error message. Still no file. Does the PST_INI.exe need edited to give us the SWDL file? or did the process not go far enough to produce that log file?

"Failed flashing process. 5/24 oem fb_mode_set-> Phone returned FAIL.

#19 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,370 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Oh that shit.  Edit the xml file and remove completely the oem fb_mode lines.  Save it.  Flash with the modified xml.  Done.

#20 darkstarchuck

darkstarchuck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Phone screen capture:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)

0A.78

Battery OK