Photo

(ROM) xt907 ( 98.16.1 ) UnOfficial-DST w/mods ( Unlocked Bootlader Only )

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Heya all here we have it. As a personal request of mine, my oldschool buddy ( mhous33 ) from way back has made some great strides in putting together a bare bones software build for our now Unlocked Razr HD (xt926) & Razr M (xt907). And because of recent events I feel it's best for me to get this put back for everyone's use. Now because this was originally a personal request of mine on work he had done he was not going to post, I asked for permission to post the work here at DR. Mind you I'm no Dev, so please realize I am just reposting so everyone can enjoy the build or so Developers can use it as a solid base we know works and runs very smooth. If there is a problem please post and I will work on getting it corrected as time permits. I also asked the Developer of this build to write something up on where & how this build came about besides my request . I will post his comments below for everyone to see.

Now with that all said we are also going to do something a little different this time around. As some members know because of the changes recently on us getting unlocked I've really felt people need to understand how things work. So to kick start this moving forward we'll start here on this build. The 1-click or as I say hand holding are just not my cup of tea. My theory is very simple, if you want to play then you need to learn some basics. Myself and many others are willing to assist in that task. However you need to show some willingness & effort as well on your part if you want to learn. At the end of the day it benefits everyone. So now on to the meat and potatoes abut first the writeup from the Dev...

From mhous33
"
Credits:
Dan Rosenberg - root and bootloader unlock wizard
Hashcode - aosp/kernel boss
DHacker - aosp boss
P3Droid - 1% battery meter assistance
jp1044 - assistance with disabling the wifi tether entitlement check
mattlgroff - the dexopt script, link to reboot menu tutorial
Verizon Wireless for stock software
Motorola Mobility for original DST software for a template
Aixelsyd - the best guy you'll ever meet ( I bet my X-wife begs to differ on that....lol )

The idea for making a Verizon-based DST build for both the RAZR M and RAZR HD comes from being an old moto fan who lives in an area where the evil empire is unfortunately the only viable option.

You see, Verizon has always been a money-hungry control freak. Back in the days of the original RAZR V3c, Aixelsyd, myself, and other miscreants would flash our Verizon RAZRs (V3c / V3m) with firmware from other carriers to be rid of the Qualcomm BREW platform that offered little in the way of customization beyond seem edits. DST firmware was the most desirable, because not only did it have the hacker-friendly moto ui, it was also free from carrier branding and bloat.
For the more skilled, you were then able to flash a Java-based upgrade like Telus or Bell to enjoy free java games and apps, as opposed to buying into the ridiculous BREW subscription platform. All of the Verizon bloat you see today is an evolution of that mostly unsuccessful business model.

For me, one of the main reasons to root is to be able to get rid of all the Verizon branding and bloat. The problem is, everyone has a different idea of what is bloat and what isn't. That's where the idea to use an actual DST build as a template to debloat emerged. Ideally, it would be great to be able to just fastboot flash a system and boot from an official DST build, but that doesn't work; it breaks all connectivity. If anyone is able to get that process to work, i'd be interested in learning how to do it. In the meantime, there is this. It is an UnOfficial-DST build made primarily from the stock Verizon system.

My Use/Kanging Policy: These fastboot xml files have a fair amount of my thought, time, and effort put into them, and they are fully functional. I don't have a problem with anyone using them as a base, i only ask that you have everything working 100% before releasing to the general public on any site. For a stock-based build, there is no reason this shouldn't be possible. You'll need simg2img.py to dump system.img, or you can fastboot flash to your device and use adb to do a system pull. As for deodexing, i recommend dsixda's Android-Kitchen.

For future reference, i do not authorize any links to my work other than the ones i put up, regardless of site policy.

Odexed 4.1.2 (98.16.1) DST fxz:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

MD5 = 49F0EB53ABE94DACB39B354173807CD0

Note: By default, the xml file used by rsdlite flashes only /boot & /system. You can enable flashing logo and radio by editing the xml file.

• neckchop, tmyinc and hillmom like this

#2 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Install process is as follow in 2 stages labeled as such below. Btw if you have Stage 1 setup or know how to use fastboot commands you can skip down to Stage 2. As mentioned we are doing things different on this so we are going to start with getting your comp setup for future use to make Your life easier down the road, and this is Stage 1. So plz keep in mind moving forward you will now have fastboot & ADB setup on your computer. You can then use either at a later date to manually do things on your own by putting the files needed in your 'bin' folder and then use the correct commands for whatever you may be working with whether it is ADB or fastboot.

Stage 1 = adb/fastboot setup:

download and install the motorola drivers for your system (32-bit or 64-bit) if you dont have them installed already:
motorola drivers 32-bit:

motorola drivers 64-bit:

download these zip files:

make a folder in your user folder named bin (c:\users\yourusername\bin)
extract both zip files into your bin folder
Note: AdbWinApi.dll is in both packages, keep either one
in the left-hand column of your windows explorer panel, locate "Computer" and right-click, then click "Properties"
in the left-hand column of the new window that pops up, click "Advanced system settings"
at the bottom of the new window that pops up, click "Environment Variables"
in the bottom portion of the new window that pops up titled "System variables", scroll down to "Path" and double-click
press your right arrow key once to move the cursor to the end of the "Variable value:" line and enter the following:

;c:\users\yourusername\bin (Yes the semi colon is required)

click "OK", click "OK" again, click "OK" again
Note: if you're using windows 8, your path edit takes effect immediately; if you're not using windows 8, reboot your system.

Now you can use adb and fastboot in any location. To keep things simple though, i'll use the bin folder as the working directory. Extract the contents of the fxz file into your bin folder so that they are not inside a sub folder. Now
navigate to c:\windows\system32, locate cmd.exe, and copy/paste it into your bin folder

Okay now that we have your comp setup right lets get on with it

Stage 2 = Flash the device ;

With your device powered off, press and hold volume up + volume down + power all at the same time.
When you see the boot menu, use volume down to scroll down to "AP Fastboot" and press volume up to select it
plug your phone into your pc, making sure to use a direct usb 2.0 port, not a hub
wait for the fastboot driver to load, then double click cmd.exe and enter the following commands in the terminal window:

W00t! You just flashed your device and its ready for use/setup after initial boot. Enjoy!!!!!
"
  • neckchop, tmyinc, hillmom and 1 other like this

#3 aokifay

aokifay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

RSD, can i  use?

#4 mthornto88

mthornto88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Aixelsyd, I am glad to see mhous33's work back on the site. I am running the .15 version and can honestly say this rom rocks. It's nothing fancy but its stable as can be and that's what matters most. Mhous33, if you read this keep up the good work. I appreciate it.

#5 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

RSD, can i  use?

Sure can

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#6 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

Aixelsyd, I am glad to see mhous33's work back on the site. I am running the .15 version and can honestly say this rom rocks. It's nothing fancy but its stable as can be and that's what matters most. Mhous33, if you read this keep up the good work. I appreciate it.

For sure the .15 ran very nicely as does this update. Glad to hear you like it as well. I'll do my best to keep this up to date as long as mhous33 is doing his thing.

• neckchop and livinginkaos like this

#7 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'm happy that you brought this back.  It was a shame to see Hous pull his stuff.  There was a lot of good things that he had posted up.  Whatever the reason he left, I hope it doesn't last too long and we see him back here in the near future. 

• neckchop likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#8 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

Sure can

how about TWRP?

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#9 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Sure can

how about TWRP?

No, as the op says we are taking a different route on this build using fast boot to jump start some basic learning. That said in the future we may have a flash able ZIP for use with twrp just not at this time.

• neckchop likes this

#10 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

I'm happy that you brought this back.  It was a shame to see Hous pull his stuff.  There was a lot of good things that he had posted up.  Whatever the reason he left, I hope it doesn't last too long and we see him back here in the near future. 

Couldn't agree more myself which is why I wanted to at least get this build posted again for everyones use.

#11 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

No, as the op says we are taking a different route on this build using fast boot to jump start some basic learning. That said in the future we may have a flash able ZIP for use with twrp just not at this time.

ah, okay, then to continue with the lesson -  what is the benefit on flashing ROMs via fastboot/ADB vs. TWRP/CWM? 

from what I gather, fastboot/adb is just an alternative to RSD and that flashing ROMS via fastboot/adb/RSD leads to to fewer problems than flashing via TWRP/CWM?

or is that creating a flashable file is easier/more reliable via fastboot/adb/RSD than TWRP/CWM

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#12 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

ah, okay, then to continue with the lesson -  what is the benefit on flashing ROMs via fastboot/ADB vs. TWRP/CWM? 

from what I gather, fastboot/adb is just an alternative to RSD and that flashing ROMS via fastboot/adb/RSD leads to to fewer problems than flashing via TWRP/CWM?

or is that creating a flashable file is easier/more reliable via fastboot/adb/RSD than TWRP/CWM

I'm on the run with a work situation atm so I'll have to hit you back in a bit on this to go into a little detail

#13 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

Technically there is no real benefit for using fastboot to flash this. However as I posted in the OP i feel it is time that ppl learn some of the basics and this is a good place to start as most ROMs are in ZIP format for use in TWRP or CWM. And yes fastboot is an alternative to RSD. Difference is RSD will flash the full XML, and using fastboot you can just unpack the XML and choose what partitions you want to flash using fastboot with the commands posted above for specific partitions of the device. 

g. 

• neckchop and jco23 like this

#14 KBA3AP-Mikpo

KBA3AP-Mikpo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationKherson
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

who knows a changelog of 98.16.1 instead of 98.16.15?

#15 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

who knows a changelog of 98.16.1 instead of 98.16.15?

there is none its a new leak that is not pushed via OTA yet

#16 unclebad

unclebad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

Thank you. I'm thrilled about my "new" phone without all the Verizon bloat. 

This was my first time using fastboot, and it was easy enough. Thank you for the detailed instructions. 

• Aixelsyd likes this

#17 moto13

moto13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

Just wondering if anyone has heard of plans to release an updated DST rom with the most recent OTA fixes?  I love some of the recent AOSP/CM releases but these DST roms seem to run best and have the best battery life..  Thanks all

• aviwdoowks likes this

#18 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Yea I agree. I try all the "hottest" roms & there is always something broken. Waiting. And maybe a deodexed version of this could be hatched?

#19 IanK

IanK

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Yea I agree. I try all the "hottest" roms & there is always something broken. Waiting. And maybe a deodexed version of this could be hatched?

I hear you. This was go to rom when I was traveling.

#20 moto13

moto13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:22 AM

Yep same here.. I just keep checking everyday, somebody will get an update put out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users