#21 Faateh

Faateh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

How can we make it work on xt905 ? or xt902? any alternative?

#22 motoroid7

motoroid7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:motoroid7
  • LocationBloomington, Indiana
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Worked great! Thanks for your time and effort!

Twitter: @motoroid7

ADN: @seven07

#23 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:11 AM

unless Motorola releases a OTA update... they could lock it back up so it is best if there is an OTA dont take it till the fastboot files are out. or Matt is kind enough to make an update of his tool  :p

The bootloader is unlocked for good. The only thing they could do is patch future OTAs so that if you have not unlocked prior to the OTA you would not be able to unlock. 

You are correct in staying away from OTAs once unlocked.  :)

In theory, they could re-lock via ota. Via blowing another fuse and forcing it to be locked. Theoretically. So yeah, keep away from OTAs

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

#24 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

In theory, they could re-lock via ota. Via blowing another fuse and forcing it to be locked. Theoretically. So yeah, keep away from OTAs

From what I understand this is not possible. Just like you cannot put a firecracker back together once it is blown. The best they could do is have an OTA that prevents unlocking for people that have not unlocked yet.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#25 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

From what I understand this is not possible. Just like you cannot put a firecracker back together once it is blown. The best they could do is have an OTA that prevents unlocking for people that have not unlocked yet.

IIRC the BL checks another qfuse to see if it's permanently locked (see hashcode's writeup) - they could blow that one to perma-lock it

#26 SuFuS01dier

SuFuS01dier

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

I had this tool on my laptop and it worked great. I recently had to reinstall windows on my aging dell, and now when I open the utility and I click on any key like it tells me to- it give the message "findstr.exe" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I deleted and redownloaded it 3 times. I'm not sure what I did different from the first time I had it, but I don't like not having this working since its kind of a security blanket. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#27 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

I had this tool on my laptop and it worked great. I recently had to reinstall windows on my aging dell, and now when I open the utility and I click on any key like it tells me to- it give the message "findstr.exe" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I deleted and redownloaded it 3 times. I'm not sure what I did different from the first time I had it, but I don't like not having this working since its kind of a security blanket. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Did you unzip the Utility using Winrar or similar?? That internal/external is usually from trying to run the Bat file from within a compressed zip...

Another possibility is making sure you are running as Admin

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#28 SuFuS01dier

SuFuS01dier

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Did you unzip the Utility using Winrar or similar?? That internal/external is usually from trying to run the Bat file from within a compressed zip...

Another possibility is making sure you are running as Admin

I extracted using 7zip to a folder on my desktop. It let me install the drivers so I think its unzipped successfully. I deleted it again and going to try one more time. Edit
jzip is what I used

#29 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

I extracted using 7zip to a folder on my desktop. It let me install the drivers so I think its unzipped successfully. I deleted it again and going to try one more time. Edit
jzip is what I used

try winrar

• SuFuS01dier likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#30 SuFuS01dier

SuFuS01dier

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

try winrar

Ill give that a shot tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

#31 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

well did it work...... oh the suspence 

• neckchop likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#32 SuFuS01dier

SuFuS01dier

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

well did it work...... oh the suspence 

I got the same result with winzip, but the funny thing is that after I open it and it says find.str command error thing-i can then type the number 1-6 and hit enter and it will do all of the functions of the utility. I just had to look on my browser to see what each number did. I won't know if it will do them correctly until I need to start over again. More suspence:D

#33 blindman

blindman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

My RAZR m is on 4.2.1. I factory reset my phone. Ran option 5 to root. Utility says success! But the phone is not rooted. Voodo root keeper says rooted but su binaries out of date. Tried to update binaries through su and failed. Any suggestions would be appreciated<br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

#34 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

My RAZR m is on 4.2.1. I factory reset my phone. Ran option 5 to root. Utility says success! But the phone is not rooted. Voodo root keeper says rooted but su binaries out of date. Tried to update binaries through su and failed. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Run Option 1 and then try again.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
  • shane1 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#35 blindman

blindman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

I may have found the problem. I have rooted this phone before and moved Superuser to system APS. Then I lost root. Is there anyway to delete the old superuser ap so there is no conflict with superuserSU. I don'r want to wipe the phone again. This is my wife's phone. I thought I had backed her data with mybackup but the phone is not recognizing the SD card. Lost all her data. I'm in the dog house.<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

#36 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

If it's in system/apps and you don't have root I don't think you can delete it because you need root to delete system apps

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#37 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

I may have found the problem. I have rooted this phone before and moved Superuser to system APS. Then I lost root. Is there anyway to delete the old superuser ap so there is no conflict with superuserSU. I don'r want to wipe the phone again. This is my wife's phone. I thought I had backed her data with mybackup but the phone is not recognizing the SD card. Lost all her data. I'm in the dog house.<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

does you computer recognize the sdcard?

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#38 blindman

blindman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:34 AM

Haven't tries that yet<br /><br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

#39 blindman

blindman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

Would running option 1 remove the old superuser app from the system apps?<br /><br />Is there a way to get the old superuser in system apps to update binary and play nice without running option 1?<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

#40 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

Would running option 1 remove the old superuser app from the system apps?

Is there a way to get the old superuser in system apps to update binary and play nice without running option 1?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Option 1 will remove Superuser from system.

If you don't listen to our advice no point in giving it out more.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
  • shane1 and brandon71 like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users