168 replies to this topic

#101 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

I have no complaints with my RAZR battery life. I've had it since march and it hasn't died on me once yet. This phone had better battery life than my droid, charge, thunderbolt, and maybe even my droid x.

Sent from my DROIDRAZR using Tapatalk 2

I agree. No complaints here at all. After a full day of work (9-10 hrs) I still have about 60% battery. I have a cardock, so the 30 min drive to and from work my Razr is charging. Got this phone in Novemeber after release and my only issue is the locked bootloader lol. I don't even need the battery in the Maxx.

Sent from my internets connected device.
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#102 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Well see here's my issue as to why I filed a complaint. I go waltzing in the Verizon store, ready to upgrade right? Now yes part of this does fall on me for not doing my research this time but that's beyond the point. I go in the store and ask the sales rep (mind you this is AFTER the Maxx had already released which I wasn't aware of), I ask him, "What's the best 4G phone you have right now with battery life?" He replies, "Well I have the RAZR and I get about 17 hours out of it, with heavy usage." I reply "Awesome, I guess I'll take the RAZR then." I purchase my new RAZR for $200, get in the car and the rest is history.

Yes I can honestly say (even though I'm ashamed of it) I had no prior knowledge of the Maxx and was not informed of the Maxx when I went to upgrade my phone. That was problem 1. Problem 2 was that the store rep lied to my face about battery life. There is not 1 user that has this phone, that gets 17 hours of battery life, on a complete stock, unmodified, Reguar RAZR with HEAVY usage. It was simply a lie.

Problem 2 started when I found out about the Maxx and tried to take my RAZR back. I take my RAZR back to Verizon, low and behold who do I see? The same sales rep that lied to me. I went on to him about how I was upset that I wasn't informed about the Maxx when I made my purchase and that I wanted to get the Maxx instead of the RAZR. He said "No problem, but we're currently sold out of the RAZR Maxx, I can sell you a pocket charger for $60 though." This guy was completely missing the point. I'm in the military, I don't have time to keep plugging my phone into something else. Hence the reason I don't carry around another charger with me. I just wanted to have a phone that lasts throughout the day. That's it, no extras. After explaining this to him about 4 more times, he takes my number down and tells me he'll call me as soon as they get in a Maxx. Needless to say he didn't call me until after my 14 day return period was over. They did however offer to sell me a Maxx............for full retail.

See there are circumstances in which people aren't trying to screw over the system. There are situations where the customer gets the shaft and I was one of those situations. Like I said, I take full responsibility for not doing my research before going in there. That being said, no Verizon employee is supposed to lie to their customers either. I asked him what was the best phone for battery life, he lied saying the RAZR, not the Maxx. He lied about how much battery life the RAZR gets. He probably even lied about the Maxx being sold out. This is why I took my situation to the FCC over the battery life. I was wronged and lied to by a company I've had service with over the last 10 years. So before you go talking about how people shouldn't be upset, try to consider the circumstances.

#103 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

And the lesson here is that Verizon reps have no freakin clue what they are talking about. I don't think he lied to you I think he is just clueless. You're lucky he didn't give you an iph*ne.

Even if the guy told you illegitimate numbers from Moto about battery life, we all know those are not real world numbers, just trumped up BS by a manufacturer. At the end of the day for a 4G phone on Verizon with this size battery you will not get super awesome battery life.

Well I understand your story and sympathize with your situation I'm not sure it's FCC complaint worthy. Especially since you own up to not doing your research prior to shopping.

PS I'm just talking here, not trying to argue or discount your issues...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#104 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

Damn hicks... I'd be PISSED too. Can't blame you at all.

[ Courtesy of Hotel California ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#105 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

And the lesson here is that Verizon reps have no freakin clue what they are talking about. I don't think he lied to you I think he is just clueless. You're lucky he didn't give you an iph*ne.

Even if the guy told you illegitimate numbers from Moto about battery life, we all know those are not real world numbers, just trumped up BS by a manufacturer. At the end of the day for a 4G phone on Verizon with this size battery you will not get super awesome battery life.

Well I understand your story and sympathize with your situation I'm not sure it's FCC complaint worthy. Especially since you own up to not doing your research prior to shopping.

PS I'm just talking here, not trying to argue or discount your issues...

Me saying that he lied to me about battery life was because he was telling me how much he got on his own phone. Not the suggested battery life from Moto. It was a "personal use" statement. Which was a lie.

Damn hicks... I'd be PISSED too. Can't blame you at all.

[ Courtesy of Hotel California ]

I was furious. I had a lot going on at that time and didn't really have time to check out all the available phones. My P.O.S. LG Revolution was crapping out and I needed an upgrade quick. It was a snap decision that I fully regret. I don't regret getting the RAZR, I regret not getting the Maxx.

#106 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

I don't regret getting the RAZR, I regret not getting the Maxx.

The online description is what threw me off. I know that talk time is NOT even close to real usage time but it does come out to about 16-17 hours. I figured I could get 12.... can't even get 8 on a good day.

#107 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

I got a call from Verizon Executive Office regarding my FCC complaint today. They offered nothing, and denied knowing about the Razr Maxx coming out soon after the razr. I asked if they would trade out my razr for the razor Maxx to which they replied that only if I was due for my upgtrade. Way to treat a loyal customer of many many years.
Posted Image

#108 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

I got a call from Verizon Executive Office regarding my FCC complaint today. They offered nothing, and denied knowing about the Razr Maxx coming out soon after the razr. I asked if they would trade out my razr for the razor Maxx to which they replied that only if I was due for my upgtrade. Way to treat a loyal customer of many many years.

I just got off the phone with an executive customer service rep. They can pull some strings for you. It took a couple weeks to get ahold of em cause I missed their calls, but things did work out for me.

Rule #1: BE POLITE!

Rule #2: They aren't entitled to give you jack squat really (even with an FCC complaint.)

Rule #3: Always try solving the issue through normal means first. That really helped my case and the fact that I already knew battery saving techniques.

I just accepted another 2 yr contract (extended from a couple months ago so no big whoop) and paid the $30 upgrade fee and the Maxx will be here tomorrow. Thank goodness the contract price dropped a couple of days ago, but I was willing to pay the 100 difference simply for the convenience. Happy customer again!

#109 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

GOT MY MAXX JUST NOW!!

#110 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

GOT MY MAXX JUST NOW!!

Weren't you on 84/85?

[ pull this thread as I walk away... ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#111 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Yeah now I'm rocking the new cm9 on .79.

Og razr will be my test phone so I'll never be stuck again on something

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#112 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Cm9 what! Where is the thread at? I want some too! Vzw has been great to me. Yes, loosing your temper is never a good idea and if you do loose it some. Also stop and apologize. Trust me it helps. I ask all kinds of questions and even if I know it too I will ask. I will never leave vzw unless I loose my unlimited data.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#113 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Cm9 what! Where is the thread at? I want some too! Vzw has been great to me. Yes, loosing your temper is never a good idea and if you do loose it some. Also stop and apologize. Trust me it helps. I ask all kinds of questions and even if I know it too I will ask. I will never leave vzw unless I loose my unlimited data.

*losing.... *lose.... *lose.... Grammar Nazi. Sorry can't help it :P :D

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#114 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

?

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#115 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Www.droidhive.com

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#116 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

Thank you soldier.

#117 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Thank you soldier.

You're welcome! Sorry about the vague link, I wasn't around my laptop, here's a better link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#118 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

Thank you soldier.

goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

You'll need those too

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#119 Krazr

Krazr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

So I just talked with a Verizon rep today via the FCC complaint. I will be receiving a Razr Maxx in exchange for my Razr. Do you guys think it will be an issue that my Razr is running OS .84?

#120 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

So I just talked with a Verizon rep today via the FCC complaint. I will be receiving a Razr Maxx in exchange for my Razr. Do you guys think it will be an issue that my Razr is running OS .84?

Uhhh yes.

[ what path? ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users