n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:jessyerae
  • Locationlargo, fl
  • Current Device(s):motorola razr hd, lg optimus m+

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hi can you help me out? I bought a razr m xt907 for $50 dollars off someone and they told me the battery was dead, I do have a good understanding of phones but not motorolar. But when I finall had it on the charger for 24 hours with no battery or charge logo, a screen finally popped up, the AP fastboot screen. But it doesn't give me options, it goes right into the AP fastboot mode saying connect usb but even when I try to flash with matt's utility or rsd lite or even command prompt it says unknown partition name system/boot/recovery/etc.... At the bottom of that screen when it first pops up it says failed to write partition gpt_main, failed to load GPT, CID Read Failure, Invalid CID status 0x69, No SP partition found, Fastboot Reason: Invalid GPT. Any Ideas? I have spent two weeks trying to fix this, and I got ahold of who I purchased it from and he said it was in boot loop and he tried to flash it, I'm guessing with wrong version or something. I would donate to a paypal account if you could help, please!!!! -Nick

#82 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

This may sound like a crazy question , but are you positive it is a xt 907... or is it possible it is a xt905?

Only ask because it appears that everything if failing to flash

Are you getting anything on either APFastboot screen, command prompt, or RSDlite that says battery low?

Do you have the proper sbf file for it from here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#83 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

If there isn't even a boot or system partition my thought is it is a brick. Maybe the previous owner delayed the partitions with one of those nasty wipe everything tool for a different device. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

The device# should be present on the back case. You may have to get out in the right light to see it.

From My S4 Dev Edition

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#84 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,441 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

I am working with this user through PM.  So far not successful but trying one last thing. Very possibly bricked but we'll see.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#85 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I am working with this user through PM. So far not successful but trying one last thing. Very possibly bricked but we'll see.

If his GPT is fried, that's bad

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

#86 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,441 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

If his GPT is fried, that's bad

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Yea, I'm not 100% sure what can be done.  I was trying to help but they stopped responding for now.  I was having them try the new House of Moto but I don't think the FXZ was set up properly.

#87 Knussman

Knussman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

what battery percentage does it need to be to run the utility, i had it up to 60% fastboot ab said battery good but the utility says failed and I am still at stuck on the motorola  screen

#88 Knussman

Knussman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

never mind let battery charge up to 70% and it worked, the utility is very much a live saver for me. thank you so much

• RikRong likes this

#89 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

what battery percentage does it need to be to run the utility, i had it up to 60% fastboot ab said battery good but the utility says failed and I am still at stuck on the motorola screen

never mind let battery charge up to 70% and it worked, the utility is very much a live saver for me. thank you so much

For future reference.... you should never run any of the utilities below 70-80% battery (fully charged is preferred) ....

For example, if your battery meter is not reading right due to bad calibration (from flashing ROMs etc) ..... then you can end up with "low battery flash failure" and be stuck in AP Fastboot (where the phone will not charge) ..... then you will need to get a TBH "factory cable" to be able to reflash or re run the utility.......

Just some food for thought......

HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!

• RikRong likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#90 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

Read through the thread and searched elsewhere, including sbf.droid-developers.org, but don't see an answer to my question .... not new to rooting or that, but trying to get up to speed on the Razr M. I'm using TWRP ... not looking for suggestions about the other recovery options.

Matt has a thread on another Razr M forum for this 1.20 Utility, at the top of which he states: "DO NOT USE THIS UTILITY ON THE LATEST 4.1.2 OTA UPDATE." That same disclaimer doesn't appear here, so .... here's my set-up and question(s)

I'm on 4.1.2 system 98.16.3 showing build 9.8.1Q-78-1 with bootloader already unlocked and rooted.

Here's what I'm not clear about:

1) Can I still use Matt's Utility to bail myself out if I soft brick or what to return to a clean slate .... and not risk locked bootloader? 

2) Or do I need to use one of the ...xml.zip files via RSD (then I assume re-unlock bootloader via Motopocalypse)? 

3) ....then if must use RSD route, unsure which ...xml.zip file to use since none show the same 9.8.1Q-78-1 build.

Thanks for helping me get up to speed.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#91 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Read through the thread and searched elsewhere, including sbf.droid-developers.org, but don't see an answer to my question .... not new to rooting or that, but trying to get up to speed on the Razr M. I'm using TWRP ... not looking for suggestions about the other recovery options.

Matt has a thread on another Razr M forum for this 1.20 Utility, at the top of which he states: "DO NOT USE THIS UTILITY ON THE LATEST 4.1.2 OTA UPDATE." That same disclaimer doesn't appear here, so .... here's my set-up and question(s)

I'm on 4.1.2 system 98.16.3 showing build 9.8.1Q-78-1 with bootloader already unlocked and rooted.

Here's what I'm not clear about:

1) Can I still use Matt's Utility to bail myself out if I soft brick or what to return to a clean slate .... and not risk locked bootloader? 

2) Or do I need to use one of the ...xml.zip files via RSD (then I assume re-unlock bootloader via Motopocalypse)? 

3) ....then if must use RSD route, unsure which ...xml.zip file to use since none show the same 9.8.1Q-78-1 build.

Thanks for helping me get up to speed.

You'll be fine with Matt's Utility. Your bootloader cannot be re-locked. You will have to re-root after using the Utility. 

• cvhovey likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#92 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,441 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

Another option for you is the House of Moto.  It has support for the xt907.  Basically install the House of Moto, the support file for the xt907, and then pick the FXZ you want to use with it and extract it to an FXZ_xt907 folder inside the HouseOfMoto folder.  Then you'll have an array of scripts you can use with your chosen FXZ that you can apply to your phone...ranging from a universal script that allows you to up/downgrade to new/old OS versions as you see fit, while keeping data in tact, to performing a KEEP DATA script that reinstalls your current version without wiping your data, or you can do a FULL which factory resets the phone.  And you can learn to make your own scripts for it and add them to the tool as needed.

• cvhovey, Memnoch73 and johnthehillbilly like this

#93 cvhovey

cvhovey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

You'll be fine with Matt's Utility. Your bootloader cannot be re-locked. You will have to re-root after using the Utility. 

Thanks! 

• Memnoch73 likes this

#94 cvhovey

cvhovey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Another option for you is the House of Moto.  It has support for the xt907.  ... then pick the FXZ you want to use with it and extract it ...

Thank you for suggesting that option. When going that route, I'd assume I would use the following FXZ matching what I have on my phone at present:

VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-78-1_1FF.xml.zip

Noticed some start with VRZ... and some with VZW... which made me wonder if some are for retail phone and some for dev phones (mine is retail b/l unlocked, not dev).

#95 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,441 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Thank you for suggesting that option. When going that route, I'd assume I would use the following FXZ matching what I have on my phone at present:

VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-78-1_1FF.xml.zip

Noticed some start with VRZ... and some with VZW... which made me wonder if some are for retail phone and some for dev phones (mine is retail b/l unlocked, not dev).

That's the right one.  Their naming convention leaves a lot....to be desired.  Make sure you read carefully how to install the FXZ.  The files should end up in the root of the FXZ_xt907 folder.  If you need any help with it, just drop a message in the House of Moto thread.

• cvhovey and johnthehillbilly like this

#96 Stabone

Stabone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

I just had my phone replaced at a Verizon store. The replacement they gave me has system version 98.16.1 (build number "9.8.1Q-66-1" if that makes a difference.. I'm still learning the M. just upgraded from the OG Razr a few days ago). I know that on 98.16.3 the bootloader can't be unlocked for other Roms. With this version will using the bootloader unlock still work or am I still out of luck?

I would like to install CM 10.1 but don't know if I can with the version I have on it now.  Thanks for the help.

#97 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,441 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

It should.  Give it a try.  If it fails then you're out of luck but, if it works you're golden from here on out.  If it fails it won't do anything to your install so no need to worry about that.

#98 izkarnage

izkarnage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

DroidRazrUtilityLogo.png

This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR M XT907. Do NOT use this on an XT905!

DROID RAZR M Utility 1.20
Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

You can grab the latest Utility @

- Windows Instructions
Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

YOrlfVS.png

- Mac & Linux Instructions
Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.

You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID RAZR M Utility 1.20:
*These are not to be done in numerical order. Options 3,4, and 6 require Root Access.

Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 System, Kernel, and Radio as well we wipe your data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 Stock Recovery.

Number 3 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash TWRP Recovery by Hashcode.

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash CWM Recovery by Hashcode.

Number 5 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's root exploit called 'Motochopper'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled.

Number 6 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install an App version of Dan Rosenberg's Motopocalypse exploit for unlocking the bootloader.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Hashcode for CWM and TWRP. Thanks to Djrbliss for Motochopper and Motopocalypse!

Can Anyone help I've messed up my phone by trying to flash another fastboot file using RSD. it deleted my whole system. i can get into the ap fastboot flash mode and all that just cant boot past that. any help on flashing back to the original system of my razr m? i've tried this method btw. any help or knowledge on what i should/could do will be greatly appriciated. thanks in advance. 

#99 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

You probably need more current fxz files than are in the utility. Head over to Sams House of Moto or get the current file and use rsd.

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#100 izkarnage

izkarnage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

You probably need more current fxz files than are in the utility. Head over to Sams House of Moto or get the current file and use rsd.

Could you please email me so it can be more helpful as i walk through the steps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users