Photo

[AOSP-KERNEL] QCOM 3.4 Kernel Development [06/10: Android Booting - Firmware issues]

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#41 custer32

custer32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationScio, OH
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Droid X, & Eris

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

I'm sure this would take a while, but I haven't heard anything on this.? Is it still being worked on?

#42 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:koftheworld

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

I'm sure this would take a while, but I haven't heard anything on this.? Is it still being worked on?

Are you kidding? Hash has been updating the op and the 2nd post when he can. He's not going to stop working on it.

sent from my xt926 RAZR maxx hd
  • brandon71 likes this

#43 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:@Adam_Swint
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Razr M

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

Are you kidding? Hash has been updating the op and the 2nd post when he can. He's not going to stop working on it.

Hash also has quite a bit on his plate. Good things come to those who wait.
I didn't mean to rhyme.
I hope you eat a lime.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
  • jroc, djhbomber1, BytecodeMe and 5 others like this

owCdSyp.jpg

#44 jpmorris123

jpmorris123

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

First and foremost I want to thank you Hashcode for taking your time to make this kernel from the ground up. I have no idea what that entails but your work gives me a very general idea of what is going on and the time and effort put into this is amazing. Thanks, my Razr HD would be very boring without you.
t TT r RTT rrrrr rrrrrrrre

Would an app like PGM Galaxy Nexus (which enables slide to wake without touching the power button) be possible on the kernel you are building? Any plans to put in this awesome feature? I sorely miss this useful feature on my nexus and would gladly purchase an app( or other support) to enable this premium feature on your custom kernel in the future. I don't know how difficult this would be but I hope you consider it.

My Reasons for Slidetowake include:

- Great for waking your phone with any hand, no need to stretch fingers.

- Save stress on mechanical buttons

-Easier to unlock phone while it's lying on surface without grasping phone.

-possibly better for left handers.

-iPhones can't do it, they still use mechanical means of waking phone, same circle button used since the first iPhone( let's use capacitive ).

This can be achieved with minimal battery drain for those wondering.

Here is a link to the app that and those features that I and I'm sure many others would find usfeul on this phone.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks.

First and foremost I want to thank you Hashcode for taking your time to make this kernel from the ground up. I have no idea what that entails but your work gives me a very general idea of what is going on and the time and effort put into this is amazing. Thanks, my Razr HD would be very boring without you.

Would an app like PGM Galaxy Nexus (which enables slide to wake without touching the power button) be possible on the kernel you are building? Any plans to put in this awesome feature? I sorely miss this useful feature on my nexus and would gladly purchase an app( or other support) to enable this premium feature on your custom kernel in the future. I don't know how difficult this would be but I hope you consider it.

My Reasons for Slidetowake include:

- Great for waking your phone with any hand, no need to stretch fingers.

- Save stress on mechanical buttons

-Easier to unlock phone while it's lying on surface without grasping phone.

-possibly better for left handers.

-iPhones can't do it, they still use mechanical means of waking phone, same circle button used since the first iPhone( let's use capacitive ).

This can be achieved with minimal battery drain for those wondering.

Here is a link to the app that and those features that I and I'm sure many others would find usfeul on this phone.

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#45 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

This is truly amazing to see this.  I am VERY excited by this work.  Hash, definite big thank you for working on this and to everyone who is helping.  I just joined the RAZR HD family last week and am looking forward to the amazing things this work opens up to us.  Thank you!

• jroc, Narffran, bdazzg1 and 5 others like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#46 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

Sir, i do not know if this Kernel issue or not, but if it is kernel thing you might want to consider it during building the kernel, the issue is that on all the current 4.2.2 Roms the data is not working if you are using the xt926 out of USA, i.e if you live in france and using local french SIM card, this issue did not exist in previous version as it was working normal with me on all the 4.1 ROMs.

just wanted to highlight it in case if it is a kernel thing.

#47 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Sir, i do not know if this Kernel issue or not, but if it is kernel thing you might want to consider it during building the kernel, the issue is that on all the current 4.2.2 Roms the data is not working if you are using the xt926 out of USA, i.e if you live in france and using local french SIM card, this issue did not exist in previous version as it was working normal with me on all the 4.1 ROMs.

Sounds like a radio issue to me. The 926 is CDMA only, so it won't work on international GSM networks. Hence why the 925 exists ;) 926 is USA only.

• Shenn likes this

owCdSyp.jpg

#48 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Sounds like a radio issue to me. The 926 is CDMA only, so it won't work on international GSM networks. Hence why the 925 exists ;) 926 is USA only.

That's not true. You can use the xt926 internationally you just have to check the network frequencies . If you're on Verizon you can call in and get your sim unlocked to use over seas.

• Shenn likes this

#49 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

That's not true. You can use the xt926 internationally you just have to check the network frequencies . If you're on Verizon you can call in and get your sim unlocked to use over seas.

So then would it be an issue with the radios? Maybe try flashing the radio.img file pulled from a stock rom? That's what I would try.

• Shenn likes this

owCdSyp.jpg

#50 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

So then would it be an issue with the radios? Maybe try flashing the radio.img file pulled from a stock rom? That's what I would try.

You have to unlock your sim first through Verizon (not sure about dev edition) then you can use any sim from overseas depending if radios on the hd correspond to the new carrier.

• Shenn likes this

#51 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

thanks guys for all the replies, the phone does not need unlocking if you use international SIM out of USA, i was using it and i am still using it with no any problem at all, it is fully function, but once i flash 4.2.2 ROM i lose DATA only i still can SMS, call and receive calls, but no data, i am not sure about the Radio thing, but i will try it, can someone guide me please

#52 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

actually i think the problem in mobile network option, it has changed, before it looks like the attached picture, but in 4.2.2 ROMS, it is totally different as an example the access point name disappeared 

Attached Files

#53 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

thanks guys for all the replies, the phone does not need unlocking if you use international SIM out of USA, i was using it and i am still using it with no any problem at all, it is fully function, but once i flash 4.2.2 ROM i lose DATA only i still can SMS, call and receive calls, but no data, i am not sure about the Radio thing, but i will try it, can someone guide me please

Last time I checked vzw still sim locked... Maybe I've been asleep.

#54 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Last time I checked vzw still sim locked... Maybe I've been asleep.

man maybe you checked inside USA, but you can see in my picture it is working and i am using latest Fuzion ROM :)

#55 tom1226

tom1226

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

XT926 is SIM-locked in the USA (although I believe there was a thread over on XDA about a radio flash using Aussie radios that allowed access to US GSM providers), but is a "world phone" and is not supposed to be locked internationally.  That said, I have no idea about the difference in the 4.1 and 4.2 roms in how the switch would affect this. Good luck! 

• Shenn likes this

#56 yellowpanther

yellowpanther

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD (xt926)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:10 AM

Hi,

As said in

, I have same problem as Shenn.

I tried to fastboot flash stock radio (NON-HLOS.bin) from VZW_XT926_4.1.2 (got from "DroidHD Utility Lite"), but still no data.

Here you can find some pictures of differences between 4.2.2 (left) and 4.1.2 (right), if it could help :

#57 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

yellowpanther, on 08 May 2013 - 4:10 PM, said:

Hi,

As said in

, I have same problem as Shenn.

I tried to fastboot flash stock radio (NON-HLOS.bin) from VZW_XT926_4.1.2 (got from "DroidHD Utility Lite"), but still no data.

Here you can find some pictures of differences between 4.2.2 (left) and 4.1.2 (right), if it could help :

This might sound strange but it worked for me, i flashed ElementalX nightly build ROM for xt925 (yes i have xt926) but the ROM worked great with no issues at all, give it a go and see what will happen, in case it acts funny during the first boot after flashing, do not panic leave it till the phone start (will take sometime) it might keep acting funny after phone is on, then switch the phone off (holding volume key up and down while pressing the power key) then switch on again and it will work totally normal, that is exactly what happened to me, it might work with you normal from the beginning, i do not know if it is allowed to post a link for it or not, but if you could not find it via google let me know and i will PM it for you. 

#58 yellowpanther

yellowpanther

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD (xt926)

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

This might sound strange but it worked for me, i flashed ElementalX nightly build ROM for xt925 (yes i have xt926) but the ROM worked great with no issues at all, give it a go and see what will happen, in case it acts funny during the first boot after flashing, do not panic leave it till the phone start (will take sometime) it might keep acting funny after phone is on, then switch the phone off (holding volume key up and down while pressing the power key) then switch on again and it will work totally normal, that is exactly what happened to me, it might work with you normal from the beginning, i do not know if it is allowed to post a link for it or not, but if you could not find it via google let me know and i will PM it for you. 

I tested it today and it worked, thank you very much ! :)

• Shenn likes this

#59 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

Just to clarify for those about the sim lock VZW uses on motorola phones (not sure about other vendors). They are sim unlocked from the start but will not accept a USA carrier sim. The radios are coded not to. They will accept any non - us sim without contacting VZW.

• Shenn likes this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#60 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

please guys let's not spam the topic about this issue, thank you all for your feedback i posted it in ROM bugs thread, lets keep this topic to Hash kernel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users