153 replies to this topic

#21 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

ah yes. forgot about nfc but that looks to be fixed now anyway (4/21 build lets me disable and it shuts off). I leave mine on as the power draw is minimal.

Ability to turn NFC off is fixed on AOKP for me now. Basically, once I rebooted it was off. I hadn't previously rebooted because of the phone/MMS issue, but now that there's a fix for those I can reboot, which fixed the other thing, haha.

Lol there were a lot of quirks we were willing to tolerate since we couldn't reboot :-P

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#22 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

That fix above seems to have taken care of phone and MMS issues for me (AOKP).

#23 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

This should not be in general. IMO. <br /><br />Sparky has a fix for MMS. <br /><br />This will fix most issues , thanks for posting Arcane.<br /><br />I'm working on a few things as well like GPS.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2<br />

#24 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

This should not be in general. IMO. <br /><br />Sparky has a fix for MMS. I'm working on a few things as well like GPS.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

It was moved back. The fixes are listed in the updated OP and I'll continue to add them as they're found. When they're consistently fixed in all ROMs I'll strike them through.

Posted Image

#25 divadem

divadem

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

I should mention, though, that it seems to happen a lot more for me on 4.2.2 roms than it does on stock.

This^

#26 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

I should mention, though, that it seems to happen a lot more for me on 4.2.2 roms than it does on stock.

This^

Yeah, I added it to the OP a few hours ago. First item.

• divadem likes this

Posted Image

#27 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Lol there were a lot of quirks we were willing to tolerate since we couldn't reboot :-P

Haha exactly.

#28 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Now that we have a fix for the MMS/phone issue I would like to go back to AOKP, but I have had no luck getting GPS to work on it or CM10.1. I've tried restoring a backup of a stock based rom, getting a lock then restoring my AOKP/CM backup. But that never works for me. Can someone that has successfully completed the gps-rom shuffle post the steps you used. I've followed all the suggestions I've seen and still no GPS. :(

#29 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Now that we have a fix for the MMS/phone issue I would like to go back to AOKP, but I have had no luck getting GPS to work on it or CM10.1. I've tried restoring a backup of a stock based rom, getting a lock then restoring my AOKP/CM backup. But that never works for me. Can someone that has successfully completed the gps-rom shuffle post the steps you used. I've followed all the suggestions I've seen and still no GPS. :(

Did you try the app I posted in the link above outdoors? It's taken as long as 15s to for it force the GPS awake but once it does it's fine for me til i reboot. You'll see the dots start going green as it acquires the satellites and when the compass releases (it'll seem stuck at first) it's fully fixed. 

Posted Image

#30 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Did you try the app I posted in the link above outdoors? It's taken as long as 15s to for it force the GPS awake but once it does it's fine for me til i reboot. You'll see the dots start going green as it acquires the satellites and when the compass releases (it'll seem stuck at first) it's fully fixed.

I can see 19 birds and lock onto 12 in about 3-5 seconds sitting by the big window at the end of my couch (on stock). I've let GPS Status search for 2-3 minutes in the same position with nothing on CM/AOKP. I've read of some people saying they backed up the app in their stock rom and restored it on AOKP to get it working but I have not tried that yet.

Stock (Nexusque v3) GPS is unreal on this phone. This was in the house 8ft from a window with the blinds closed.
Screenshot_2013-04-23-20-05-53.png
That was 4 seconds to lock onto 14 which jumped to 16 before I was able to capture.

#31 swboland

swboland

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Can someone who has successfully used the build.prop edits confirm for me that they fix the mms bug that made it not string group messages?

#32 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

I can see 19 birds and lock onto 12 in about 3-5 seconds sitting by the big window at the end of my couch (on stock). I've let GPS Status search for 2-3 minutes in the same position with nothing on CM/AOKP. I've read of some people saying they backed up the app in their stock rom and restored it on AOKP to get it working but I have not tried that yet.

Weird. I assume you wiped clean and didn't restore anything when you came to CM? The one thing I've noticed is that the people trying to restore data via various apps are the ones having trouble with this. I've yet to stumble across someone who can't pull a lock who did a clean install and didn't try to restore anything other than what auto-pulls from Google. Albeit, I'll be honest I haven't looked into it very hard as I don't have this problem through multiple installs of CM10/10.1 (mostly 10.1). Not sure what I'm doing that other people aren't. Obviously it's a problem but through 10+ wipes I haven't had a GPS issue that I couldn't fix fairly easily. Course now I'm sure I Jinxed myself... :p

Edit: PS. with that screenshot I now know where you live ;)

Posted Image

#33 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Can someone who has successfully used the build.prop edits confirm for me that they fix the mms bug that made it not string group messages?

Yes this has been confirmed on multiple forums.

Posted Image

#34 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Weird. I assume you wiped clean and didn't restore anything when you came to CM? The one thing I've noticed is that the people trying to restore data via various apps are the ones having trouble with this. I've yet to stumble across someone who can't pull a lock who did a clean install and didn't try to restore anything other than what auto-pulls from Google. Albeit, I'll be honest I haven't looked into it very hard as I don't have this problem through multiple installs of CM10/10.1 (mostly 10.1). Not sure what I'm doing that other people aren't. Obviously it's a problem but through 10+ wipes I haven't had a GPS issue that I couldn't fix fairly easily. Course now I'm sure I Jinxed myself... :p

Edit: PS. with that screenshot I now know where you live ;)

I didn't say I was sitting on MY couch. :lol:

I always install fresh and I don't even let Google restore my apps, let alone restore from TB. You would think after installing 3 different CM10.1 roms and an AOKP GPS on one of the installs should have worked by accident. :blink:

Oh well, might try again after I get the kiddos in bed, thx.

Edit - Guess I did say it was my couch, now I'm skeared! :wacko:

#35 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

I didn't say I was sitting on MY couch. :lol:

I always install fresh and I don't even let Google restore my apps, let alone restore from TB. You would think after installing 3 different CM10.1 roms and an AOKP GPS on one of the installs should have worked by accident. :blink:

Oh well, might try again after I get the kiddos in bed, thx.

Edit - Guess I did say it was my couch, now I'm skeared! :wacko:

Dude, pick up the garbage can sitting knocked over outside. Jeez. :p

Posted Image

#36 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Seems like one more try at fixing the GPS did the trick, it's working great now.

I tried to make the buildprop edits but ES File Explorer crashed when saving the file and hosed it up. I pulled the one from the AOKP zip, edited it then put it in the system folder but I must have screwed up the permissions because the phone wouldn't boot. :lol:

I ended up wiping everything but data and reinstalling the rom and gapps. I guess I should install root explorer and try again. Does it matter where the new lines are added to the buildprop?

#37 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Seems like one more try at fixing the GPS did the trick, it's working great now.

I tried to make the buildprop edits but ES File Explorer crashed when saving the file and hosed it up. I pulled the one from the AOKP zip, edited it then put it in the system folder but I must have screwed up up because the phone wouldn't boot. :lol:

I ended up wiping everything but data and reinstalling the rom and gapps. I guess I should install root explorer and try again. Does it matter where the new lines are added to the buildprop?

It shouldn't matter as far as the location within the file. Don't use ES for edits as it has issues with plain text editing. Use root explorer or even the file explorer built into CM. The CM one uses nice pretty colors to show you that you're doing it right and now screwing up ;). See next post for a screeny.

Posted Image

#38 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

Mine looks like this. Sorry for the double post but Tapatalk wouldn't let me add it to the existing post...

Attached Files

• animez likes this

Posted Image

#39 keithkenda

keithkenda

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationwaterbury ct
  • Current Device(s):droid razr hd

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

I had read somewhere on this forum yesterday about said changes to build prop and cant find the post and it may sound noobish but where do we start editing in build prop?im sure you guys are sick of answering but I heard adding it in at the very bottom?true?

#40 keithkenda

keithkenda

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationwaterbury ct
  • Current Device(s):droid razr hd

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

nevermind my computer was acting up,got the pics now above

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users