#41 ndtemple417

ndtemple417

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSouth Kakalake
  • Current Device(s):Note 2

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

so is it unoffically official no windows version of the root exploit to be released no complianing and forever thankful just saying....just curios thats all

#42 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,459 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

It need linux.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#43 ndtemple417

ndtemple417

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSouth Kakalake
  • Current Device(s):Note 2

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

k no prob thanks

#44 hadeshorn9

hadeshorn9

Moot Minion

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • LocationBoston MA area
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64gb, Dell Venue 8, Chromecast

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

It need linux.

I can do that without a live CD! Hope that's enough! But we shall see!

OG -> Bionic -> (2013) Moto X DE -> Nexus 6 64gb Running 5.1 via Samuri's HoN 

#45 dfib

dfib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:Dfib1

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thank you Dan

#46 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

so is it unoffically official no windows version of the root exploit to be released no complianing and forever thankful just saying....just curios thats all

Yes sir, last I've seen this will only work when executed via a linux terminal. Soooo yeah. They tried to port it to windows when this was first created by Dan and they had some kind of permission issues. So those who don't know linux or ANYTHING about VM or Bootable USB sticks. You've got a day or two warning to get your act together. Try Youtube or something, The link I posted to make a bootable USB stick is pretty self explanatory and all you need to do is make sure you set your computers BIOS to check your USB before your hard drive for an OS. Most computers this involves pressing an "F" or function key from boot and which F key is normally printed on your screen while booting.

• johnlgalt likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#47 bigtex52

bigtex52

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter:@STM8TR
  • LocationDallas

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

What Linux distro do you recommend for a USB stick created with LiLi?

#48 SirEagle

SirEagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Working on the bootable Linux USB now. Just debating if I want to use that or pull out my retired PC and load Linux on it again.

Droid Bionic - JB - Rooted

#49 rlewis312010

rlewis312010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Enter the "Need it for mac or windows please" types after release. Awesome, Dan is THE best. He saw bounty and thought, "Decent dinner with that bounty" and made reservations. Lol, a joke but he is that good. His post was awesome. Fxz, jb, root exploit.

#50 ditz2009

ditz2009

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

For my bionic, I'am in $20

• livinginkaos likes this

#51 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

What Linux distro do you recommend for a USB stick created with LiLi?

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. This is designed for an Ubuntu or at least a compatible to Ubuntu distro. 

READ AS: Only tested on Ubuntu

• johnlgalt and Staf_in_Wah like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#52 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Damn.  I have nothing to donate.

I'll have to give him money when I am able....

#53 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Amazing Dan.  Just amazing. I can't thank you enough, I've been wanting to get off my 912 and back to my bionic very very badly.  Even intellectually knowing I need root for most of the fun stuff I do with my phone, it's still a shock to have lost it.  Every single workaround you think of for NOT having root requires, well, root. LOL.  Hopefully my next device will be a Maxx HD so I can benefit from the insanely intuitive work you did on the bootloader, but the bionic will always be close to my heart.

• tucstwo likes this

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

#54 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Damn. I have nothing to donate.

I'll have to give him money when I am able....

FWIW, Dan has never been the type to act like it's all about the money. So I wouldn't sweat. You could be much worse and be the type to pledge money and then not come through. That is the worst type of person. I would think it's better to be honest and say "Thank you so much, this is very much appreciated, but I can't afford to donate right now." Rather than to say, "I'll give you 25 bucks" And then just weasel your way out. Don't sweat it "John".

Amazing Dan. Just amazing. I can't thank you enough, I've been wanting to get off my 912 and back to my bionic very very badly. Even intellectually knowing I need root for most of the fun stuff I do with my phone, it's still a shock to have lost it. Every single workaround you think of for NOT having root requires, well, root. LOL. Hopefully my next device will be a Maxx HD so I can benefit from the insanely intuitive work you did on the bootloader, but the bionic will always be close to my heart.

I think I'm tearing up :unsure: sniff sniff. LOL!

This is great news for everyone!
  • johnlgalt, Obsidian and livinginkaos like this

#55 Staf_in_Wah

Staf_in_Wah

Protecting our Libraries from the Zombie Apocalypse!!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts
  • Twitter:darthbiblia
  • LocationIowa
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7 Pr0, TicwatchPro 3, Huawei MediaPad M5

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. This is designed for an Ubuntu or at least a compatible to Ubuntu distro. 

READ AS: Only tested on Ubuntu

Yay! My husband attempting to put Linux on all of our old computers will finally pay off!

• tucstwo and hadeshorn9 like this

a girl has no sig

#56 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Count me in for a minimum of 10, and a minimum of 10 on behalf of johnlgalt. And many thanks, djrbliss, for everything you do for our community
  • tucstwo, johnlgalt, Platy87 and 2 others like this

#57 Jmath679

Jmath679

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:Jmath679

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I am def in for 10 after Thursday. I could possibly talk my bro who lost root to do the same.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  • livinginkaos likes this

#58 rlewis312010

rlewis312010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Just getting Ubuntu right now (version 12?) and will try VM.  Easy enough to dual boot if I need to.  If VM just will not cut it. 

#59 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

I have had much practice with this and will likely throw a video together for windows users in a VM environment once there is a working version.  

Yup.  I have mine set up and ready to go already.  Just need the new exploit to push.  The Man is so freaking good at this it's scary.   :)  We are truly not worthy.

The only reason I would lean toward a bootable USB stick over VM is that I have already (with the other phone that uses this exploit) seen people have problems with the Linux VM seeing their device. But whatever seems easier to the end user I suppose.

True I will try to do own for both if I can. I too had many of the VM difficulties that were mentioned with the prior method, but I was able to overcome them so hopefully I can avoid those same issues.

The live CD can bring some of the same difficulties so be sure to do some reading.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#60 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Just getting Ubuntu right now (version 12?) and will try VM.  Easy enough to dual boot if I need to.  If VM just will not cut it. 

You can boot it however you decide is best. But yeah, the recommended version is Ubuntu 12.04.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users