raidermc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWestern New York

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

Good morning;

I am having troubles getting root.

Everything runs good until it hits daemon started successfully  then it hangs.

Am I Missing something??

It is what it is

#102 levski

levski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMontreal Canada
  • Current Device(s):XT910

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

Look at my post, had the same issue.

Smart IS beautiful!

#103 raidermc

raidermc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

Look at my post, had the same issue.

Smart IS beautiful!

Where are you looking for that

It is what it is

#104 raidermc

raidermc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

It looks like my device is selected but I still hang on daemon started successfully

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated

It is what it is

#105 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

So you don't get the "Device Found" ?  Make sure you have the updated drivers, moto cable, usb debugging on.  You might also start fresh by rebooting both devices.  You can also try using a different USB port - be sure to let the drivers install completely again before running if they aren't already.

• Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#106 raidermc

raidermc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

Figured it out!!

I was missing the virtual box usb drivers.

Once this was install all went well :<)

• livinginkaos likes this
It is what it is

#107 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Glad to hear !  Usually is something simple.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#108 raidermc

raidermc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

Glad to hear !  Usually is something simple.

Thanxs for getting back to me!!

It is what it is

#109 nesdude

nesdude

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

Rooted on the first go. Only problem I had was something about a SD card being corrupted and to format it, but it wasn't actually the SD card (ext), it was internal storage. I dunno. Everything was backed up so wiping it wasn't a big deal.

Thanks for the simple way to root!

• Int_Rnd_Pooka and livinginkaos like this

#110 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

I actually had the same exact problem. I got to the JB stock ROM by using the FXZ so I didn't have to flash the JB cdt.bin (I flashed the ICS cdt.bin), not by taking the OTA.

I had to format my internal SD after rooting as well, but it may have been from the modded FXZ I did too

#111 wetzel402

wetzel402

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

I have two small suggestions:

1. Make a note of when to press the pysical keys if the phone reboots.  I pressed the keys many times while booting and after just in case.  Also if people had their phone vibrate more than normal during the reboot it might be nice to add that to the note also so people don't freak out.

2.  Add a note in the OP about clicking the USB devices toggle for Vertual Box.  I have used enough vertual machines to know but some noobs may not figure it out.

Excellent root metheod and very easy to use.

Thank you very much!

#112 Primehelix

Primehelix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Just wanted to say thanks. With everybody having problems and/or sharing solutions, it made everything easier for me. I wish I looked for that superuser app in the app section though lol. Oh well . I Succeeded thanks to you all.  :D  :D  :D

The mark of your ignorance is

the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy.

-Richard Bach

The mark of your ignorance ithe depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy.

-Richard Bach

#113 camoxjeep

camoxjeep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

Just used this last night after a complete fzx and it worked flawless. Thanks for your hard work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#114 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

I was running into the same issues for a couple of days and finally got it to work. Can't guarantee it'll work for you but here's what I did: After trying all of the listed "names" I opted to try switching "Bridged" to "NAT" as mentioned earlier in this thread. That change got me past the "InavlId IP" error but I was unable to connect to the phone as it wasn't on the same subnet as my laptop. I restarted the VirtualBox, went back to "Bridged" and went thru the "name" options...miraculously the process went through and I'm rooted once again as confirmed via Root Checker Basic. Give it a shot...it just might work.

@marty45714 Thanks for the assist!!

Just posting my experience with EasyRoot, I had to FXZ with HoB yesterday to get my GPS to work again and forgot to save root :( I had previously downloaded both Ubantu and Easy Root but I couldn't get Linix to work right since it looks like something happened to the SMB configuration. I tried the EasyRoot but could never get passed the "invalid IP" no matter what I did. I tried the various options and network adapter selections but nothing ever worked. I finally went back to Linux, uninstalled my previous VM's and created a new one. I had a problem with the SAMBA service but figured out how to get Linux to fix that. One other think I had to do was set the network adapter on the Linux to NAT otherwise the Bionic would never see the share. It took all night but I'm back rooted again! But thanks again to all those who have previously offered advice and encouragement in this thread and especially to Marty for coming up with the utility.

Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#115 billwildered

billwildered

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:billwildered
  • LocationPoughkeepsie, NY
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Bionic

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

Worked perfectly for me on the first try! Thanks!!!

#116 KidFlash124

KidFlash124

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid, Droid Bionic

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Would I be able to do this with 'partial root'? I backed up root with Voodoo, lost it in the update, Titanium backup and Voodoo says I'm rooted but just about every other app, including Superuser, which is still installed, says I'm not rooted. I wanna get back on the rooted train, but would doing this method have any implications with my 'partial root'?

EDIT: This wasn't working for me, the VM wouldn't detect my phone, so I went on my ubuntu installation on my older computer with USB 2.0 ports, and did the terminal commands myself and it was a success!

#117 RazRman26

RazRman26

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Google+:Nikkhil Rampertaub
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR xt910 Fido

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

This is awesome.!!!!

I tried the other linux images posted before that but realized i was using virtual box and that was kind of buggy. Used the one that Marty 

posted and now Device Rooted and rocking. No issues at all

Device : Motorola  XT910

Carrier: Fido

Used Virtual box and the Root_Bionic_JB_2013.ova and it worked like a charm.

Huge thanks to Marty, DAN and all the others that have completed. You guys ROCK!!!

#118 Killerapplesauce

Killerapplesauce

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

Worked great thx for the effort

#119 roscored1000

roscored1000

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationaustralia
  • Current Device(s):razr, atrix,defy

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

I have a new to me Razr xt910 with OTA JB installed all stock and this install drove me nuts till i rebooted the phone and pc, then it still didnt work till i used a regular USB socket rather than USB3.0 then it was plain sailing. thanks guys

#120 Stiger

Stiger

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Asus TF101

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

Marty, thank you, thank you, thank you.  First try using this method I've got root.  Super easy.  

And thanks to everyone else in this thread for all the tips and instructions that made it so easy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users