• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

#41 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

You all are inspiring me. I called Verizon a couple days after my 14 days was up offering to not only pay restocking fee but the 100 difference in price but the manager said no. Paying to move up to the maxx is not an issue but Verizon/Motorola aren't budging on it. I too have to walk around campus with my charger in my pocket and don't let me have to go on a day trip somewhere...!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

#42 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

You all are inspiring me. I called Verizon a couple days after my 14 days was up offering to not only pay restocking fee but the 100 difference in price but the manager said no. Paying to move up to the maxx is not an issue but Verizon/Motorola aren't budging on it. I too have to walk around campus with my charger in my pocket and don't let me have to go on a day trip somewhere...!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

I use mine pretty heavy all day off and on at work and get home with 70%... Even with 4g.. I don't use smart actions but I'm sure it would only get better:)...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#43 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

I use mine pretty heavy all day off and on at work and get home with 70%... Even with 4g.. I don't use smart actions but I'm sure it would only get better:)...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Do you work 4 hours a day? Lol Maybe your meaning of heavy use is a bit different than mine... I can easily be at 40% by noon after removing from charge at 7 am.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#44 swiftmazda

swiftmazda

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

I'm honestly surprised at all the battery complaints. The Razr actually has a decently sized battery. I use mine for work emails, personal emails, occasional video calls, syncing tasks regularly (I schedule everything, haha), playing games (Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, etc.), 20-30 phone calls a day, GPS navigation, Pandora, and pretty much anything else I have time for. I average around 20-25 hours of battery life depending on use, but I never have to charge it until I go to bed. Heck, I sometimes forget to charge it when I go to bed and charging it via my car charger during my 20 minute drive to work will get me through the day.

The Maxx sounds great, but I hate that it's thicker. It's nice almost not feeling my phone in my pocket during the day. In regards to the Maxx coming out shortly after the Razr, cell phones are released at a fairly rapid pace. Motorola has been notorious for releasing phones at a pretty fast clip, and its pretty much a given nowadays that something else will come around shortly after purchasing a phone. That's just the nature of the technology market. I'm just wondering how in the heck some of you are eating up your battery so fast. Poor 4G signal areas? I live downtown in a very solid 4G area, so I never notice less than completely full bars. That could have something to do with my battery life. I'm running the ICS leak as well. I'm getting slightly better battery life on ICS than I was on GB, but it's not really noticeable.

#45 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

I'm honestly surprised at all the battery complaints. The Razr actually has a decently sized battery. I use mine for work emails, personal emails, occasional video calls, syncing tasks regularly (I schedule everything, haha), playing games (Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, etc.), 20-30 phone calls a day, GPS navigation, Pandora, and pretty much anything else I have time for. I average around 20-25 hours of battery life depending on use, but I never have to charge it until I go to bed. Heck, I sometimes forget to charge it when I go to bed and charging it via my car charger during my 20 minute drive to work will get me through the day.

The Maxx sounds great, but I hate that its thicker. It's nice almost not feeling my phone in my pocket during the day. In regards to the Maxx coming out shortly after the Razr, cell phones are released at a fairly rapid pace. Motorola has been notorious for releasing phones at a pretty fast clip, and its pretty much a given nowadays that something else will come around shortly after purchasing a phone. That's just the nature of the technology market. I'm just wondering how in the heck some of you are eating up your battery so fast. Poor 4G signal areas? I live downtown in a very solid 4G area, so I never notice less than completely full bars. That could have something to do with my battery life. I'm running the ICS leak as well. I'm getting slightly better battery life on ICS than I was on GB, but it's not really noticeable.

My guess is your great reception. The leak also does have the best 4g radio from my , but I downgraded back to .173 and Eclipse. I can't do everything you just said on 3g which averages about 3-full bars and I frequently switch to WiFi when it experience's available (it's off until I know I'm gonna use it).... So here's my sample FCC complaint. Please don't copy it!! Just giving you guys an idea.... Do I feel good about this? No... But I did offer to PAY for an upgrade and trade my RAZR in for the MAXX. I need a phone that last the day. I filed my complaint against Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility btw...

I bought the Motorola Droid Razr through Verizon Wireless on January 28, 2012 under the impression that it was the 'best phone' available on market. However, the battery life on the device is awful. This is a 4g device and yet, to make it through the day, I keep my phone on 3g/no data. The reason? Terrible battery life. The battery life on this phone does not match up to their description as follows, quoted from the Motorola site (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

):

TALK TIME (CONTINUOUS)2
up to 750 min.

BATTERY TYPE
1780 mAh Li Ion

STANDBY TIME3
up to 205 hrs.

I can barely get advertised "talk time" usage through the use of constant battery saving techniques: dimming display, turning off autosync, turning off data (I pay 30/month for). Then, I learn they released the exact same phone with a bigger battery two days before my purchase 2 months after the release of the previous..

• jimyv likes this

#46 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

I must have a defective phone then... The only way i can get 20 hours is if my phone sits on a desk not being used. I've tried 3g and 4g. My reception seems pretty good at a constant 4 bars of 4g service.

#47 swiftmazda

swiftmazda

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

My guess is your great reception. The leak also does have the best 4g radio from my , but I downgraded back to .173 and Eclipse. I can't do everything you just said on 3g which averages about 3-full bars and I frequently switch to WiFi when it experience's available (it's off until I know I'm gonna use it).... So here's my sample FCC complaint. Please don't copy it!! Just giving you guys an idea.... Do I feel good about this? No... But I did offer to PAY for an upgrade and trade my RAZR in for the MAXX. I need a phone that last the day. I filed my complaint against Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility btw...

Yeah, I'm thinking it has to be the reception. It's literally perfect reception. I also use Wifi when its available as well (which is the majority of my day since most places around here have some form of unsecured hotspot). I never turn off Wifi though even if I'm not using it. From past experience, it really doesn't consume that much battery while searching for a wireless network. On a side note, I noticed that I was sucking my battery dry on my Droid X when I lived in a lower signal area. When I was getting two or three bars on my Droid X, I was lucky if I could get an entire day on that battery.

#48 swiftmazda

swiftmazda

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

I must have a defective phone then... The only way i can get 20 hours is if my phone sits on a desk not being used. I've tried 3g and 4g. My reception seems pretty good at a constant 4 bars of 4g service.

It's possible a process on your phone is consuming a lot of battery life or something. I know it's not just you that is having less than desirable battery life. It's intriguing that so many people can experience different results though. I know usage of users varies drastically, but it shouldn't be that big of a difference.

#49 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

I noticed a girl in my class had the same phone as me. I showed off my white RAZR and she got jealous (you can't see it due to the otterbox X_X lol) and she complained about the terrible battery life she was getting. I laughed and asked for her phone, set it to CDMA only. A week later she came up to me excited saying "OMG I don't know what you did but I can actually use my phone the whole day now!! I'm on like 40% when usually I would have died a long time ago!" Again, I laughed as I reached for my charger to get a quick charge during the conversation.

It's so tacky always looking for outlets!! I look like I dropped something important lol...

#50 swiftmazda

swiftmazda

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

I noticed a girl in my class had the same phone as me. I showed off my white RAZR and she got jealous (you can't see it due to the otterbox X_X lol) and she complained about the terrible battery life she was getting. I laughed and asked for her phone, set it to CDMA only. A week later she came up to me excited saying "OMG I don't know what you did but I can actually use my phone the whole day now!! I'm on like 40% when usually I would have died a long time ago!" Again, I laughed as I reached for my charger to get a quick charge during the conversation.

It's so tacky always looking for outlets!! I look like I dropped something important lol...

I don't know if they make it for the Razr, but I have a friend that has this awesome case for his iPhone. You can literally charge the case and then utilize the case to charge the battery on the iPhone when it gets low. In other words, it's almost like a second battery when you need it. It was pretty fascinating.

#51 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:gexx

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

On 3g it is good on 4g it is useless unless I am next to a charger. But I didn't have to spend 300 and extend my contract to have a 3g phone already had one.

#52 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

On 3g it is good on 4g it is useless about being next to a charger. But I didn't have to spend 300 and extend my contract to have a 3g phone already had one.

Lol, funny thing every verizon tech i spoke with recommends you keep it on 4g. One even told me they heard leaving it on 4g helps battery.

#53 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

Yeah... explain to them that smart actions popped up a recommended that said "get a maxx"

#54 mikera67

mikera67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

On the razr, around noon I'd have less than 20% everyday, tried both jd and sa for extended periods, they helped but still unacceptable. Yesterday I unplugged at six am with the maxx, played in the state bca pool team tourney until 130 am, was on the phone heavy since we had many hours between matches, even streamed the Ohio state spring game, all the second half with sling player, then watched about 90 minutes of the stream of the pool matches. When I plugged into my car on the way home, battery was 54%, that's impressive!

Thickness is bigger, but now that I've had it a few days, I don't notice it, fits great in my pocket still, its my perfect phone, fast, powerful and insane battery life.

#55 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

Still have your OG RAZR I see lol.

#56 mikera67

mikera67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

Nope, haven't changed sig, pulled Sim card and sd card from razr to put into this maxx, the razr is somewhere in Verizon land...

Razr maxx

#57 bpm1055

bpm1055

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

I can't decide if I really want to do this. Technically my dad owns the account I am on, so if I file the complaint will they end up going to him about it or to me. Anyone know he also has the razr though.

#58 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

I can't decide if I really want to do this. Technically my dad owns the account I am on, so if I file the complaint will they end up going to him about it or to me. Anyone know he also has the razr though.

I would imagine that he would have to file the complaint for both devices.

#59 bpm1055

bpm1055

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

that was my thought too.

#60 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

So verizon decided to send me some small battery razr's after they promised they were going to send me some refurb maxx's. Now they are saying 24-48 hours to get back to me with a answer. I guess that verizon has got to big for their britches... As it is the tiering of data, reducing the shipping, and now pulling back on what they say they are going to do. It is sad that they are doing this. Anyways, I am waiting back for a answer, my next complaint will be to the fcc. I am tired of having to be next to a charger if I want to use 4g for any time longer than a hour or two.. Since the 2 places I have a charger are in my car (where it is illegial for me to use my phone) and my office where I have computers & wifi,

This will be the last time I have a fixed battery on a phone. I didn't think it would be a issue, but as it is, I freak out whenever I am away from a charger because I think it will go dead. And this is after a fresh wipe, I watch the stuff that is running, and it is pretty much bone stock. Motorola knows they goofed up, that is why they released the maxx. And if anyone wants to argue with that, then stop being such a sheep. It is like getting a car with a v8 and a 6 gallon tank, then 60 days later, they come out with one with a 12-15 gallon tank? Do you think those people will just tolerate it, or expect them to retrofit the car's with the bigger gas tank?

Verizon advertises use our network on the most powerful wireless data network out there. The key word is wireless. it is wireless for about 2 hours...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users