9 replies to this topic

#1 HaVoK C89

HaVoK C89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

I got a white XT912 that when I cut it on automatically shows "safestrap disabled" the and when I go into the safestrap menu and try to install a rom it fails saying "no OS installed". What can I do to get the phone running again? How do I install the OS required?

#2 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

try downloading diff rom. SS is disabled when going to stock rom...

XT912 CDMA

#3 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

You might have to use Matt's Utility to flash the stock system on there. If safe strap is disabled it means your stock side is active and there is no OS on your stock side. At least that is how I understand your question.

• refuse2bstopped likes this

#4 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

I got a white XT912 that when I cut it on automatically shows "safestrap disabled" the and when I go into the safestrap menu and try to install a rom it fails saying "no OS installed". What can I do to get the phone running again? How do I install the OS required?

Is your Stock Side working at All?...

Long Press your Power button until it boots...let it do its process to see if it takes you back to a working Stock ROM...

If the Stock Side is working your Splash Screen is Red showing Safestrap is Disabled b-cuz you haven't Activated a Slot on Safestrap Side

Once you do Activate a Slot ROM...(Hopefully you know this Process) your Splash Screen is Now Actived to a Green Splash Screen...

I will leave it here for now...

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#5 refuse2bstopped

refuse2bstopped

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

I tried flashing for the first time and I think I mistakingly erased my back up and also system wiped while in the stock side of safe strap. It was my first Tims rooting or attempting to flash an android device. lol Long story short, I used Matt's utility while in Ap fast boot mode via USB connection to restore back to stock. I then re-rooted and reinstalled safe strap and got the rom I wanted safely after a hard learned lesson on paying attention to what's on the screen. (speaking for myself lol ).
  • neckchop likes this

#6 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Glad you got it straightened out!

#7 HaVoK C89

HaVoK C89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Sorry it's taken so long to reply, been gone for the weekend. Yea atm under safestrap the stock rom is highlighted and when i click on that there's just a blank box that says "currently active" in dull gray lettering. I'm really not familiar to the root/roming process on this phone so any help would be...well a help lol. I'll have to check out Matt's utility as well. Would it work if i just created a new rom slot then loaded a rom onto that? I was hoping in the end to be able to flash the blackwidow hdishv2 rom onto this phone.

Also when downloading matt's utility will I need anything other than the 1.9 utility itself? Thanks guys!!

#8 mik32tall

mik32tall

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm having the same problem. I'm on the jellywiz ROM and want to go back to stock so I boot my phone into ap fastboot mode and tryed using rsd lite but it doesn't recognize my phone and I've also tryed the bat utility to flash the stock jb and no luck when in ap fastboot at the top it says flash mode s
I hope someone can help I'm going crazy trying to figure this out

#9 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

I'm having the same problem. I'm on the jellywiz ROM and want to go back to stock so I boot my phone into ap fastboot mode and tryed using rsd lite but it doesn't recognize my phone and I've also tryed the bat utility to flash the stock jb and no luck when in ap fastboot at the top it says flash mode s
I hope someone can help I'm going crazy trying to figure this out

Have you installed the latest Motorola drivers (windows) ..... that is usually what the problem is when the computer won't "see the phone" ..... also... use a OEM Motorola USB cable on a 2.0 USB port , not 3.0 ....

... telekinectically tapping, tenaciously traversing the terrain...

• cmh714 likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#10 mik32tall

mik32tall

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

its not my computer my girl friend has the same phone and i can conect right to it when i put my phone in ap fastboot it says flash mode s and wont connect how do i fix this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users